• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chuba Hubbard Best Back in the Big 12? ...I don't think so....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuba Hubbard was the preseason Big12 Offensive Player of the Year...but it ain't shaking out that way...

The best back...not only in the Big12..but as it stands through 4 games ...in the Nation resides in Morgantown....Leddie Brown has arrived...texted BBW during the game this past weekend that he is easily the most complete back WV may have had in sometime...there is nothing he can't do...his hands out of the backfield and the ability to turn it up field as quickly as he does is PROFESIONAL LEVEL stuff...his game reminds of Simms a few years back...but better ..and Simms was productive in Tampa Bay..But I think Brown is better...kid can shed the first tackler it seems with ease...

Currently Brown is #4 in the Country in Rushing...actually behind Breece Hall from Iowa State who is #2 at the moment....Hubbard clocks in at 11Th

Brown is #6 in in the country in Total Offense and #2 in the Big12 behind Trestan Ebner from Baylor, but his numbers are skewed a bit because he returns Kickoffs..Chuba Hubbard is #43......

Long Rushing Plays...#1 in the Big 12....He has runs of over 80, 70, 60, 50 and 40 yards already this year...Hubbard is 24Th with not a single run over 20 yards...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an Oline to run behind makes a big difference. Josh Sills could not run block last year for Leddie and now he is blocking for Chuba.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an Oline to run behind makes a big difference. Josh Sills could not run block last year for Leddie and now he is blocking for Chuba.

Giving credit to the line up front is certainly a must...but there were some great camera shots of watching him it the whole and reading the next level of defense...kids got got skills..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to improve his blitz blocking. Once he does this, he will enjoy a nice NFL career.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to improve his blitz blocking. Once he does this, he will enjoy a nice NFL career.

Meh...overrated...especially when your working your way out in a pass route...can't do both. at the same time

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...overrated...especially when your working your way out in a pass route...can't do both. at the same time
When your assignment in a passing down is to identify and block the player blitzing, you have to be able to do so.

Pretty much a basic skill at the next level. He’s currently struggling in this area.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your assignment in a passing down is to identify and block the player blitzing, you have to be able to do so.

Pretty much a basic skill at the next level. He’s currently struggling in this area.

I would suggest most Pro offenses run out of an empty backfield...if they do have a one back set he maybe has to chip block at best...rarely asked these days to add to max protection with an RPO offense..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest most Pro offenses run out of an empty backfield...if they do have a one back set he maybe has to chip block at best...rarely asked these days to add to max protection with an RPO offense..
You watch a different game than I do.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article reflects the game that I watch...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article reflects the game that I watch...

They t must be losing then...:peace:...you name a team with a base offense that is RPO that has a back blocking in the backfield..the only time back blocks is to max protect to go vertical deep down field...why else would he block...if this was a pro set then I am with you... this article if you read far enough speaks to the value of blocking in this day and age..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They t must be losing then...:peace:...you name a team with a base offense that is RPO that has a back blocking in the backfield..the only time back blocks is to max protect to go vertical deep down field...why else would he block...if this was a pro set then I am with you... this article if you read far enough speaks to the value of blocking in this day and age..

Hey... I understand the point you’re driving home.

But, there are true passing downs. I know that you know this. There are times when the RB has to be able to read the defense and pick up the blitz... especially when it is coming up the middle.

Right now, Leddie pretty much sucks at this part of the game. Will it hurt his evaluation at the next level? I say it will. Because he don’t have great speed either.

Until then, he truly needs to help his QB at WVU. Because right now... Doege is taking a fucking pounding...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... I understand the point you’re driving home.

But, there are true passing downs. I know that you know this. There are times when the RB has to be able to read the defense and pick up the blitz... especially when it is coming up the middle.

Right now, Leddie pretty much sucks at this part of the game. Will it hurt his evaluation at the next level? I say it will. Because he don’t have great speed either.

Until then, he truly needs to help his QB at WVU. Because right now... Doege is taking a fucking pounding...

Well you know I have questioning where the screen game was in the first two games...now they have had their Ah Ha moment and are using it full tilt...Until a team stops it they will likely not take too many shots downfield. Once teams defend it then I agree...he will need to help in a big way in max protect..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counted the times both teams used their backs to block............ZERO...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counted the times both teams used their backs to block............ZERO...
Cool.

TT uses 11 personnel close to 100% of the time. We did not blitz? We brought 3 most of the game.

Come back with your count after the KSU game. Lol...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

TT uses 11 personnel close to 100% of the time. We did not blitz? We brought 3 most of the game.

Come back with your count after the KSU game. Lol...

I won't dismiss that that a back maybe called to max protect...but with most teams running an RPO game...there isn't a need....I watched the Steelers on Sunday...Conner did not block a single time..they went two TE's and McDonald became that blocking back ...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't dismiss that that a back maybe called to max protect...but with most teams running an RPO game...there isn't a need....I watched the Steelers on Sunday...Conner did not block a single time..they went two TE's and McDonald became that blocking back ...
KSU has one elite DE and the other guy is pretty damn good.

Tell me how many times Leddie blocks on Saturday. Also, keep track of how many whiffs are on him... how many times he allows his QB to get destroyed.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU has one elite DE and the other guy is pretty damn good.

Tell me how many times Leddie blocks on Saturday. Also, keep track of how many whiffs are on him... how many times he allows his QB to get destroyed.

I will be watching...but think about it...this dink and dunk RPO offense takes maybe 1 or two shots downfield...the QB gets the ball out of his hand or should under 2.5 seconds....they just don't run an offense that requires chip blocking or max protect....the pro's ask for it more and he will need to be able to stand up a LB at the next level...but watch the Steeler game on Sunday, maybe Connor does it once...Snell never does he usually is in short yardage offense...they will bring another TE or Watt in to max protect..becuase this brand of TB can't get it done anymore because they don't do it in college..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be watching...but think about it...this dink and dunk RPO offense takes maybe 1 or two shots downfield...the QB gets the ball out of his hand or should under 2.5 seconds....they just don't run an offense that requires chip blocking or max protect....the pro's ask for it more and he will need to be able to stand up a LB at the next level...but watch the Steeler game on Sunday, maybe Connor does it once...Snell never does he usually is in short yardage offense...they will bring another TE or Watt in to max protect..becuase this brand of TB can't get it done anymore because they don't do it in college..

There ain't many teams running RPO when it's a certain 3rd and long passing situation.

WVU gets behind the chains on a regular basis. As a result, it puts us in 3rd and long more often than not. PFF has Brown's blocking score in the low 40's. That's not good btw...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ain't many teams running RPO when it's a certain 3rd and long passing situation.

WVU gets behind the chains on a regular basis. As a result, it puts us in 3rd and long more often than not. PFF has Brown's blocking score in the low 40's. That's not good btw...

They like running Brown out as Safety Valve or setup the slip screen....watched the STEELERS BEAT THE RAVENS!...GREAT WEEKEND FOR ME BTW!...Conner did not block a single play....Steelers in 5 wide for almost the entire second half......Would love to see Leddie Brown in a Steeler Uniform......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They like running Brown out as Safety Valve or setup the slip screen....watched the STEELERS BEAT THE RAVENS!...GREAT WEEKEND FOR ME BTW!...Conner did not block a single play....Steelers in 5 wide for almost the entire second half......Would love to see Leddie Brown in a Steeler Uniform......

Did not get to see but the last 5 min of the Steeler game yesterday since I live in Buffalo Bills territory.

Every single RB evaluation includes pass blocking.

That ain’t changed with the development of RPO. Last year’s grades for NFL RB’s included pass blocking.