• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Christmas Day Games

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get that. It's not just the Lakers that do that either. Teams settle for the 3 late in games when they don't need to way too often, imo..

The Lakers shot 45 threes yesterday. That's way too many. They lead the league in points in the paint and they want to shoot 45 threes? Makes no sense.

Think you have to credit the Clipper defense there.

Their perimeter defense limited the Lakers ability to penetrate. So they settled for a ton of 3s.

Reactions: GNG

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you have to credit the Clipper defense there.

Their perimeter defense limited the Lakers ability to penetrate. So they settled for a ton of 3s.

Yeah, I agree. I thought they gave up too early, too often and rather than look for other ways to get the ball inside, they just settled for the 3.

It's fine when they're falling, which they kind of were early in the game (especially Kuz), but they kept settling for them even after they stopped falling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I thought they gave up too early, too often and rather than look for other ways to get the ball inside, they just settled for the 3.

It's fine when they're falling, which they kind of were early in the game (especially Kuz), but they kept settling for them even after they stopped falling.

going to be interesting when these 2 inevitably meet in the playoffs.

Just think the matchups favor the Clippers. Lakers can win, but they are going to need to find a way to take better advantage of their size beyond just posting AD. Vogel going to have his work cut out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to be interesting when these 2 inevitably meet in the playoffs.

Just think the matchups favor the Clippers. Lakers can win, but they are going to need to find a way to take better advantage of their size beyond just posting AD. Vogel going to have his work cut out.

Yep. I agree. I think the Lakers can pretty much hang with them through the first 4-6, but things start favoring the Clips pretty heavily after that.

For the Lakers to beat them in the playoffs, Lebron will likely have to play like 2016 Lebron and AD will have to be at the top of his game too.

Playoff P making an appearance would help too. lol

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi makes LBJ his beyotch again. ROFLMAO Cant beat a top team with AD of god sakes. Can you say "LeOverrated"

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi makes LBJ his beyotch again. ROFLMAO Cant beat a top team with AD of god sakes. Can you say "LeOverrated"
You can say "too early in the season", to claim any player overrated!!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was probably one of the best game plans I've seen from Kerr in...well I actually don't know, it's been that long. Hopefully he doesn't make it a habit for the rest of the year, but going forward that type of thinking is what the Warriors will need.

They started off the game doubling off of Westbrook and forcing him to be a volume shooter. He took the bait and ended up taking 32 shots. He saw the Warriors weren't respecting him and being the competitor he is, he had to prove a point.

Harden was limited to a single freethrow. Most of this had to do with forcing the ball out of his hands early and often. Harden often times just floated 10 feet past the three point line as soon as he had to give the ball up to a double.

Warriors, additionally played really well. I don't expect this type of game all the time, but the Warriors are showing growth. 3 game winning streak. NBA finals, here we come.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors are overrated.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are just tougher than the Lakers, period.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was probably one of the best game plans I've seen from Kerr in...well I actually don't know, it's been that long. Hopefully he doesn't make it a habit for the rest of the year, but going forward that type of thinking is what the Warriors will need.

They started off the game doubling off of Westbrook and forcing him to be a volume shooter. He took the bait and ended up taking 32 shots. He saw the Warriors weren't respecting him and being the competitor he is, he had to prove a point.

Harden was limited to a single freethrow. Most of this had to do with forcing the ball out of his hands early and often. Harden often times just floated 10 feet past the three point line as soon as he had to give the ball up to a double.

Warriors, additionally played really well. I don't expect this type of game all the time, but the Warriors are showing growth. 3 game winning streak. NBA finals, here we come.

Even if the Warriors end up winning some games and finishing with a lower lottery pick, this year will really help their chances of contending again next year. The youngsters are gaining valuable reps that will better prepare them to contribute when the games matter again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, give it a rest.

Shitty LeBron is still better than 85 % of the NBA.

The Clippers are a horrible matchup for him.

We can throw a legit 6 different guys at him, EVERY GAME.

* Kawhi, George, Trezl, Jmychal, Harkless, Beverly*

Patterson can't even slow him down a d Zubac is too slow.

Those other guys can at least get in his way.

LeBron needs to stop deferring.

Especially since Rondo, Bradley are liquid ass.

But, you are dancing on his grave prematurely.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since Rondo, Bradley are liquid ass.

giphy.gif

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, I enjoyed yesterday immensely.

But, how can a top 3 player be overrated?

Gmafb
Yep I agree. TBH I never really liked LeBron, but to call him overrated is asinine.