• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael Traded

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll hit a big open hole, then drop the ball 20 yards downfield with no contact.

lol ... That's his one knock ... He needs to hang onto the rock ... I think that was the biggest disappointment with him.. BUT DAM that boy can move and cut like Warner back in the day... He's scary when he finds a seem ...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... That's his one knock ... He needs to hang onto the rock ... I think that was the biggest disappointment with him.. BUT DAM that boy can move and cut like Warner back in the day... He's scary when he finds a seem ...

Yea, he's got skills. I just don't think he'll ever a real shot as consistently showing them because that flaw is a killer.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't get this. Every other trade we are seeing right now is for a conditional 6th or 7th (because the guys being traded are about to be cut, anyway) and we gave up a 5th for a nobody backup safety?

Anyone have any data on Kelcie McCray that says he should be more valuable than Michael or any of the other traded players this past week?
I have read that he was a beast on special teams, and a really quality backup. The problem with the Hawks is that whoever fills the SS spot is going to be inadequate no matter what because they are filling huge shoes. It's looking more and more like our strength on D will be the line this year with the LOB taking a step back. That's fine because we are still pretty damn good back there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he's got skills. I just don't think he'll ever a real shot as consistently showing them because that flaw is a killer.
The approach will be a lot like that of a young QB. The only way to get them to the point of where their performance meets their potential is to weather the storm of some bad play along the way. I think Michael can correct the issues, but it probably needs to come with playing time.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The approach will be a lot like that of a young QB. The only way to get them to the point of where their performance meets their potential is to weather the storm of some bad play along the way. I think Michael can correct the issues, but it probably needs to come with playing time.

But that playing time will cost you wins. That approach may work with a shit team, but Dallas is supposed to be a contender.

I'm glad he's gone. Talented, but a waste of roster space if you value ball control.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his departure has made us better... Fred Jackson gets to fill that spot on the roster officially now... With Turbin out, the Hawks needed a solid 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield and pass block - Fred Jackson is very good at both of those. With our OL struggling a bit, it was very important to get a RB that can help pass block on 3rd downs... His receiving skills adds another threat that the opposing defenses will have to honor as well... I think Fred Jackson is being underrated a bit as the backup RB for the Hawks... I personally feel he will be a strong contributor in this offense... He's also a solid backup for Lynch if he has to miss some time due to injury... He still has something left in the tank...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his departure has made us better... Fred Jackson gets to fill that spot on the roster officially now... With Turbin out, the Hawks needed a solid 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield and pass block - Fred Jackson is very good at both of those. With our OL struggling a bit, it was very important to get a RB that can help pass block on 3rd downs... His receiving skills adds another threat that the opposing defenses will have to honor... I think Fred Jackson is being underrated a bit as the backup RB for the Hawks... He still has something left in the tank...
Sound about right to me. FJ is good in every aspect, might be old, but low mileage. I like it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound about right to me. FJ is good in every aspect, might be old, but low mileage. I like it.

Low mileage is right... As Shaq called Duncan, "Mr Fundamental", that name could easily be given to Fred Jackson as well... He not only has fundamentals but he's dependable too... He doesn't make many mistakes......

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why so many fans are upset about the trade. I don't get the love fest over Christine Michael. What has he ever done for this team? And im not just talking regular season, I'm talking throughout every preseason game he's ever played in and his entire career here in Seattle.

Did he ever have a single preseason game or practice where he just went off and showed consistency and have a badass game? I can't think of a single one. If this dude has all the talent that people think he has, he would have shown it by now at some point. I remember Nick Reed having beastly preseason games, I remember Stephen Williams going off last preseason. Shit I remember Aaron Curry having a great game at some point. Christine Michael just isn't a good football player and good riddance to him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why so many fans are upset about the trade. I don't get the love fest over Christine Michael. What has he ever done for this team? And im not just talking regular season, I'm talking throughout every preseason game he's ever played in and his entire career here in Seattle.

Did he ever have a single preseason game or practice where he just went off and showed consistency and have a badass game? I can't think of a single one. If this dude has all the talent that people think he has, he would have shown it by now at some point. I remember Nick Reed having beastly preseason games, I remember Stephen Williams going off last preseason. Shit I remember Aaron Curry having a great game at some point. Christine Michael just isn't a good football player and good riddance to him.

Uggh, don't remind me. That must have been the game that tricked me into thinking buying a $200 Curry jersey was a good idea. On a side note, I have a barely used Curry jersey for sale cheap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many fans? You must mean other then here, because the vast majority here are not impressed with Micheals.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his departure has made us better... Fred Jackson gets to fill that spot on the roster officially now... With Turbin out, the Hawks needed a solid 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield and pass block - Fred Jackson is very good at both of those. With our OL struggling a bit, it was very important to get a RB that can help pass block on 3rd downs... His receiving skills adds another threat that the opposing defenses will have to honor as well... I think Fred Jackson is being underrated a bit as the backup RB for the Hawks... I personally feel he will be a strong contributor in this offense... He's also a solid backup for Lynch if he has to miss some time due to injury... He still has something left in the tank...

Our needs for a good blocking back are vital right now... That's why Jackson was a nice pick-up for us even if just for this year... Our line should improve as the season roll's on ... A lot of young guy's upfront...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that playing time will cost you wins.

Yes, it could. Much like starting a rookie or inexperienced QB. It doesn't always work out that way though. See Wilson, Russell and Luck, Andrew. But, yeah, if Michael brings the fumbling issues with him to Dallas, it may very well cost a game or two.

That approach may work with a shit team, but Dallas is supposed to be a contender.

I'm glad he's gone. Talented, but a waste of roster space if you value ball control.
Yeah, much more leeway on a team with low expectations. The Cowboys don't have tons of skin in the game though. If they never play him at all, they really aren't out that much. It's not like they've planned their season around this acquisition.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not matter what he does in Dallas, the facts are he didn't do anything with us. In his first two years he could not jump ahead of Turbin in the depth chart. This year with Turbin going on IR he still couldn't do enough to convince the coaches to jump to the number two spot. It was not working, time to move on. As for trading him to a team that we are competing with, well chances are we were going to cut him and Dallas would of signed him anyway.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with Rawls. I'm kind of happy how this turned out.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted him at the end of the fantasy league so I would have him if he becomes something in Dallas.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not matter what he does in Dallas, the facts are he didn't do anything with us.

Right on point... This is what I like about Schneider/Carroll... They're willing to move on from players and admit to making a mistake rather than hanging onto them for dear life hoping they'll turn it around... Total opposite of the Seattle Mariners philosophy...

We've moved on from Harvin, Flynn and now Michaels very quickly even though the team invested a lot...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conditional pick.

Do you believe in JS enough to think that the conditions of Michaels performance in Dallas could turn the 7th round pick into something better, like a 4th or 5th?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many fans? You must mean other then here, because the vast majority here are not impressed with Micheals.

What ever happened to that Guy that made his Avai a pic of Michaels and was all like Cmike is the man, Cmike will be awesome. Just watch Cmike will be the best RB in Seahawks history lol. Where did he go?