• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul to meet with Nuggets

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Spurs have never changed their offense in the time Popovich has coached there.

I've met Pop personally as he was good friends and had graduated HS with my late uncle. He'll probably go down as the greatest basketball coach ever.

That being said, he's not the most flexible guy in the world. In his 20 seasons with the Spurs, San Antonio has ranked outside the bottom third in pace five times. As he inches closer to his 70th birthday, how much do you expect him to change his ways?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met Pop personally as he was good friends and had graduated HS with my late uncle. He'll probably go down as the greatest basketball coach ever.

That being said, he's not the most flexible guy in the world. In his 20 seasons with the Spurs, San Antonio has ranked outside the bottom third in pace five times. As he inches closer to his 70th birthday, how much do you expect him to change his ways?

He certainly changed his ways in 2014. That's what makes Pop a great coach, he's not married to his system. If he sees something broken or his personnel doesn't fit his system, he changes his system. His five titles tells me I'm right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be stupid to return to a hapless roster that may not include Redick or Griffin just for the money. The one upside I see there would be to potentially bring the so-called "Banana Boat Crew" together in a couple seasons with the added abundance of cap space in such a situation, but that's about it.

So he should take less money to play on a different hapless roster that isn't winning a championship either?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George says nah, I'll let my agent do all the talking and take the coward's way out.

So, you're rooting for CP3 to do the same, after being a key guy in the player's union fighting for the increased contracts?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find HurricaneShitStorm's posts to be visually offensive. The amount of stupidity and hypocrisy that he posts on here burns my retinas. @trojanfan12 , I'm not sure why, but this is entirely your fault.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find HurricaneShitStorm's posts to be visually offensive. The amount of stupidity and hypocrisy that he posts on here burns my retinas. @trojanfan12 , I'm not sure why, but this is entirely your fault.

I think they're hilarious. Not only does he honestly believe he's right, he's also the biggest hypocrite on these boards.

Plus he has a complete meltdown every couple of days.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he should take less money to play on a different hapless roster that isn't winning a championship either?

From 2010-2014, just about everyone and their mother made the claim that LeBron wouldn't ever go back to Cleveland because "they're not a championship organization". Nevertheless, LeBron took that risk (of injury) by signing short deal after short deal and what do you know?...He actually won a title with Cleveland.

You say I'm the one that I'm the one that doesn't like being disagreed with, yet you're the one on this thread copying and pasting the same post waiting for me to agree with you, and I've given you a different response every time.

Chris Paul knows just as well as LeBron does that barring catastrophic injury, he's going to get his max money anytime and anywhere he becomes a free agent.

It's still quite obvious that the Clippers have the best chance to sign Paul out of any other team this summer, and I get that. But, why would he even bother visiting all these teams if he was only interested in the Clippers' money? He's not doing it to gain leverage on the Clippers, because the Clippers are going to offer him the max regardless. But, I think the reason he's visiting these teams is because he's well aware of the possibility of Redick and Griffin leaving the Clips.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many good years does CPknee even have left? 1 or 2?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2010-2014, just about everyone and their mother made the claim that LeBron wouldn't ever go back to Cleveland because "they're not a championship organization". Nevertheless, LeBron took that risk (of injury) by signing short deal after short deal and what do you know?...He actually won a title with Cleveland.

Seriously? Lebron went back to Cleveland when he saw how good Kyrie is and because he knew Dan Gilbert would let him be the GM too.

Do you really think CP3 is going to go to Denver and get to run anything? And even if he did, what can he do that gets the Nuggets past the Warriors?

You say I'm the one that I'm the one that doesn't like being disagreed with, yet you're the one on this thread copying and pasting the same post waiting for me to agree with you, and I've given you a different response every time.

This is complete bullshit and you know it. First off, you think way too highly of yourself if you think I give even half a fuck whether you agree with me or not. Second, I haven't copied and pasted a thing. I have presented logical and cogent arguments which you have yet to address. Also, I have refrained from pointing out the hypocrisy in your stance on PG-13 and CP3 while others have not.

Chris Paul knows just as well as LeBron does that barring catastrophic injury, he's going to get his max money anytime and anywhere he becomes a free agent.

Chris Paul also knows just as well as Lebron that he can get the most money staying right where he is and that if he's not going to a team that can win a title (and the Nuggets can't any time soon) he may as well stay where he can get the most money.

It's still quite obvious that the Clippers have the best chance to sign Paul out of any other team this summer, and I get that. But, why would he even bother visiting all these teams if he was only interested in the Clippers' money?

For the exact same reasons Lebron talked to several other teams before he went to Miami and before he returned to Cleveland and every FA should, and normally does, talk to multiple teams. It's called due diligence. Listen to what teams have to offer and what their plan is. Maybe someone unexpectedly comes up with a plan you like better. Not to mention the nice ego feed of having an organization wine and dine you and tell you how awesome you are.

He's not doing it to gain leverage on the Clippers, because the Clippers are going to offer him the max regardless. But, I think the reason he's visiting these teams is because he's well aware of the possibility of Redick and Griffin leaving the Clips.

I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

However, a question that I asked that you have not answered is...Why the hell would he take less money to not win a title in Denver than he can get a lot more not winning a title with the Clippers?

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, a question that I asked that you have not answered is...Why the hell would he take less money to not win a title in Denver than he can get a lot more not winning a title with the Clippers?

So I assume you think he's going to compete for a title in Houston? There was no hypocrisy in PG vs CP3. You know why? Because one is a 2017 FA and the other is not. Chris Paul never bailed on his team while under contract.

All in all, I was not a big fan of Denver's draft night performance. Utah had fleeced the Nuggs for Rudy Gobert a few years ago and they may have just done the same for Donovan Mitchell. Granted, Mitchell might not have been a great fit considering we already have Gary Harris at SG, but I think we still could have gotten more value for him than the two lukewarm power forwards we got.

With the improvements the Lakers, Timberwolves, and a few others made on draft night, Denver may need to make a FA splash (maybe Millsap) just to stay ahead of the pack.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume you think he's going to compete for a title in Houston? There was no hypocrisy in PG vs CP3. You know why? Because one is a 2017 FA and the other is not. Chris Paul never bailed on his team while under contract.

All in all, I was not a big fan of Denver's draft night performance. Utah had fleeced the Nuggs for Rudy Gobert a few years ago and they may have just done the same for Donovan Mitchell. Granted, Mitchell might not have been a great fit considering we already have Gary Harris at SG, but I think we still could have gotten more value for him than the two lukewarm power forwards we got.

With the improvements the Lakers, Timberwolves, and a few others made on draft night, Denver may need to make a FA splash (maybe Millsap) just to stay ahead of the pack.

You are sort of right. Technically CP3 opted in, so he also has 1 more year and was never a FA. He just told the Clips he intended to opt out to back them into a corner.

The Clippers would have been able to get a lot more if he had told them in advance though. PG13 did the Pacers a favor. If they can get the proposed package from the Celtics, it will be a great deal for Them. Clippers got peanuts in comparison because CP3 waited until he had all the leverage.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume you think he's going to compete for a title in Houston?

He has a better chance there than he would in Denver. Or even with the Clips. Also, reports are that Morey isn't done making moves. If that's true, and those moves work out, they may very well compete for a title.

There was no hypocrisy in PG vs CP3. You know why? Because one is a 2017 FA and the other is not. Chris Paul never bailed on his team while under contract.

Neither has Paul George. He simply told the Pacers that he won't re-sign with them next year. All of the trade talk and attempts have been done by the Pacers. George, to my knowledge, hasn't demanded a trade and was perfectly willing to play his final season in Indiana.

I'll tell you where there is hypocrisy though. I have seen Lebron criticized (including by you) for not giving the Cavs and then the Heat a heads up when he knew he was leaving, so that they could prepare for it.

Yet, PG-13 gets criticized for giving the Pacers a heads up about his intentions so that they could prepare for it.

Yeah, I think teams like the Lakers, T-Wolves, Nuggs, Jazz and a few others are all in very similar situations. They all appear to be young, improving teams with good looking futures. It will be interesting to see which of those teams are able to make the right moves (we know it won't be all of them) to take the next step and which one's will be back at the drawing board in a couple of years.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither has Paul George. He simply told the Pacers that he won't re-sign with them next year. All of the trade talk and attempts have been done by the Pacers. George, to my knowledge, hasn't demanded a trade and was perfectly willing to play his final season in Indiana.

I'll tell you where there is hypocrisy though. I have seen Lebron criticized (including by you) for not giving the Cavs and then the Heat a heads up when he knew he was leaving, so that they could prepare for it.

Yet, PG-13 gets criticized for giving the Pacers a heads up about his intentions so that they could prepare for it.

And you're naive enough to believe this? Really the only thing Paul George accomplished with the announcement is cement the fact that 2017 free agents won't be looking to come to Indiana, thus putting our entire organization in a corner.

I never had any problem with players considering all their options once they hit free agency. I think the beef with LeBron and/or Durant is their collusion tactics more than the fact that they signed elsewhere as free agents.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are sort of right. Technically CP3 opted in, so he also has 1 more year and was never a FA. He just told the Clips he intended to opt out to back them into a corner.

The Clippers would have been able to get a lot more if he had told them in advance though. PG13 did the Pacers a favor. If they can get the proposed package from the Celtics, it will be a great deal for Them. Clippers got peanuts in comparison because CP3 waited until he had all the leverage.

And for the record, yesterday I removed that tweet you had told me to. Hope you're happy...I Decided Paul George ain't worth the headache.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're naive enough to believe this? Really the only thing Paul George accomplished with the announcement is cement the fact that 2017 free agents won't be looking to come to Indiana, thus putting our entire organization in a corner.

I never had any problem with players considering all their options once they hit free agency. I think the beef with LeBron and/or Durant is their collusion tactics more than the fact that they signed elsewhere as free agents.

Cmon man.

When was the last time Indiana signed anybody capable of moving the needle? They were not getting a free agent good enough to significantly impact the team. Indiana's blue print to success is via home grown talent. The PG13 era is over, and now it is time for them to start over. George is helping them get a head start on it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a better chance there than he would in Denver. Or even with the Clips. Also, reports are that Morey isn't done making moves. If that's true, and those moves work out, they may very well compete for a title.

Something tells me that Denver was Paul's plan B. The Clippers must have known he was leaving, because Houston did not have the cap space to sign him outright. And if there was a chance of him staying, why would they make a move to help Houston create the necessary cap space? That'd be stupid.

They'll surely be fun to watch, but Houston faces an uphill battle in terms of competing for a title considering that the traded their entire bench outside of EG just to get Paul.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, yesterday I removed that tweet you had told me to. Hope you're happy...I Decided Paul George ain't worth the headache.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but it was a good decision to remove it. At best, a tweet like that is a bad look. At worst it can be a life altering decision.