• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul to meet with Nuggets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its already non-competitive and can't get more non-competitive since LeBitch started the Superteam crap. 4-5 superteams is better than 2 though

KG, Ray Allen and Pierce came before Lebron :scratch: There have been plenty of superteams through out the history of the league. Keep reaching kid

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG, Ray Allen and Pierce came before Lebron :scratch: There have been plenty of superteams through out the history of the league. Keep reaching kid

LeBron/Wade/Bosh was really the first one crated through free agency, though. In that sense, Draymond Green was spot on during his team's championship parade. Were KG and Ray Allen supposed to refuse to report upon being traded to Boston?

Like, seriously?

I get that no one likes Dorian. But the only person it's doing a favor by giving him attention is him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fast fact: The Spurs ranked 27th in the NBA in pace this past season.

In other words, Paul ain't going there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 I could see one day him becoming like Jason Kidd and changing his game late in his career for the good of winning a title. But at this current day and age, Paul still wants to run and gun. And what better place to do that then in the high altitude in Denver?

If the Nuggets were a player or 2 away from catching the Warriors or at least the Spurs, then I would agree. But adding him to the Nuggets makes them a first round playoff exit team (2nd round at best). He can do that staying with the Clips and get paid a helluva lot more money.

He's 32 years old. His window to be a major piece on a contending team is closing rapidly. At this point, he's better off staying with the Clips if he's not going to a contending team, imo.

It wouldn't be the worst move for him to take a short deal (similar to LeBron's) with the Nuggs and then leaving to go chase a title in his final years if Golden State were to weaken by that time. The one catch to that obviously, is that he would be taking a huge risk financially considering if he would blow out his ACL at any instant and lose everything.

The bold is the issue, imo. He's 32 and has had injury issues over the past few seasons. So, I agree, doing a 1 year in Denver would be a huge risk. Plus, he could do that with the Clips and make more money.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nuggets were a player or 2 away from catching the Warriors or at least the Spurs, then I would agree. But adding him to the Nuggets makes them a first round playoff exit team (2nd round at best). He can do that staying with the Clips and get paid a helluva lot more money.

He's 32 years old. His window to be a major piece on a contending team is closing rapidly. At this point, he's better off staying with the Clips if he's not going to a contending team, imo.

The bold is the issue, imo. He's 32 and has had injury issues over the past few seasons. So, I agree, doing a 1 year in Denver would be a huge risk. Plus, he could do that with the Clips and make more money.

But if Griffin leaves, what's the incentive for him to stay with the Clips? I don't want to sould like a blatant Nuggets homer here, bu Paul needs to consider all his options here rather than just quickly taking the money.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CPIII wants rings and has made a quarter of a mil in his career. The deal will get done. Plus Manu will be gone as will Gasoft very soon. That's about 30 mil right there.

He's made a lot more than a quarter mill....:L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Griffin leaves, what's the incentive for him to stay with the Clips? I don't want to sould like a blatant Nuggets homer here, bu Paul needs to consider all his options here rather than just quickly taking the money.

Why would he take less money to not contend for a title in Denver when he can make substantially more to not contend for a title with the Clippers? Either way, he's not contending for a title.

If he's not going to be playing for a contender, he may as well grab all of the money that he can.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he take less money to not contend for a title in Denver when he can make substantially more to not contend for a title with the Clippers? Either way, he's not contending for a title.

If he's not going to be playing for a contender, he may as well grab all of the money that he can.
It's ridiculous to even debate this.

Spurs, maybe Houston if Harden learned to share.

A Denver flirtation would only be for 2 reasons:

1. They had another top guy, or multiple, on the hook.

2. To get his NTC from the Clippers.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its already non-competitive and can't get more non-competitive since LeBitch started the Superteam crap. 4-5 superteams is better than 2 though

Agreed. I think the Super team crap is BS and has ruined the league, but until something is changed to put a stop to this era then might as well root for the Warriors and Cavs to just get more ridiculously stacked and further distance themselves from the rest of the league. Because only then might the rest of the NBA wake up and try and stop these super teams.

So I hope Paul goes to either GS or Cleveland.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The incentive would be that they could add someone better than Griffin. He's a highlight reel, but doens't really contribute to team success as much as you would expect. Empty calories.

Caped Crusader

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, when it's all said and done, I think Chris Paul resigns with the Clippers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron/Wade/Bosh was really the first one crated through free agency, though. In that sense, Draymond Green was spot on during his team's championship parade. Were KG and Ray Allen supposed to refuse to report upon being traded to Boston?

Like, seriously?

I get that no one likes Dorian. But the only person it's doing a favor by giving him attention is him.

I'm not surprised that a simp like you is attaching his wagon to the retarded horse known as Dorian.

Why would CP3 leave the Clippers anyway? The fans have been loyal and provided him hospitality.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fast fact: The Spurs ranked 27th in the NBA in pace this past season.

In other words, Paul ain't going there.

Yeah, the Spurs have never changed their offense in the time Popovich has coached there.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be stupid to return to a hapless roster that may not include Redick or Griffin just for the money. The one upside I see there would be to potentially bring the so-called "Banana Boat Crew" together in a couple seasons with the added abundance of cap space in such a situation, but that's about it.