• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul to meet with Nuggets

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only person that's not surprised by this is me. This is the same organization that almost lured a surefire hall-of-famer last summer in Wade, or at least got him to make multiple meetings with the team.

Plenty of cap space and raw talent here. We just need a starting PG and a little more defense in order to compete with anyone on any given night. Chris Paul provides both.

Ultimately, I don't think Paul ends up signing with the Nuggs, but a short-term deal here with an early opt-out shouldn't be considered out of the question. LeBron made it work with the Cavs since he left Miami in 2014.

Chris Paul "has plans to talk with the Denver Nuggets"

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only person that's not surprised by this is me. This is the same organization that almost lured a surefire hall-of-famer last summer in Wade, or at least got him to make multiple meetings with the team.

Plenty of cap space and raw talent here. We just need a starting PG and a little more defense in order to compete with anyone on any given night. Chris Paul provides both.

Ultimately, I don't think Paul ends up signing with the Nuggs, but a short-term deal here with an early opt-out shouldn't be considered out of the question. LeBron made it work with the Cavs since he left Miami in 2014.

I don't think cp3 comes to denver, especially if he wants a ring but having mudiay sit and learn from a certified superstar would do wonders for him.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I figured for Paul it was Spurs or bust. Be interesting to see if they chooses to throw away a good chance of winning and goes to Denver.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the rumor.

Unless they are trading for Lebron, I don't believe it.

Chris is angling for a no trade clause.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I figured for Paul it was Spurs or bust. Be interesting to see if they chooses to throw away a good chance of winning and goes to Denver.

I don't think the Spurs can pay him anything close to what Denver can. This could be an alternative way for him to get paid and play for someone besides the Clippers.

Still though, smart money has this as a two horse race right now. Will be interesting to watch as we get closer to July.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless he wants to be Steph's backup in GS, he probably ain't winning a title anyway.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be surprised if Paul signs with Denver.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the rumor.

Unless they are trading for Lebron, I don't believe it.

Chris is angling for a no trade clause.
LeBron would look good in a Clippers uniform but even better in a Mavs uniform... :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he wants to be Steph's backup in GS, he probably ain't winning a title anyway.

Not sure I agree with this. The Spurs, as currently constructed, are a legit threat to the Warriors because of their defense and Pop.

Add CP3 to the mix and they become a serious threat.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. The Spurs, as currently constructed, are a legit threat to the Warriors because of their defense and Pop.

Add CP3 to the mix and they become a serious threat.

He really doesn't fit their culture though, one reason is they'll have to gut their roster, even moreso than they did for Aldridge, just to add Paul.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn't fit their culture though, one reason is they'll have to gut their roster, even moreso than they did for Aldridge, just to add Paul.

CPIII wants rings and has made a quarter of a mil in his career. The deal will get done. Plus Manu will be gone as will Gasoft very soon. That's about 30 mil right there.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is this guy doing? Hes getting towards the twilight of his career Go to a contender dumbass

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is this guy doing? Hes getting towards the twilight of his career Go to a contender dumbass

Finally a correct idea from this mope, even if he still couldn't help himself with the cursing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying you want the league to be more "non-competitive". LOL

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying you want the league to be more "non-competitive". LOL

Its already non-competitive and can't get more non-competitive since LeBitch started the Superteam crap. 4-5 superteams is better than 2 though

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't going anywhere. I doubt he will say fuck dropping an extra $70million.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they have to gut their roster...it's not worth it. If they can find a way to add him without losing too much, then I think they should do it.

I think he'd be fine in their culture because he's not really a score first PG and plays defense.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have to gut their roster...it's not worth it. If they can find a way to add him without losing too much, then I think they should do it.

I think he'd be fine in their culture because he's not really a score first PG and plays defense.

Any team that has Chris Paul is a run-and-gun team. Are the Spurs that? I just don't know.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 I could see one day him becoming like Jason Kidd and changing his game late in his career for the good of winning a title. But at this current day and age, Paul still wants to run and gun. And what better place to do that then in the high altitude in Denver?

It wouldn't be the worst move for him to take a short deal (similar to LeBron's) with the Nuggs and then leaving to go chase a title in his final years if Golden State were to weaken by that time. The one catch to that obviously, is that he would be taking a huge risk financially considering if he would blow out his ACL at any instant and lose everything.