• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris McCallister

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY

I can't believe some of you........

These guys get paid a rediculous amount of money to play a fucking game and they should be helped to manage their money so they have some left when they retire.

UN FUCKING REAL

Rep sent

Yet these are the idiots that keep making the league look bad about not taking care of their former players. You don't hear media talking about how the people took care of their money are doing well afterwards. All you ever do is here the negative.

This is not necessarily a way to slap responsible people on the wrist to save the idiots. The guys that are goign to take care of their money, will have invested and done things right with the 75% they get during their careers, and the additional 25% is added bonus for afterwards. It is no skin off their backs.

For the idiots, it keeps them from over spending until they go broke (like most idiots lottery winners). It also keeps the league from having publicity issues on former players not being taken care of, getting trouble later on to make up for their lack of cash, ect. It is more a long term league publicity (by getting no bad publicity in this area) and protecting the idiots. The guys that are smart and responsible, it will not matter as much to them anyways, because they were not going to blow through that whole load anyways.

It was just a thought. Shesh. Some really over react no doubt.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet these are the idiots that keep making the league look bad about not taking care of their former players. You don't hear media talking about how the people took care of their money are doing well afterwards. All you ever do is here the negative.

This is not necessarily a way to slap responsible people on the wrist to save the idiots. The guys that are goign to take care of their money, will have invested and done things right with the 75% they get during their careers, and the additional 25% is added bonus for afterwards. It is no skin off their backs.

For the idiots, it keeps them from over spending until they go broke (like most idiots lottery winners). It also keeps the league from having publicity issues on former players not being taken care of, getting trouble later on to make up for their lack of cash, ect. It is more a long term league publicity (by getting no bad publicity in this area) and protecting the idiots. The guys that are smart and responsible, it will not matter as much to them anyways, because they were not going to blow through that whole load anyways.

It was just a thought. Shesh. Some really over react no doubt.

I don't see how this makes the league look bad at all. It makes the players look like complete retards, not the league which made them millions. Sure I over reacted but I'm tired of there always being an excuse/solution for everything. Sometimes we just need to say, that guy is a complete dipshit.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the league should have to do anything to support morons. If I won the lottery, like $300 million. The government, or lottery commission doesn't give me 75%, and set aside some just in case I waste it too fast. If these tools aren't bright enough to save, then fuck them. They deserve to live like bums. Fuck them.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel a bit sorry for these irresponsible fucks......I work about 80 hours a week in my business to just make ends meet....these guys get it dropped in their laps and fuck 'em if they're too stupid to hold on to it.......

Absolutely! It's not that goddamn hard to come up some semblence of a budget. Set aside a bit for bling and maybe only have 1 tricked out Escalade instead of 3. A lot of these kids are doomed to fail cause they're so preoccupied with "livin' the life", they forget about the rest of their lives beyond their 20's. There's this thing called a bank. Use it. Otherwise join the rest of the world and get a real day job

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the league should have to do anything to support morons. If I won the lottery, like $300 million. The government, or lottery commission doesn't give me 75%, and set aside some just in case I waste it too fast. If these tools aren't bright enough to save, then fuck them. They deserve to live like bums. Fuck them.

+1

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't suggest people shouldn't take self responsibility for their lives, I agree with that statement (afterall, I am responsible for how my life comes out, why shouldn't they be?). Just a suggestion to curb this type of thing from happening on a regular basis in pro sports.

Difference is...I make a poor mans salary, taking 25% of what I earn, would kill me and my family. Taking 25% of his earnings now for later in his life doesn't even warrant a second glance. As it is still so much money, it makes no difference.

Like I said, it was a suggestion, it would never happen, but it was something to consider for a minute. That minute is over, we can move on now.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I lose my job and go broke, my former employer isn't going to give a shit about me and I don't even make a fraction of what these guys make. These guys are all college educated. If they're not bright enough to look after their own future then that's their own problem because they had every opportunity in the world to do so thrown in their face.

Here's a suggestion to all professional athletes or anybody with a small fortune - wrap it up, invest into annuities, and for fuck's sake, quit surrounding yourself with a bunch of moochers so you can look cool with a posse. They'll hang out with you until the moment you make it hail with pennies instead of making it rain with 100's.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god...Crash kept on goin, didn't he? REdiculous.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Bengal fans!!!!!
images
GO BENGALS!!!!! :)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players making the minimum and up to 1 million a year should have 20% of their salary directly deposited into their 401k, they don't even have to pay taxes on it until they draw it out.

Players that sign big contracts with guaranteed money should have the money spread out over time.

a 5 year 10 million dollar contract should be like:

year 1-5: 1 million (enough to live on, ya think?) 200,000K should be put in 401k, so they don't have to pay taxes on it until they draw it out.
year 6-55: 100,000$ (not bad, inflation will beat it down, but they will have the 401k to offset this, and many will get a high school coaching job or something, the money would be invested at first, and would draw gains, even if simply invested in low risk bonds)

The NFL should just put the damn money management right into their contracts. The freaking union should demand it.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, that's the other thing. I don't think the union would EVER go for that, so if the damn union doesn't care about these idiots after they're done playing, why the fuck should I? They get counseling before their rookie season. They also have agents, and publicists, and advisers, and other people the surround themselves with.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half you people are fucking bonkers.

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to the Ravens website McCallister is saying he didn't interview w/ TMZ and is not broke. Just bought a new Condo even. I wonder which side is telling the truth?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that TMZ actually obtained court documents in the child support case, not interviewed him. I wonder if the "broke" claim is an attempt to avoid or reduce the support payments? Where did you see this on the Ravens website? I can't find it.

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read that TMZ actually obtained court documents in the child support case, not interviewed him. I wonder if the "broke" claim is an attempt to avoid or reduce the support payments? Where did you see this on the Ravens website? I can't find it.

In today's "Late For Work" it was mentioned like wayyyy at the bottom as a twitter post from a reporter (I assume). It was very short (since it was a tweet) so not sure on all the details.