• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Rumors

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation on different sites Chip Kelly is on thin ice in Philly and might be trying to get out of his contract.

I'm not gonna lie, Fangio would be my first choice, but if Kelly becomes available I would jump on it if Fangio would be willing to stay as DC with a big raise. I would think hard about it if Fangio says he would leave, but I would still be leaning to Chip Kelly if he would come to SF.

Is there anyone else a better fit for Kap?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly would be awesome for our O. We wouldnt get delay of games anymore with the fast paced O. But the bad thing about the fast O if you have a 3 & out and cant move the a lot you will kill your D. Also Chip Kelly is always in the QBs ear cuz they are set so fast so he helps the QB read the D and see where the blitz is coming from. That would help Kaep out a lot if Chip could help him read the D. I think the mic to the QB doesnt shutoff until there is 15 seconds on the play clock. If we also landed Chip maybe that could help us get Maclin in the offseason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
have no problem with Chip Kelly but do we have the personnel he wants? if not, can most fans wait a year or two for good results?

what style of linemen does he need, mobile, power blocking, pass blocking?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have no problem with Chip Kelly but do we have the personnel he wants? if not, can most fans wait a year or two for good results?

what style of linemen does he need, mobile, power blocking, pass blocking?

For our personnel matching Kelly, I'd say sorta. Kelly wants mobile lineman to spread teams out and to get out there hitting the second level our secondary on screens. From all the trapping etc we do or used to do, I think our lineman fit that, but Kelly likes guys who are better pass blockers than what our guys are so I think he'll be happy with our line, but look to retool.

Carlos Hyde played in the zone read style at Ohio State and with Kap and Hyde he's got the backfield he would be looking for. Kendall Hunter would also be a fit. Gore unfortunately doesn't have the speed or burst Kelly likes.

At TE Vernon Davis 2013 would seem to be dream guy for Kelly, 2014 VD I dunno. Depends on whether 2014 was a bad year or the beginning of a decline for VD.

Wide receiver would be the real question mark. Boldin and Crab don't fit, but he could use one of them (Boldin), to be his possession guy. Quinton Patton and Ellington would be the quicker shiftier guys that give Kelly options so those guys would fit with Boldin. It's not the ideal Kelly WR group, but workable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thought but I have to wonder if he would even be available before the final coaching decision is made, assuming the rumors are true.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch any idea of Kelly to SF. He's now got pretty much control over the Philly organization.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,785.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update (6:45 p.m.): Everything's fine! Kelly and Roseman both get promotions and stay in Philly:

Howie Roseman will be elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations and will continue directing contract negotiations, salary cap management and NFL strategic matters, while overseeing the team's medical staff, equipment staff and more.

Head coach Chip Kelly will now oversee the player personnel department. He will also lead efforts to hire a new personnel executive – a process that will begin immediately.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Kelly leaves. I just don't see it. If some how he did he wouldn't be a bad option but I think our D wouldn't like him.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chip Kelly now calling the shots, the Eagles draft is going to be very interesting!