• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs @ MLS Stadium

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be pretty weird.

Is this the week we see Ehinger active with Morse out?

was gonna go to see this game(since Carson's a stone's throw from where i stay in Torrance), but already picked up tix for the Lakers game at the end of the month...

ah well, next season...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Philip Rivers was terrible.

Chiefs made a ton of mistakes but Rivers pulled a full Fitzpatrick. Seeing Alex Smith throw the ball out of bounds when Hill had his man beat is all you need to know about who will be QB next year.

Hunt in the 4th quarter is paying off every game. The announcer said Holy Toledo after his big run. He was probably sitting on that all game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Philip Rivers was terrible.

Chiefs made a ton of mistakes but Rivers pulled a full Fitzpatrick. Seeing Alex Smith throw the ball out of bounds when Hill had his man beat is all you need to know about who will be QB next year.

Hunt in the 4th quarter is paying off every game. The announcer said Holy Toledo after his big run. He was probably sitting on that all game.

not sure if Hill's the next big thing or not, but all indications are certainly pointing that way...

Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles, and now Kareem Hunt. if only we hit on QB's like we did RB's...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if Hill's the next big thing or not, but all indications are certainly pointing that way...

Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles, and now Kareem Hunt. if only we hit on QB's like we did RB's...
I think you're missing a running back in between Holmes and Charles but thats understandable.

Other thoughts from the game:

-The defense really carried the team
-Teams are still targeting Mitchell but it seems like Mitchell is pretty good in most situations
-Chiefs seem to be okay with having guys like Gaines, West and Zombo doing important things, still. West almost had a huge turnover but jumped on his own fumble. Zombo had a coverage penalty but that type of thing wasnt too huge.
-Penalties are holding the team back. The Chiefs dont have to be boy scouts but fewer flags would go a long way.
-The sacks were about 20% oline getting beat and 80% Alex Smith....being a game manager and autosacking himself. Ingram and Bosa do deserve some credit, though.
-Why have a game manager in the first place if you do a Punt fake on your own side of the field? The punt fake was one of the worst coaching decisions Ive seen in awhile.
-Justin Houston had a great game as far as I could tell even if it might not have shown up much.
-Chiefs run defense looked improved in the 2nd half. They missed one or two tackles because Melvin Gordon's backup is a midget but solid as a whole.
-I figured this would be a big game for Kelce with how the Broncos abused the Chargers up the middle but I guess the Chiefs wanted him blocking most of the game.
-There was a bad snap from center that totally ruined the timing of play.
-Marcus Peters almost got kicked out and almost got knocked out. He is too important to have that happen all of the time so maybe this will be a learning experience.

Chiefs continue to own the Chargers. Chargers continue to underperform.