• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs @ Eagles rootin' for 8-8 thread 9/19/'13

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City has a great formula here. They are going to be a real force this year with that defense.

Well they have our old QB that takes care of the ball and puts the offense in a situation to at least gain positive yards on the majority of the plays. They also have a young and hungry defense with plenty of playmakers.

It's like the 49ers from the previous 2 years just moved to KC. They pretty much do everything and win the same way we had been since Harbaugh joined.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith still doesn't make big mistakes but I still think the 49ers made the correct decision going with Kapernick; time will tell.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time already came. We made it to the Superbowl. We don't make superbowl with Alex Smith as our Starter. He would lost either the GB game or Atlanta game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time already came. We made it to the Superbowl. We don't make superbowl with Alex Smith as our Starter. He would lost either the GB game or Atlanta game.

I would not underestimate Harbaugh with a gameplan built for Smith in the Falcons game - we might not have been down 17-0 if we controlled the clock, checked down more, etc. But that's really Harbaugh and Roman and a question on Matt Ryan. Not an endorsement of Smith. Again, not saying Smith would come back from down 17-0, just that we might not have been there with a different game plan. Heck, if the game were started five minutes after it did, we might not have been down that much. Some QBs or coaches I would count out, not Harbaugh/Roman.

Also, as much as Smith could have done better in the NFCC game against the Giants in 2011, we should have gone there with him, if not for the punt returner. Give the credit to the defense, running team, coaching, and kicking team if you must, but we would have made it with Smith. True, another first down would have done it, too and that's on Smith as well as the rest of the team. But we would have gotten there. We might have even beaten a Patriots team who no longer can see what we've practiced.

But yes, the time already came. I come to your conclusion not based on Kaepernick getting to the Super Bowl, but how good Kaepernick was then, is now, and will be. I don't think there's an argument that Smith was, is, or will be better than Kaepernick. It wasn't a question after Kaepernick showed what he did. It wasn't a question before to many. I don't know why people bring this up - even after a bad loss. I just don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5......5 more w's and the pick for Alex goes to a #2. The sched does look manageable, that they can probably get 5 more W's, but it's not a given

yep not a given, but their chances are all of sudden much better. but lets get eight wins exactly, no more. :-)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get our hands on Bowe. He'll be underutilized with Alex.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
at the moment, think we "need to get our hands on Poe"?

That's what I was saying in April 2012 (I thought he was one of the 4 best players in the entire draft), and Clyde laughed at me. :bawling:

By the way, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Eric Berry if I were Baalke. Dude is a baller. Best FS in the NFL???

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get our hands on Bowe. He'll be underutilized with Alex.

You're just looking out for Bowe's future altruistically, right? It'd be a shame for him to feel unwanted. ;)

Trade LMJ and McCoy for Bowe and Bray - Kansas City likes to make uneven trades and Alex loves his RBs in space. Just kidding.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I was saying in April 2012 (I thought he was one of the 4 best players in the entire draft), and Clyde laughed at me. :bawling:

By the way, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Eric Berry if I were Baalke. Dude is a baller. Best FS in the NFL???

yes, you were promoting Poe.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now now... Eric Reid is showing some real promise... give it time...

Poe was #11 overall... tough way to go that high... but apparently since we've struck out on nearly the enitre draft, lol, might as well overpay to move that high.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now now... Eric Reid is showing some real promise... give it time...

Poe was #11 overall... tough way to go that high... but apparently since we've struck out on nearly the enitre draft, lol, might as well overpay to move that high.

I would imagine the two Eric's could play next to each other. Both seem to be quite versatile. I trust you aren't married to the idea of Donte Whitner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm starting to think I should've been rooting for the Eagles last week.

Looks like the 2nd round pick is pretty much in the bag. Thank you Chiefs! :)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think I should've been rooting for the Eagles last week.

Looks like the 2nd round pick is pretty much in the bag. Thank you Chiefs! :)

I was thinking the same thing......a second round pick we package with other picks to move up late in the 1st round and pick a 5th round WR. :)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like it may be time to start rooting against the Chiefs....