• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Chris Jones might akip the season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can learn from Bell, and the Chiefs should learn from the Steelers.

Trade him if the contract can't be negotiated. Le'Veon Bell contract saga with the Steelers revolved around bad-faith negotiations. Steelers made offers but Bell kept upping the ante every time. He claimed it was the overall value, then he claimed it was the length, then he claimed it was the guarantees. He could never keep his word straight about any of it. Steelers were desperate enough (wanting to retain him) to keep trying instead of trading him. They could have gotten so much more than a 2020 compensatory 3rd rd pick had they chosen to move him while they could.

Players wanting to sit out a year to prove a point are only hurting themselves in the long run. Losing $16m tag is just the start. Bell lost quite a bit more in overall contract value, but gained more guaranteed money over a 2 yr window. Still going to be a considerable deficit when you measure up what he could have made with the Steelers.

Yeah, the difference off the top from Bell is he was trying to reset the RB market...I'm not sure how much more PIT would've gotten from a team facing that salary demand.

Jones imo is worth more because he's younger, but as a player...I don't see him being any better than Heyward...$20 mil per is not realistic at all for this guy.

The other part of this is we know PIT offered Bell long term deals and it was never enough...I'm not sure if KC is put a long term deal on the table.

One thing I do know...Jones should sign the tag and play for the $16 mil...he's never going to get that money back if he sits out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the funniest thing about the Bell situation was that most of us amateur fans called it and could see it coming while a few idiots and the media were gushing over it. Some see the outcome and still don't understand it.

Bell put on a good front in the face of it, and he's done well ($27 mil cashed if they play this season), but he knows the move to sit out was a failure.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see these divas trying to get the season cancelled so teams like the Seahawks don't take advantage of a teamwork-oriented type of year. This isn't a playmaker-centric team's year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Probably should just trade him to a cap rich team, tbh. No shame in getting Bucker’s value + if it’s out there in a cap nuked environment.

It'd be a tough loss since him destroying Mike Pearson and making him retire was a big reason the Chiefs won the SB and was a big factor in their playoff push in general but with the Mahomes' contract looming he's going to be too expensive along with the fact cheaper draft picks are going to be even more valuable so landing an extra 1st rounder that you have locked up for at least 4 years is huge.