• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby knight just tweeted......make sure indians have there game faces on

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. There's also the possibility that he could hit.

He's another example of how "king shit" prospects sometimes shit the bed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's garbage, I'm just saying that he's nowhere what people thought he'd be when he was a prospect.

For every Mike Trout, there're dozens of A1 prospects that flame out.
When wore a Cardinals jersey he wore out the Cubs with his bat. He's been a top notch fielder the entire season but he's not contributed much on offense. It should be a fun series. I love both teams. I grew up a Cubs fan and have rooted for them for fifty years even though I show a Milwaukee Brewers logo on my favorites. I still love watching Bob Uecker in Major League. I'm still pissed Jonathan Lucroy didn't go to the Indians and chose the Rangers. I read his reasoning but it sure as hell didn't work out for him. Enjoy the series, we may not get another chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt that fact that Jon Lester cant throw to first like the weirdest thing?

hopefully the Tribe can get enough guys on base to take advantage of this "quirk". what a nut-job though. like- its not that he doesnt "like" to throw to first- its basically that he CANT.

with all the Indians speed and ability to bunt and handle the bat- guys like Rajai and Coco and Naquin, etc....i hope they really make Lester work.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slink, just put down 500 V's on Kluber and a smaller portion on the under.

Don't disappoint me...

I'll rub my lucky hat extra hard during the game for you, buddy.

and when I say "my lucky hat" I mean my penis.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hopefully the Tribe can get enough guys on base to take advantage of this "quirk". what a nut-job though. like- its not that he doesnt "like" to throw to first- its basically that he CANT.

with all the Indians speed and ability to bunt and handle the bat- guys like Rajai and Coco and Naquin, etc....i hope they really make Lester work.
I can't make sense of it what so ever. It's a purely mental thing. The runners get such a big lead off him that if he could just step off the rubber and make any throw he'd pick those guys off. It's completely mystifying how they can't work with him to correct it. The coaches should be kicked right in the nuts for not being able to figure it out. Hypnotize the fucker if you have to. Good God it's the major league baseball.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Indians ranked 4th in MLB (1st in AL) in stolen bases and 2nd in MLB in SB%.

Jon Lester ranked 3rd worst in MLB in SB against. The flip side of that is that he's 1st in caught stealing against, though I think that's a function of people going after him a lot.

While all this talk about Lester's inability to hold baserunners and Cleveland's ability to steal bases is fun, ultimately what we need to remember is the old saying, you can't steal first. Indians are going to have to get on base. Jon Lester ranked 5th in baseball in OBP against.

I wish the fucking game would start already.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my old roommates had a puppy and the puppy couldn't turn left. If she had to go left to get to you she would turn right and go around in circles to get to you...that's what I think of Lester for the fact he can't throw to first :laugh3:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my old roommates had a puppy and the puppy couldn't turn left. If she had to go left to get to you she would turn right and go around in circles to get to you...that's what I think of Lester for the fact he can't throw to first :laugh3:
kind of like derek zoolander? lol.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lonnie-chisenhall-and-jason-kipnis-danced-to-ymca.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point people don't talk about much with Lester is that teams hit like .064 vs him this year with runners in scoring position and 2 outs. So even if you get guys on and they do manage to steal you better get them on early in the inning and they better be moving right away because of you wait too long it's not going to matter

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I detest the Cubs, it would be nice to see their long suffering fans be rewarded with a WS victory

then they can all go to hell :suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me like the Cubs have been able to work around it though... Cubs catchers have done a pretty good job throwing out base stealers in Lester's starts (32% compared to a league average of 27%; Lester's highest since 2011). There also hasn't been too many opportunities for them to do so either... he had the 3rd best WHIP in the NL (1.02).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point people don't talk about much with Lester is that teams hit like .064 vs him this year with runners in scoring position and 2 outs. So even if you get guys on and they do manage to steal you better get them on early in the inning and they better be moving right away because of you wait too long it's not going to matter

You're talking about a sample size of 62 ABs. I wouldn't get overly excited about that stat.

The thrust is that Lester is a great pitcher, and even if the Indians can run on him, they're going to first have to get on base and second be able to drive those runners in, and that's absolutely valid.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Jake going tonight. Francona is going to run on lester and I hate for that tone to be set. Schwarber is going to give the club a spark, just by being there. Strong pinch hitting the middle games.

Fuck Joe West, which game is this ass hat going to be behind the plate?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I detest the Cubs, it would be nice to see their long suffering fans be rewarded with a WS victory

then they can all go to hell :suds:

Well if another college kid tells this old fuck how surreal this is and how they suffered too long, I believe I will be punching them in the throat.