• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Chargers (10-3) @ Chiefs (11-2) on FOX/NFLN 8:20 ET

Who Wins?

• Chiefs

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Chargers

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Potato Salad and Texas Toast, Courtesy of the Patriots and Texans

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Chiefs narrative, I think we need to give a little credit where it is due. Still a long way to go but the Chargers look like a different team then in years past. Anthony Lind really seems to have a good relationship with those players. Rivers looks hungry to get the "yeah but" tag off of him. That throw on 4th & 8 to Travis Benjamin was one of the nicest passes I've seen. They came back with their 2 best weapons sidelined, yet the guys behind them came up big. And that defense is legit. They gave up 28 pts but stepped up and made stops in crunch time. I know it's way too early to crown anybody but they are as good as KC and appear to be better than anyone else in the AFC. Tough couple games coming up for them. The WC 5 seed is a tough road though but these guys are playing like a team eyeing the big prize. They will be a tough out in the play-offs for sure. If they can overtake the Chiefs, they are in great shape.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is that the Chefs couldn't win a home game in Decemberrrr, with cold, wind and rain against the Freaking CHARGERS!.....who play in SoCal. LMAO!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Teams don't get to earn the 'dominant defense' label until they make the Super Bowl in this day and age. But there are good defenses out there.

With the rules as they are now...what JAX did LY is pretty much dominant.

Good DEF typically travels...and if you haven't seen my previous rants on this topic...it's been directed more towards the contenders. I'll give you CHI especially @ Soldier Field in JAN, and BAL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rules as they are now...what JAX did LY is pretty much dominant.

Good DEF typically travels...and if you haven't seen my previous rants on this topic...it's been directed more towards the contenders. I'll give you CHI especially @ Soldier Field in JAN, and BAL.
Yeah, many of the contenders are flawed defensively but is that really all that different than normal? Lots of good offenses make the playoffs and lots of good offenses lose in the playoffs.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really weird to see some threads like 'the Chiefs need Kareem Hunt' and 'Mahomes is going to get killed out there' at the same time people are talking about how there isn't any defense.

If there were no good defenses then why is Mahomes getting chased around like he is covered in bacon?

Because he doesn't read the defense all that well and that causes him to hold onto the ball too long.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, many of the contenders are flawed defensively but is that really all that different than normal? Lots of good offenses make the playoffs and lots of good offenses lose in the playoffs.

Good point there...maybe it's me, but I feel like there were more complete teams in years past. LY, PHI had a stout DEF and a pretty good OFC. MIN, same thing.

This year, aside from CHI and BAL which I think are legit contenders but it will take better OFC production for them play in the SB...all the top contenders can score, but they will have trouble stopping the other team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point there...maybe it's me, but I feel like there were more complete teams in years past. LY, PHI had a stout DEF and a pretty good OFC. MIN, same thing.

This year, aside from CHI and BAL which I think are legit contenders but it will take better OFC production for them play in the SB...all the top contenders can score, but they will have trouble stopping the other team.
Philly and Min were complete teams until you saw Nick Foles and Case Keenum.

I think the teams playing this year are way better than the ones last year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly and Min were complete teams until you saw Nick Foles and Case Keenum.

I think the teams playing this year are way better than the ones last year.
People strongly underestimate variance, and weird alignments like Keenum mitigating an awful OL because he can do well in PA and outside the pocket.

People talk about the brain-drain in Philly, are we suuuuuure about that? Really, really sure? Or were they just good at a bunch of noisy stuff and regressed the following year + injuries. Just thinking out loud as I am already seeing the 1+x≠2, so it must be the coach preventing x =ing 1 type logic.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not after you lose to Seattle....

yep, i think chiefs kingdom will be in full panic mode if they lose in seattle next weekend. chinks in the armor starting to show after starting out 9-1.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not- silly goose. Been a fan of this team too long.

I guess I scanned the thread to quickly just now, could of sworn I read confidence.

Myself, I was just sitting there watching the game last night, not rushing to post here every 2 seconds.... I don't get how so many do just that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I scanned the thread to quickly just now, could of sworn I read confidence.

Myself, I was just sitting there watching the game last night, not rushing to post here every 2 seconds.... I don't get how so many do just that.
I have a self-assured demeanor, so that would be an easy conflation. I sometimes say I feel good about the game in that I feel good about a 70% chance to win. Unless it's a truly garbage team, I try to keel back on outright arrogance.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're inviting a tie which could only help the Chiefs. You get one drive, maybe 2 with these OT rules.

May as well control what you control, and go for 2 against what you know is a bad Chiefs D; with no Berry in the 2nd half as he was on a pitchcount.

By electing to go to OT, you're essentially saying you're OK giving the best offense, ST's, and a big-ass legged kicker the ball in an OT that is potentially sudden-death. That's fucking crazy to me.

Gotta believe you can get it done... 1 play can go sour real quick, Chargers rolled the dice and it paid off, but it's a risky thing... I"m not a fan of it personally, and if they do that in the playoffs in a close game and they lose it's gonna be painful ...