• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Chargers (10-3) @ Chiefs (11-2) on FOX/NFLN 8:20 ET

Who Wins?

• Chiefs

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Chargers

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Potato Salad and Texas Toast, Courtesy of the Patriots and Texans

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite some #QuestionableCalls™ from the Refs, last night was a really good Thursday nighter. It broke pretty much how I imagined: Chargers had trouble containing the Chiefs offense initially, but tightened up when they needed and got some timely stops that kept this from being a runaway. Then they were able to convert late in the game.

San Die-uh, the Chargers, have a top ten offense AND a top ten defense. They trailed by 2 scores for most of this game. Rest of the AFC better watch out

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion. Fair.

I think BAL/CHI have a good DEF, but not dominant...and the ones you mentioned that are not currently in the dance...not sure if they are really that good. JAX had a great season LY.
Eh. Teams don't get to earn the 'dominant defense' label until they make the Super Bowl in this day and age. But there are good defenses out there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really weird to see some threads like 'the Chiefs need Kareem Hunt' and 'Mahomes is going to get killed out there' at the same time people are talking about how there isn't any defense.

If there were no good defenses then why is Mahomes getting chased around like he is covered in bacon?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs need to draft all the DB's next year. To generate that much passrush and get absolutely dick out of it is obscene. If they do indeed fail to win the SB, it'll be squarely on the secondary and ILB's for squandering a golden opportunity.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs need to draft all the DB's next year. To generate that much passrush and get absolutely dick out of it is obscene. If they do indeed fail to win the SB, it'll be squarely on the secondary and ILB's for squandering a golden opportunity.
Probably. Its a strong defensive draft next year so odds are the first Chiefs pick will be on defense and probably a CB.

I wouldn't be shocked to see an olineman mixed in near the top.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Its a strong defensive draft next year so odds are the first Chiefs pick will be on defense and probably a CB.

I wouldn't be shocked to see an olineman mixed in near the top.
I get the feeling they're cheaping out seeing the Reiter and Erving extensions. May even do nothing. They know they need to throw a ton of money at the problem at D (besides mega-extensions to Hill and Jones) to get this corrected.

Fisher: Already paid, not going to be cut
Erving: Extended in preseason
Reiter: Just extended; Morse is a FA
LDT: Already paid, not going to be cut
Schwartz: Man needs a payraise if anything (please dont holdout)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling they're cheaping out seeing the Reiter and Erving extensions. May even do nothing. They know they need to throw a ton of money at the problem at D (besides mega-extensions to Hill and Jones) to get this corrected.

Fisher: Already paid, not going to be cut
Erving: Extended in preseason
Reiter: Just extended; Morse is a FA
LDT: Already paid, not going to be cut
Schwartz: Man needs a payraise if anything (please dont holdout)
That C/LG area could use some competition.

The Chiefs also spent literally the whole draft last year on defense and their 2nd biggest FA signing was to stop the run. At some point you have to fire your defensive coordinator.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That C/LG area could use some competition.

The Chiefs also spent literally the whole draft last year on defense and their 2nd biggest FA signing was to stop the run. At some point you have to fire your defensive coordinator.
Well, yeah, Eric Berry spent half the game doing dumb stuff like this:

At some point, when your best defensive coach is the fucking safety, there's a problem. There's also the obvious fact that the safety without Berry is woefully undermanned, and they continue to trot out Ron Parker for the dumbest possible reasons at this point which just serves to troll me wondering why isn't Lucas on the field.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are probably in trouble now. I don't see them beating Seattle with the way their offense is starting to look pretty plain.

If teams can just contain Tyreek and Kelce, it's pretty easy to get pressure on Mahomes and shut them down.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs fans are bigger dumbfucks than Cubs fans

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So KC has been involved in two of the best games of the season. Maybe the two best.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are probably in trouble now. I don't see them beating Seattle with the way their offense is starting to look pretty plain.

If teams can just contain Tyreek and Kelce, it's pretty easy to get pressure on Mahomes and shut them down.
They scored touchdowns on 50% of their drives last night and you want to make this about the offense, are you serious? Like dude... Teams would kill to be able to do that.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored touchdowns on 50% of their drives last night and you want to make this about the offense, are you serious? Like dude... Teams would kill to be able to do that.

And with four minutes left and all they needed to do was get a first down or two, they couldn't gain a yard, went three-and-out and gave the ball right back to a Chargers offense that was getting into rhythm. Like dude ....

If you cant see that the Chiefs offense is not the same the last couple of weeks with all of the pieces missing then you are blind from Mahomerism

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with four minutes left and all they needed to do was get a first down or two, they couldn't gain a yard, went three-and-out and gave the ball right back to a Chargers offense that was getting into rhythm. Like dude ....

If you cant see that the Chiefs offense is not the same the last couple of weeks with all of the pieces missing then you are blind from Mahomerism
I am going to side with the offense that scored 3.5 points per drive against a pretty solid defense over your confirmation bias, tbh. Did they score like every drive like we have seen a couple times this year? No. Does Watkins help? Maybe, probably. If the first thing that comes to mind is the offense from this game, I think you're at least a little crazy. It's like if an OU fan blames their offense for their D being awful.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, even Denver could beat the Chargers! Just as I thought another overrated Chefs team that blows their wad during the regular season and then gets butt-slammed when it counts. Great Defense in the final 7-8 minutes last night btw....