• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Channing Frye

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the consensus here on Channing Frye?

After reading a lot of articles/forums and listening to a lot of radio shows, I've come to the realization that lots of Suns fans love Channing Frye. Personally, I don't like him very much. His 3 point shooting is great and provides amazing spacing for the offense, but his lack of toughness infuriates me. His defense is pathetic and he constantly gets beaten for rebounds. I really don't care if he comes back to the Suns or not, but there are fans who seem to think that it would be horrible to lose him.

What are your thoughts?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a product of our system. He is way overpaid for what he does and it has actually translated into less three pointers than even a few years ago. He has little to no fundamentals as a big man and can't rebound to save his life. The guy would be a bench player for most teams.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting pretty much disappeared in the last 2 months of the season (when the team needed it the most).

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's limited, but he helps the system work better. With the Suns' lack of shooting among their true centers (Plumlee and Len), and with two point guards who both need space to penetrate, you can't have enough 'stretch fours.'

Eventually, the Morris twins figure to render Frye expendable, but for now, I'd keep him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will miss him when (if) he's gone, I think he's kind of taken for granted. I would love to bring him back at a reasonable price on a 2 year deal or something. He fits our offense perfectly... and he's a vet that's been apart of the Suns teams dating back to the Nash days.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His opting out was a forgone conclusion. He will likely be resigned with something like 3yr/$15 mil deal. There is interest from both parties. The Suns will likely wait till after the draft to see what falls to them before they get a deal done. What I want to know is if some other team does a "Dansby" & overpays for Frye's talent, will they do the smart thing & let him walk? There are a few teams interested in Frye at the moment.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Suns need to make a serious play for both James and Anthony. They would be doing the fans an injustice to just assume they had no chance (despite there being every reason for an elite player to want to come here right now).

If Frye is asking for too much in the grand scheme of things, he's expendable. Be nice to have him back, but not for 6.8 million a year (heard that the other day is what he wants).