• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chances of Zajac , Larsson and Tallinder back by the playoffs?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit I dont follow injuries too much..unless its a superstar player.

But these three guys would be key during a playoff run for our team , especially Zajac.

I saw today that Larsson was put on IR retroactive to Feb 2nd. So what are the chances that any or all three of em will be back sooner rather then later?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tallinder isn't really an injury but rather a condition. I think he is supposed to come back in March. I doubt its any time sooner.

Larsson is skating now so hopefully he'll be back soon.

Zajac I have no idea. I think he's the medical staff's training dummy this year so He's probably out till August

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On needs, I think Zajac is needed the most, with Tallinder right behind(close) and Larsson.

Shame in that order, i think it's the same if i was ask who would be the least likely to return.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont wanna put down Larsson cause I think he's gonna be a stud , but the team seems to have taken off since he got injured a few weeks back. But ya can never really have too many Dmen come playoff time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont wanna put down Larsson cause I think he's gonna be a stud , but the team seems to have taken off since he got injured a few weeks back. But ya can never really have too many Dmen come playoff time.

There's no one to carelessly throw the puck into the middle of his own zone anymore....

I'll call it how i see it. Larsson looks to be a stud offensive skilled Dmen but he's not a great Dmen IMO. Still needs some work cuz he's young...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tallinder and Zajac are being kept out as long as possible as a precaution rather than necessity (Tallinder is on blood thinners so a little scrape could be disastrous, and Zajac came back way too soon, don't want to make that mistake again). Larsson who knows what his condition is. I would love all of them come playoff time but if I had to pick 1, I want Tallinder back for the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no one to carelessly throw the puck into the middle of his own zone anymore....

I'll call it how i see it. Larsson looks to be a stud offensive skilled Dmen but he's not a great Dmen IMO. Still needs some work cuz he's young...

Agreed..no doubt he'll get better in time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also want to see Larsson fill out his frame a little bit, put on some muscle in the offseason. I think positionally he's usually pretty good on D, but he needs to use the body more and be smarter with the puck in the corners.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As of right now, chances are very high that all three should be back. Zajac is supposed to cleared for skating at any moment. Tallinder and Larsson are both skating, but Tallinder can't come back until his treatment for the blood clots is over. I think he's supposed to be back mid-march. Larsson just needs to heal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, chances are very high that all three should be back. Zajac is supposed to cleared for skating at any moment. Tallinder and Larsson are both skating, but Tallinder can't come back until his treatment for the blood clots is over. I think he's supposed to be back mid-march. Larsson just needs to heal.

Thats good news..not that I dont believe ya but do you have any links to post on the Zajac news? I couldnt find any before.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats what we all said about Rafalski his rooke year too, including me. How'd that work?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats good news..not that I dont believe ya but do you have any links to post on the Zajac news? I couldnt find any before.

I was somewhere on fire and ice last week. It was at the end of one of the articles. Lou basically said that if Travis wasn't cleared on Friday, he would be at the start of the week (aka today or tomorrow).

Deboer talks about Zajac skating being a few days away on 2/18 here--> http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...game_in_montreal_as_his_last_in_his_hometown/

Lou talks about Zajac here --> http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...well_try_to_get_better_before_trade_deadline/ He's not expecting him back playing before the deadline, BUT he should be skating soon. Frankly, every game we win is putting more distance between us and 9th, so we need to guarantee that Zajac is healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys. Let's assume everyone is healthy and playing well come playoff time. Where does Zajac land? First line doesn't get touched. Do we make a 2nd line of Elias-Zajac-Clarkson? I kind of like the 3rd line but do we bump Bernier to the 4th and make a line of Poni-Zajac-Zubrus?

Personally I like

Kovy-Henrique-Parise
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Poni-Zubrus-Bernier
Teds-JJ-Sykora

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys. Let's assume everyone is healthy and playing well come playoff time. Where does Zajac land? First line doesn't get touched. Do we make a 2nd line of Elias-Zajac-Clarkson? I kind of like the 3rd line but do we bump Bernier to the 4th and make a line of Poni-Zajac-Zubrus?

Personally I like

Kovy-Henrique-Parise
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Poni-Zubrus-Bernier
Teds-JJ-Sykora

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'll probably see

Parise - Henrique - Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Sykora
Poni - Zubrus - Clarkson
JJ - Carter - Bernier/Boulton/Palm/Cam

It's going to be hard to deny Zajac the minutes, HOWEVER, this assumes they move Elias. He likes it at center, and you could easily see Zajac on the third line. The whole thing really hinges on if they want to move Elias to wing, and I don't think they want to do that at this point.

Note: Sykora is a player that can succeed when surrounded by other players that enhance his game. He's not going to carry a line, SO, if you don't have him with Elias, we should expect his goal scoring to stop. So even though I think Clarkson is the better player at this point, it's not the best option for the team, because Clarkson has shown that he can put up goals this season even if he's not playing with the best players.

I would be stunned to see Tedenby back with the big club this season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll probably see

Parise - Henrique - Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Sykora
Poni - Zubrus - Clarkson
JJ - Carter - Bernier/Boulton/Palm/Cam

It's going to be hard to deny Zajac the minutes, HOWEVER, this assumes they move Elias. He likes it at center, and you could easily see Zajac on the third line. The whole thing really hinges on if they want to move Elias to wing, and I don't think they want to do that at this point.

Note: Sykora is a player that can succeed when surrounded by other players that enhance his game. He's not going to carry a line, SO, if you don't have him with Elias, we should expect his goal scoring to stop. So even though I think Clarkson is the better player at this point, it's not the best option for the team, because Clarkson has shown that he can put up goals this season even if he's not playing with the best players.

I would be stunned to see Tedenby back with the big club this season.

I agree, that's more wishful thinking than anything. Your lines are probably more realistic, although mine is what I would like them to try. Regardless of the line combinations, somebody is playing on the 4th line that shouldn't be. I could see the 3rd line rotating depending on situations and whoever the odd man out is getting a lot more PK time.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest thing that will sink Tedenby is he can't do what Deboer obviously wants the 4th line to do. Provide a physical element while be responsible defensively. Palms is getting a shot because he's a big player and he's even been taking fighting lessons from Boulton and Cam because he realizes that he's sort of locked out of the top 9 and fighting might be the best way to stay with this team. JJ is on the team because Deboer has been very willing to let him play the PK, and if you'e going to insist on doing double shifts with parise and Kovy with the 4th liners, then you might as well have some talent there.

Carter, when he comes back, is the very safe option.
In fact, you might see a JJ, Carter, Palmieri line at some point, because there have been times where any combination of Boulton, Cam, etc, etc literally can't escape our own end, and that's a recipe for disaster.

Also, although I still think Tedenby is a future top 6 for this team, he hasn't earned the spot yet, and it's not fair to his development, or the team to give him a role he isn't suited for or hasn't earned yet.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
larson and tallendar will be back but just have to worry about zajac. im sure he will play again this year but how effective will he be? or will he hurt himself again?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was somewhere on fire and ice last week. It was at the end of one of the articles. Lou basically said that if Travis wasn't cleared on Friday, he would be at the start of the week (aka today or tomorrow).

Deboer talks about Zajac skating being a few days away on 2/18 here--> Fire & Ice - Brodeur not approaching Sunday’s game in Montreal as his last in his hometown; Zajac yet to skate

Lou talks about Zajac here --> Fire & Ice - Lamoriello: “If we can get better, we’ll try to get better” before trade deadline He's not expecting him back playing before the deadline, BUT he should be skating soon. Frankly, every game we win is putting more distance between us and 9th, so we need to guarantee that Zajac is healthy.

Good stuff! Thanks bro.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Teds a player like Elias who knows to get open and anticipate a pass for a finish. Teds is a playmaking winger, he'll set guys up more so than finishing. He'll need to play with guys who knows how to get the puck.

I still favor Teds in the long run for us.