• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chances are

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now our playoffs chances are only theoretically real. Seven points for ten games – we need a miracle, which I try to believe into. And it is already a miracle that we at 10-11 spot now. We gained 50 points out of 62 in second half of this season with ten more games to go. :clock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a shame. If we do miss the playoffs there will be so many what ifs scenarios that will be playing on repeat in my mind. What if Johnny Mac had been let go 2 weeks earlier? What if Parise was healthy? What if we let Langs go in the offseason? What if JL never left?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right now, my biggest what if is what if the Devils beat the Senators those 2 games.
I think those 2 losses hurt this team's chances a lot.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, my biggest what if is what if the Devils beat the Senators those 2 games.
I think those 2 losses hurt this team's chances a lot.

Agreed.

makeshiftb0y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dwelling on what ifs is pointless. What if Kovalchuk had gotten hurt also? What if we never signed him? What if we lost more games? What if my father pulled out? Can't change the past. If we don't make it, look forward to next season.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwelling on what ifs is pointless. What if Kovalchuk had gotten hurt also? What if we never signed him? What if we lost more games? What if my father pulled out? Can't change the past. If we don't make it, look forward to next season.

LMFAO!!! :alien:

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we still can watch our games with hopes and carrying about winning. But if playoffs not going to happen for us this year, we will be looking forward to next season. We need to get Parise signed and bring in a good blue-liner D. Our Ds are not scoring and not helping to our O.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think our d is going to be built from within.

you have 3-4 prospects who almost everyone assumes will contend for roster spots, when they are called upon and one who is looking like a draft steal in merrill.

no matter what i'm proud of this team, but at the same time i'll still be sad if they miss out

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so sad, watching greatly played first period in Boston and not converting so many opportunities and letting lucky for Boston shot to go in. I thought it was one of the best periods of season - play-wise. And today our playoff chances are minimal - I'd say theoretical only.
But as Devils fan I appreciated that team did not give up on the season. But there are so much things to improve. Scoring, scoring and scoring. You won't win if you don't score.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Thornton goal was a lucky one, but that Chara goal was a slap to the face, just like the Kovy one was to us. That Lucic one was a beauty as well.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say though, you guys are going to br something else next season if your game continues as is.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sad, I gotta say, as much as you hold the players accountable for the first half I love this group of players we have now, they deserve to make it, just so much happened in the first half that's almost a bullet to the head

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm trying to decide if I'm sad we're still a lottery team..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at is this, we needed this season. I think a lot of what has been wrong for the past few years was corrected, getting the right group of guys with the right mindset.

We made this historic run without our true Captain, arguably our best player which says a lot about the rest of the guys. We have a lot of great pieces in place for the upcoming years, and we got to watch the best team in hockey in 2011. Missing the playoffs sucks, but being in the role of underdog again was a lot of fun.

We'll be right back at the top of the standings again next year and we get a halfway decent draft pick without trading up for once.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at is this, we needed this season. I think a lot of what has been wrong for the past few years was corrected, getting the right group of guys with the right mindset.

We made this historic run without our true Captain, arguably our best player which says a lot about the rest of the guys. We have a lot of great pieces in place for the upcoming years, and we got to watch the best team in hockey in 2011. Missing the playoffs sucks, but being in the role of underdog again was a lot of fun.

We'll be right back at the top of the standings again next year and we get a halfway decent draft pick without trading up for once.

Couldn't agree more. At some point, the shit had to hit the fan. We had a rut of all those years of breezing through the regular season and flaming out in the first round.