• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP Semifinal: Notre Dame vs Clemson 4pm ET ESPN

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing season to season is beyond dumb in college ftball
Ironic coming from a Notre Dame fan since no school in the country benefits more from previous seasons than your own.

See you bitches in 2020. Hope Kelly is still on the sidelines so we can beat his ass again.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't. There's two better teams playing in New Years 6 bowls. One of them won their conference, thus won the same amount of games as Notre Dame that should have been in over them.
Nonsense. You yourself said GA didn’t earn the right to be there. So who was the other team? Ohio St.? That got blown out by Perdue and had to play NW in its conf championship game? (So much for your argument about putting it all on the line in a CCG). A NW team ND beat, btw.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. You yourself said GA didn’t earn the right to be there. So who was the other team? Ohio St.? That got blown out by Perdue and had to play NW in its conf championship game? (So much for your argument about putting it all on the line in a CCG). A NW team ND beat, btw.

OSU played an outlier game. Shit happens. They also blewout that Northwestern team in the B1GCG while, once again, yall just barely squeaked by.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU played an outlier game. Shit happens. They also blewout that Northwestern team in the B1GCG while, once again, yall just barely squeaked by.
Oh. So other teams are allowed to have outliers but not ND.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. So other teams are allowed to have outliers but not ND.

How many outliers do you need? You squeaked by Ball State, Vandy, Pitt and Northwestern. Ohio State looked much more impressive in common opponent games with Notre Dame, and the recruiting classes tells me OSU has better athletes.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved, bruddah.

Been sayin this for weeks … there's Bama, then there's Clemson. After that … pretty much meh.

We lost too many key players at the wrong time, tonite and Clemson immediately capitalized.

Yall better not disappoint in the NCG … I'll be rootin for the Dabo & Co, as usual.

:suds:
Good game brotha!

:suds:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How costly was not having Julian Love in?

Trevor Lawrence in 5 series with Julian Love OUT: 15-of-18 for 247 yards and 3 TDs.

Lawrence in 6 series with Love IN: 12-of-19 for 80 yards.

He will be missed next year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many outliers do you need? You squeaked by Ball State, Vandy, Pitt and Northwestern. Ohio State looked much more impressive in common opponent games with Notre Dame, and the recruiting classes tells me OSU has better athletes.
No argument on recruiting.

Pitt always plays us tight.

What’s the big difference. ND won alm it’s games. OSU didn’t. And call it an outlier all you want, they were in other close games too. Also it happened later in the year.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Chewbaccer, I'm going to disagree with you there. I do think Ohio State is a better football team than Notre Dame, though I think Clemson would beat them as well. And I think UGA is one of the three best teams in football. But neither deserved to be there. Notre Dame did. Ohio State didn't just have one outlier of a game. They got dominated on both sides of the ball by Purdue, got outplayed by Maryland, struggled against a really bad Nebraska, and almost lost to a good Penn State. Purdue just got humiliated in their bowl by Auburn, and Michigan, both OSU's and Notre Dame's signature win, got decimated by Florida. UGA is an excellent football team. If UGA had lost only to Bama, they would have had more of an argument being there. But they choked away their game against Bama in the championship (I think you have to win your championship) and didn't show up against LSU, getting blown out. National champs don't lose by three touchdowns.

Notre Dame won all their games, though some were ugly, and they had a decent schedule. They deserved to be there.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How costly was not having Julian Love in?

Trevor Lawrence in 5 series with Julian Love OUT: 15-of-18 for 247 yards and 3 TDs.

Lawrence in 6 series with Love IN: 12-of-19 for 80 yards.

He will be missed next year.
They don't get it, cuz they hate blinds them. lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were they? Syracuse with a backup QB? A USC team that didn't even make a bowl game? A mediocre Stanford team?

I'm sorry, but anytime Notre Dame is in a big game like this, it's always just too predictable. They don't have the horses to keep up with the real big boys today.

At this point, I'm not even trolling, I'm just calling it like I see it.

I understand calling a spade a spade.

Michigan's wasn't close as the score suggests.

Tech was top 20 when we played them and utter domination

Cuse

Stanford was 8 when we played them.

But enough about this. I've have got the Canada/Czech Republic world juniors game on.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has one loss to a ranked oponnent while OSU got their shit shoved in by an unranked team that just gave up 63 points to a dysfunctional Auburn team who just fired their OC.

Not sure if you talk with your mouth or your anus because everytine you open up all I hear is shit.

I’m sure 2nd most talented team in the nation, with a 2-1 record in the playoffs, would have done better than Oklahoma, who is 0-3, soon to be 0-4 in the playoffs.

Superman.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure 2nd most talented team in the nation, with a 2-1 record in the playoffs, would have done better than Oklahoma, who is 0-3, soon to be 0-4 in the playoffs.

Superman.
Bet they would be giving Bama just as tough of a gane as they gave Purdue.