• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB posters off season Fishing THREAD

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like so much fun. Now is that in Nebraska right? Too bad Oregon didnt play them in January... lol

Anyways, that game @ Lincoln in a few years I am going to have to hit you up so you can tell me where to go fish. I am going to make a few days out of it. Have to buy an out of state liscense and get some fishing done there.

What do you fish in September there?

Devils Lake is in North Dakota.

In September I am on the river fishing for large catfish. It's not a real fast paced experience, but hooking into a monster can get the heart rate up pretty good.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know there is a fishing forum. Posting this thread here for a while to gain traction. Then we can move it to fishing forum if people are bothered by it. For now, lets leave it here.

Steelhead fishing is red hot right now on the Nestucca out here in Oregon. I had a stretch last week of 7 in 4 days. Also hooked into a Spawning Chinook way up river. Red as a lobster he was. Fought pretty good. 22-25 lbs. Of course released him.

The Steelhead have been beautys..... Lots of keeper fin clipped. And even better some really nice natives. (release mandatory)

Got out in the Dory to do a little Ocean fishing 3 or 4 times this winter. Crab pots (dungeness) have been packed every time so far. We harvested 64 in a week.

Anxiously awaiting going out for Halibut. And August cant get here soon enough for the annual Alabacore run.

What yall been up to out there?

Question, when the Chinook are red like that, are they better tasting? I've always wondered which size and age those taste the best.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fly fishing Penns Creek in may (green drake hatch). Should be on any fly fisherman's to do list.

Still can't believe that after 30 years in the south I still haven't been deep sea fishing. I say this after sitting here in Navarre, Fl.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, when the Chinook are red like that, are they better tasting? I've always wondered which size and age those taste the best.

No man, they are about to die. But still healthy enough for a good fight. They are generally pissed off.

THe tastiest to me are the Spring run... (Springers)

The fall hawgs are massive, great to smoke because you get a ton of meat. But for the grill, it is springers all the way.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fly fishing Penns Creek in may (green drake hatch). Should be on any fly fisherman's to do list.

Still can't believe that after 30 years in the south I still haven't been deep sea fishing. I say this after sitting here in Navarre, Fl.

shame on you...:lol:

get that checked off the list and report back...:suds:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loaded all my new tackle (from xmas) + my old tackle into my new tacklebox yesterday.
pDSP1-11810953p275w.jpg

That's about as close to fishing as I'll get in the winter. I've tried ice fishing, and it was a little more fun as a kid, but now days it's just too cold and boring for me. I miss the action of casting for the fish and moving to different locations. Ice fishing is really more just trying to prevent your hole from freezing -- and then every once and a while something bites your bait.

Though, now that I've organized everything, I'm really itching to get out there. Unfortunately it's only 40 degrees outside.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loaded all my new tackle (from xmas) + my old tackle into my new tacklebox yesterday.
pDSP1-11810953p275w.jpg

That's about as close to fishing as I'll get in the winter. I've tried ice fishing, and it was a little more fun as a kid, but now days it's just too cold and boring for me. I miss the action of casting for the fish and moving to different locations. Ice fishing is really more just trying to prevent your hole from freezing -- and then every once and a while something bites your bait.

Though, now that I've organized everything, I'm really itching to get out there. Unfortunately it's only 40 degrees outside.

Yerdoinitwrong.