• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know? They probably were early in the year, but.....

I think USC has closed the gap for sure but I think their defense and a dual threat QB would make them an overwhelming favorite. At least a 10 point fav in my opinion. USC does have an up an coming QB and obviously always has those 4-5 star recruits. USC might face Michigan or Wisconsin in the Rose and I don't think anyone wants USC right now though.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think USC has closed the gap for sure but I think their defense and a dual threat QB would make them an overwhelming favorite. At least a 10 point fav in my opinion. USC does have an up an coming QB and obviously always has those 4-5 star recruits. USC might face Michigan or Wisconsin in the Rose and I don't think anyone wants USC right now though.
USC wasn't impressive in every game during their win streak. Colorado almost beat them at the Coliseum.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first one you stated sounded like it was 100% a sure thing. This sounds completely different and you indicated so. I don't buy any "sure things" until teams play it out on the field. But, I'll accept anyone's objective opinion which is what you have stated here.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is by far superior to USC. The game vs OSU went to OT. Badger completely dominated OSU in the first half but didn't capitolize on redzone opportunities so it was 16-6 at halftime. OSU scored their two TD's off a int that gave them field position in our territory and off a punt return in our territory. The INT we forced a three and out but the refs called a bs roughing the fucking center that gave them 15 yards to our 30 yard line instead of a punt. The game went to OT and we lost. We didn't have our best defensive player, our best RB or our best QB in that game yet we still were the better team or at least had control of majority of the game. In the end it was a close loss vs a playoff team. The Huskies were easily beaten vs a team that won't even sniff the playoffs.

More excuses

Washington has had key injuries to their defense too.

USC beat us by 13 but we've still outscored our quality opponents 133-73

Wisconsin 117-101.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that USC already has a damn good redshirt Freshman QB in Sam Darnold, don't you?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that USC already has a damn good redshirt Freshman QB in Sam Darnold, don't you?
Yes I do but what does that have to do with this discussion?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means Western Michigan>>>Washington with that logic.

I love Western Michigan, but they are not a P5 team ... If you take the literal translation, I guess your technically right. If we are talking Conference Champions, there is only one team that beat both teams in the B1G Championship (Penn State 49-10 and Wisconsin) and that's Michigan. However, Michigan does not deserve to go.

My playoff teams would be:

Alabama
ohio state
Clemson
Washington

Should Washington or Clemson lose, I would lean toward the B1G Champion.

I thought that was clear in my first post, but I understand if you put literal ahead of logic.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More excuses

Washington has had key injuries to their defense too.

USC beat us by 13 but we've still outscored our quality opponents 133-73

Wisconsin 117-101.

The entire point was OSU is the better team than USC and UW was beaten fairly easily while the OSU/UW game was controlled by Wisconsin for majority of the game but they did lose in OT.

You do make a good point that your margin of victory is better and Wisconsin really hasn't been blowing teams out except for the past three weeks. I think overall the Badgers quality opponents>>Huskies quality opponents.

I don't know how much the committee ranks margin of victory. I think they care more about who controlled the game. Wisconsin's style is based off efficiency and controlling the clock while shutting down the other team defensively and keeping the opponent off the field. It's more difficult to win every game by 30+ points consistently.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Western Michigan, but they are not a P5 team ... If you take the literal translation, I guess your technically right. If we are talking Conference Champions, there is only one team that beat both teams in the B1G Championship (Penn State 49-10 and Wisconsin) and that's Michigan. However, Michigan does not deserve to go.

My playoff teams would be:

Alabama
ohio state
Clemson
Washington

Should Washington or Clemson lose, I would lean toward the B1G Champion.

I thought that was clear in my first post, but I understand if you put literal ahead of logic.

The case for Wisconsin would be they play in the best P5 conference and winning that conference with only 1 more loss should give them the nod over a team in the worst p5 conference with the worst out of conference SOS (128th).

I think that's what the final rankings might be if all those teams win out but I don't agree with it.

The knock against Michigan is their bad loss. They still have a very small chance of actually making it though. However Clemson is playing a scrub team, Washington is playing a team they own historically and OKlahoma is playing a BIG 12 team which as we all know means no defense.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case for Wisconsin would be they play in the best P5 conference and winning that conference with only 1 more loss should give them the nod over a team in the worst p5 conference with the worst out of conference SOS (128th).

I think that's what the final rankings might be if all those teams win out but I don't agree with it.

The knock against Michigan is their bad loss. They still have a very small chance of actually making it though. However Clemson is playing a scrub team, Washington is playing a team they own historically and OKlahoma is playing a BIG 12 team which as we all know means no defense.

You guys can go ahead and quit mentioning Oklahoma, a Big 12 team is not getting in.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can go ahead and quit mentioning Oklahoma, a Big 12 team is not getting in.

Even if Clemson and the Huskies lose? I think it will be close between Michigan and Oklahoma. Although the committee might not want three BIG teams in it. We need a damn 8 team playoff system already.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Clemson and the Huskies lose? I think it will be close between Michigan and Oklahoma. Although the committee might not want three BIG teams in it. We need a damn 8 team playoff system already.
If Colorado wins the PAC 12 CG, then they would have just as much right to be in the final four as Oklahoma would. Also as far as the PAC 12 goes, they as a conference from top to bottom are better than the BIG 12 and the SEC this year. The SEC has only one real good team this year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on the 8, we need maximum carnage. I'm an OU alum and have followed them my whole life. We have no business playing a real team right now, none.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colorado wins the PAC 12 CG, then they would have just as much right to be in the final four as Oklahoma would.

Yeah I think a lot of teams are overlooking Colorado

Their 2 losses are against Michigan and USC

And they've beaten Stanford, WSU and Utah and if they pick up a top 4 victory against Washington, they definitely have a case.

I wouldn't put them over Wisconsin or Michigan personally, but Colorado has been a really good team this year.

My hope is Washington just takes care of business and its a mute point