• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB coach you hate the most?

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Urban Meyer
2. Jim Tressel
3. Mark Dantonio
4. Danny Hope

hurricane 2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny when people think Saban ran Meyer out of FL. Just amuses me that you put a coach so high on a pedestal.

You mean like how OSU put Tressel up there ? and BTW Saban did run Meyer out of FL......

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Bear Bryant, but I've never trusted a man in a fedora. Or a V-neck t-shirt......

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably had more to do with Meyer recruiting bust or something? I honestly don't know, but I would be a little worried if I were you about how things went at UF.

Recruiting bust? He recruited 2 Heisman winners. One just could not stay out of trouble.
I will be worried if things start happening like they did at FL. But as the current FL team is showing, they are still in trouble even with Meyer not there. The level of crimes is much different and Meyer is handling them like he should at tOSU. He is not giving passes like at FL and the SEC.

You mean like how OSU put Tressel up there ? and BTW Saban did run Meyer out of FL......

Nobody is bigger than the program. If that was not true Tressel would still be there. Tressel lied, he gave his reasons whether you believe them or not, and now he is gone. And BTW saying Saban means nothing from a fan of a team who was paying players for over 10 years and whines about punishment.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no hate for coaches.
In fact, I love Mack Brown.

carry on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban-whiner
Kiffin-douchebag whiney sissy

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't whine about fast paced football. You are a victim of media spin.

First, he never said he had a problem with playing it.

And he later clarified what he meant about player safety. In the NFL they play about 64 plays a game. In college football, they play about 80 plays a game and fast paced teams play even more than that.

Those extra plays add up to about 300-400 extra plays over the course of an entire season. More if a team plays more than 80 plays a game.

Obviously there is a much bigger chance for injuries to happen over that many extra plays.

Media spin?!?!?! Nooooo say it isn't so...

I hate it when that happens! :lol:

However why even bring it up, especially Saban? Sure more plays could equal more injuries. So can playing a player you shouldnt have played.

Saban isn't renowned for his care of players safety. In Miami he totally ignored a player having convulsions and stepped over him and kept on walking.

No... I don't think player safety is his reason for bringing it up. It's hard to prepare for and he doesn't like preparing for fast paced offensive teams imo.

Saban obviously has his good pts. I don't really 'hate' him, but do wish he would shut up and quit trying to pretend his concerns are with player safety.

I'm not buying it.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles......

how can you hate this guy?

3DYGZ.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't whine about fast paced football. You are a victim of media spin.

First, he never said he had a problem with playing it.

And he later clarified what he meant about player safety. In the NFL they play about 64 plays a game. In college football, they play about 80 plays a game and fast paced teams play even more than that.

Those extra plays add up to about 300-400 extra plays over the course of an entire season. More if a team plays more than 80 plays a game.

Obviously there is a much bigger chance for injuries to happen over that many extra plays.
And the pros play 20 games vs college 12 games so they still end up with a lot more plays per year. It's only an issue to those who don't want to run it and don't like to face it. 2/3 of the pac is running it and their HC/OC' all love it.

As for extra injuries, do you have any stats on numbers of injuries on teams that run the up tempo full time vs teams that don't? I don't recall Oregon having more than their share of injuries, but maybe you can prove me wrong on that?

Playing up tempo requires your entire team to be in better conditioning which also helps reduce injury. It requires you substitute more which probably helps reduce it for each player as more players are active each game. It requires you to shorten your playbook to some degree which makes you sharper on the plays you do run and puts you at risk less often. From what I've seen watching it over here for the last several years defenses often bliz less and are often less aggressive on the pass rush because of the difficulty in getting into complex rushing schemes and fatigue which again puts less full speed impact plays in each game.

Really, people either need to come up with established facts over actual injuries to teams running that offensive style or the teams who play against them, or just deal with it as the changing times and find ways of stopping it. Coaches whining over it is just :lame:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media spin?!?!?! Nooooo say it isn't so...

I hate it when that happens! :lol:

However why even bring it up, especially Saban? Sure more plays could equal more injuries. So can playing a player you shouldnt have played.

Saban isn't renowned for his care of players safety. In Miami he totally ignored a player having convulsions and stepped over him and kept on walking.

No... I don't think player safety is his reason for bringing it up. It's hard to prepare for and he doesn't like preparing for fast paced offensive teams imo.

Saban obviously has his good pts. I don't really 'hate' him, but do wish he would shut up and quit trying to pretend his concerns are with player safety.

I'm not buying it.

I don't remember the full interview, but I doubt Saban just up and offered his opinion on it out of the blue.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the full interview, but I doubt Saban just up and offered his opinion on it out of the blue.

I respect Saban a lot. I mean who wouldn't? And I'm not trying to troll him here. He isn't the only HC who has talked about it. I just think the safety issue is a nonstarter until someone comes up with stats that show otherwise, because from my experience at watching it neither teams who run it, nor teams who don't and are forced to face it have come up with extra injuries because of it. Granted it is just from what I've seen and I haven't been gathering any type of data so I'm willing to wait and see if I'm proven wrong. Clearly the more you are on the practice field and game field the more chances you have at blowing an ACL or coming up with some other freak injury, but most players are being rotated out and probably not playing all of those extra plays you mentioned. That's all I'm saying.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate is a pretty strong word. The coach I dislike the most is definitely Bo Pelini and his brother Carl. Two of the whiniest bitches in the country.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandusky was a coach. Everyone should hate him a million times more than any of these guys!

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hate every coach but ours.