• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Fantasy League Official SMACK TALK Thread

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan is the only guy on your team with 40... Averages TLF... He probably scores 19 next game...:pound:

By the way, you can't talk about players when you have a guy that scored -1 for the game, giving you 4.5... :pound:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think Kobe is going to give you another 49?:pound:

Kobe is a ball hog, so I don't have confidence that Boozer will be productive. Boozer is now relegated to low numbers so Kobe can have his. The only thing Kobe is going to accomplish for the Lakers this year is passing up more all time leaders in the scoring. You've got two players in the 40+ and I have 3, all of them will drop - I expect that. In fact I am pleasantly surprised and happy to get as high as 250+ If I had made one or two better selections in the draft, I might have a chance. I got one player out on injury. When he comes back and comes back healthy, that gives me another option

This is the dumbest shit you've said in a while... How is Kobe not going to put up numbers if by your own statement he's only going to be putting up big numbers this year...?:noidea:

And being pleased with 250 is why you won't beat anybody unless they have players hurt...:whistle:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... Dirk, Pau and Drummond for Cousins and Lowry... Is that fair...?

Send me the offer, I will have to look it over - I have Pau on my other team. I will have to run the totals to see if it helps me. I'm not using cbs projections any more, they are were than Obama Care

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send me the offer, I will have to look it over - I have Pau on my other team. I will have to run the totals to see if it helps me. I'm not using cbs projections any more, they are were than Obama Care

:L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the dumbest shit you've said in a while... How is Kobe not going to put up numbers if by your own statement he's only going to be putting up big numbers this year...?:noidea:

And being pleased with 250 is why you won't beat anybody unless they have players hurt...:whistle:

This is really saying something...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you run the numbers and if you like it you send the offer to me then I'll run the numbers and see if it will benefit me...:doh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you run the numbers and if you like it you send the offer to me then I'll run the numbers and see if it will benefit me...:doh:

Just out of curiosity how come you drafted so poorly anyway? That's not like you. This is only my second time drafting and each time CBS was different. The third time on SportsHoopla 1 league, I drafted pretty good in spite of being 11th and actually project to average close to 280 to 300, but you've been doing this for years. Didn't you see that Gasol was a center? and the others?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I am not really interested in trading anything. Trades in the past has never done better than break even for me and one of the reasons I picked Lowry this year is because everyone pointed out the importance of high assists in addition to the points. Where I went really wrong is when I got down to the 6th round, but then I ended up picking up players I didn't know about. I saved myself on the second draft, printed out all of the names and marked who would be available by the time it was my turn, looked them up on ESPN and ended up decent. I didn't do enough research the first time, but last year I picked up some lucky ones in free agencies when someone went down and and another player suddenly became relevant for the rest of the season...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity how come you drafted so poorly anyway? That's not like you. This is only my second time drafting and each time CBS was different. The third time on SportsHoopla 1 league, I drafted pretty good in spite of being 11th and actually project to average close to 280 to 300, but you've been doing this for years. Didn't you see that Gasol was a center? and the others?

I didn't look at positions... It had a list of players and you could put them in the que... I went down the line and grabbed guys and put them in without looking at their position... Thinking I had Bosh Pau Dirk and Green at Forward I went looking to grab Sullinger and it said I couldn't get another Center because I had 3 so I had to scramble to get Forwards and couldn't get guards, by this time there wasn't much of either... Anyway, I knew you wouldn't trade just threw it out there... Bottom line is, you have to be willing to take a risk in order to win... Last year the winner traded Curry away and it helped him... Doesn't help that you dropped Isiah Thomas and he grabbed him for free...:L but you get the point...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't look at positions... It had a list of players and you could put them in the que... I went down the line and grabbed guys and put them in without looking at their position... Thinking I had Bosh Pau Dirk and Green at Forward I went looking to grab Sullinger and it said I couldn't get another Center because I had 3 so I had to scramble to get Forwards and couldn't get guards, by this time there wasn't much of either... Anyway, I knew you wouldn't trade just threw it out there... Bottom line is, you have to be willing to take a risk in order to win... Last year the winner traded Curry away and it helped him... Doesn't help that you dropped Isiah Thomas and he grabbed him for free...:L but you get the point...

Well, I suppose you could blame it on your kids and say they distracted you - but Yeah, I noticed that, what I didn't do was count down the rounds and figure out what my choices would be and then look them up on ESPN. I think my choices of Cousins and Lowry and Conley were pretty good choices, but should have cherry picked the actual forwards first. Then I lost count on how many forwards I had and had to grab what the freakin system would let me. The second draft, like I said before - I had the print out of the available and the fake free agents that should have been dead last - I marked those to be sure I didn't make the same mistake twice. For someone who's only done it a few times - I would think that's normal, but as many years as you have been doing this -I would think you knew it. This year, rest assured, I'm not giving away anything for free:lol: Not sure why I dropped Isaiah Thomas, but I think I did that by error and once I realized my error, I tried to undo it, but he was gone. It's as if he was sitting there at his computer waiting for me to do that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I need is forwards and I don't need more centers, but I want to wait and see if I get David Lee back. If he comes back I might have something worth trading that will help both of us, but right now I need Lowry just to have a 10% chance

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I suppose you could blame it on your kids and say they distracted you - but Yeah, I noticed that, what I didn't do was count down the rounds and figure out what my choices would be and then look them up on ESPN. I think my choices of Cousins and Lowry and Conley were pretty good choices, but should have cherry picked the actual forwards first. Then I lost count on how many forwards I had and had to grab what the freakin system would let me. The second draft, like I said before - I had the print out of the available and the fake free agents that should have been dead last - I marked those to be sure I didn't make the same mistake twice. For someone who's only done it a few times - I would think that's normal, but as many years as you have been doing this -I would think you knew it. This year, rest assured, I'm not giving away anything for free:lol: Not sure why I dropped Isaiah Thomas, but I think I did that by error and once I realized my error, I tried to undo it, but he was gone. It's as if he was sitting there at his computer waiting for me to do that.

No that was all my fault... I thought CBs would put people in their actual position... They have Jordan Hill at Forward...:noidea:

As for your picking and what not... I don't research anything... I watch the games, see who does what for their team and go from there... I like the idea of winning on paper but I don't think twice about playing a guy that's in a unique situation... I just grabbed Caldwell-Pope and started him, he hit 20+... Grabbed Tailfare 20+... Consistency is what you need... Pau for instance is going to stay mid/high 20s but could go off a few times and he isn't out much... He's a keeper... The guy Marvin Williams you picked up will go for 30+ one night, 10 the next... He is somebody I stay away from... But he might work out this year...:noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I need is forwards and I don't need more centers, but I want to wait and see if I get David Lee back. If he comes back I might have something worth trading that will help both of us, but right now I need Lowry just to have a 10% chance

If you think it works keep him... Don't trade just to trade unless you have a plan... I went for Lowry because it's a risk... Your MONEY is Conely IMO... He is very consistent and in 8 years including this year has played 80+ games 4 times 70+ 1... The other two were 50+ And 60+... This year he should be good again... David Lee is good he should keep it mid 20s...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first time to play with you guys but I'm pretty happy with my team so far. Had some back luck the first week in that I would have beat all but 2 teams but that stuff will even out hopefully.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first time to play with you guys but I'm pretty happy with my team so far. Had some back luck the first week in that I would have beat all but 2 teams but that stuff will even out hopefully.

It will

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Cane called me an idiot after that trade, but I got the last laugh.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cane called me an idiot after that trade, but I got the last laugh.

I learned my lesson on that first draft a few weeks ago, for the second one, I printed out the cbs report which lists the players according to their projections, marked the ones that would most likely be available and assuming that the best would automatically get picked up looked to see what my choices would be in comparison to the later on so I didn't end up short on forwards and had a balanced team and I went to ESPN and looked at the statistics for last year and the fantasy spin.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My computer went down today and won't be back til Monday so there's a chance I won't be able to set my line up this week. I am I'm on my cell phone for the next 3 days