• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Trade?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are Pau is gone by the deadline. By then the Lakers will be a "solid" Lottery team and they will want to dump Pau's salary for next season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe the Cavs.

They didn't want to give up any picks/player in a Bynum/Gasol trade but they give up a 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks with Bynum to get Deng?

Whatever!

Cavs got a better deal. Gasol for Bynum straight up wouldn't work cap wise. Cle needed to add another player. LA wanted a young player like Waiters or Thompson in addition to a pick. Cavs rightly balked at that. Deng is a better player than Gasol too. They just got a better deal, can't fault them for that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, Gasols trade value went up the last two weeks or so. Go back a month and the Lakers would have accepted a Big Mac for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs needed to add pieces to make the trade work. The Lakers adding another player just means the Cavs would have had to include even more assets.

The Lakers aren't stuck with Gasol. There is still around 6 weeks left until the trade deadline. I don't think the Lakers stand pat. If the Lakers can deal to get under the luxury tax threshold, they will.

^^^THIS^^^

Those of you who think Pau will be a Laker for the rest of the season are forgetting the trade deadline. In order for the money to work, the Cavs would have to part with one of their young players and possibly a draft pick. They clearly didn't want to do that for Pau.

While Pau would have been a good addition for them, Deng is better for them. If Pau can continue to play well, there will likely be contending teams looking to add him closer to the deadline. That could drive up the price for him and there could be a deal struck that is better for the Lakers and Pau.

I wouldn't necessarily sleep on a possible deal with Memphis either. Pau has expressed interest in playing with his brother and with Marc being out, they could have real interest in Pau.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Cavs enjoy overpaying for a possible rental.