• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs GM Fired...

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we can send Crawford over and get Jack back. Obviously there would need to be other fillers, but I think it's something to look into. I wasn't a huge Jack fan, but I think he's got the toughness that this team is missing.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the story and yahoo,

Jack has 3 more years, at 6 mil per, I'll keep Crawford, younger, cheaper, better handles.

Jack is tough, and "thick headed" at times. He would over dribble, turn the ball over, and take bad shots.

I think this team misses Landry , aka Mr Pump fake, more than we miss Jack. Iguolala mans the back up point decently enough. What we are missing is a larger 4 that can score, play defense, and rebound.

Green is a fighter, he won't back down, and is one , if not the smartest player on the team. He gets overmatched vs larger men, and he can't play the 5 at the NBA consistently.

Someone else , I forget who, brought up a Tristen Thompson for HB deal, if HB can play better before the deadline, that might be a better deal for us.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this team is lacking is a bit of swag. The team seems dejected and lethargic lately.

Last year Jack was the guy waving his arms pumping up the crowd to get it going. Carl Landry was flexing and yelling on his and-1's. Curry is a silent leader on the court. Klay has no emotion. Iguodala, Lee, Barnes are all pretty reserved. The only one out there showing any sort of emotion is Bogut.

I think there's a reason they're in a funk at home. The home crowd has been taken out of it with the early big holes the Warriors dig themselves in.

I think it's not as important as the pieces, but the cohesion and accountability. (although a reliable back up 4 who could score wouldn't hurt)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jack has 3 more years, at 6 mil per, I'll keep Crawford, younger, cheaper, better handles.

Jack is tough, and "thick headed" at times. He would over dribble, turn the ball over, and take bad shots.

I think this team misses Landry , aka Mr Pump fake, more than we miss Jack. Iguolala mans the back up point decently enough. What we are missing is a larger 4 that can score, play defense, and rebound.

Green is a fighter, he won't back down, and is one , if not the smartest player on the team. He gets overmatched vs larger men, and he can't play the 5 at the NBA consistently.

Someone else , I forget who, brought up a Tristen Thompson for HB deal, if HB can play better before the deadline, that might be a better deal for us.

Jack is way more effcient and a better shooter

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok maybe not this year but last year says otherwise but jack is a better shooter

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this team is lacking is a bit of swag. The team seems dejected and lethargic lately.

Last year Jack was the guy waving his arms pumping up the crowd to get it going. Carl Landry was flexing and yelling on his and-1's. Curry is a silent leader on the court. Klay has no emotion. Iguodala, Lee, Barnes are all pretty reserved. The only one out there showing any sort of emotion is Bogut.

I think there's a reason they're in a funk at home. The home crowd has been taken out of it with the early big holes the Warriors dig themselves in.

I think it's not as important as the pieces, but the cohesion and accountability. (although a reliable back up 4 who could score wouldn't hurt)

Swag, confidence, belief, its subjective, and fleeting. How much "swag" did they have on that 10 game winning streak in DEC?

You can play with emotion, and still be terrible. Case in point, the New York Knicks. 'Melo, A'mare, JR Smith, Ron Ron, have all the "swag" in the world, and they probably won't even make the playoffs in the horrible East.

The other side of that coin is SAS, who complain to the Ref's every play, but don't have ra-ra guys hollering up and down the court.

I'll take boring and W's, all day 24/7/365.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok maybe not this year but last year says otherwise but jack is a better shooter

You can't fake chemistry, and can't just insert a player into a team and expect them to be better.

Case in point, Deng being trade to CLE. They are still horrible and aren't going anywhere this year.

JJ had chemistry with Landry and had a great situation here. Free rein to push the ball every possession.
On a squad, that had no expectations, and no one expected to finish in the top 8, he anchored the bench mob. Often times he played 30+ mins, more than HB/Klay/D.Lee in crunch time.

JJ hoisted a lot of shots, hit some big ones, but also was a volume shooter.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swag, confidence, belief, its subjective, and fleeting. How much "swag" did they have on that 10 game winning streak in DEC?

You can play with emotion, and still be terrible. Case in point, the New York Knicks. 'Melo, A'mare, JR Smith, Ron Ron, have all the "swag" in the world, and they probably won't even make the playoffs in the horrible East.

The other side of that coin is SAS, who complain to the Ref's every play, but don't have ra-ra guys hollering up and down the court.

I'll take boring and W's, all day 24/7/365.

Obviously "swag" isn't quantifiable. I'm not talking about guys who portray themselves to be bigger than the game. For every JR Smith, there's a Russell Westbrook. For every Amare there's a Joakim Noah. There's a difference between being a jackass and bringing an edge to your game.

There are towel wavers and there are guys who boost your own confidence by feeding off of theirs. I'm looking for the latter. It's why you hear the phrase "shooting is contagious" so often. So is energy, hustle defensive intensity. There's no quantifiable aspect of that, other than you know it when you see it. If you don't believe that confidence, edge and competitive spirit isn't beneficial to a team, then you've never played competitive sports. Holding people accountable isn't just for the coaching staff. It's for the players as well.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the link, it didn't even say what the Cav's would give up.

SideShow Bob + Thompson for D.Lee and HB? I would guess. Even with Lee hurt right now, I'm not sure that deal makes us better.

If it means we are bringing Jack back, I wouldn't be too happy w/ that. :doh:

If there was a trade with Cleveland, it would almost assuredly include Luol Deng. Most of these rumors arose from a Kawakami article, centering around trading Lee and Barnes for Deng and Waiters or Lee and Barnes (+fillers) for Deng and Jack. Due to trade restrictions involving Deng, it would be a Deng for Lee straight up trade, followed by the smaller trade.

The premise of these trades would be to remain competitive, while dumping Lee's contract for Deng's which is expiring. The Warriors would then have some money to play with in Free Agency in acquiring other pieces.

For me this doesn't solve any issues for the Warriors.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SideShow Bob + Thompson for D.Lee and HB? I would guess. Even with Lee hurt right now, I'm not sure that deal makes us better.

Something like that is what I would prefer. A) I actually think it could make us better, and at worst I don't think it makes us significantly worse, and B) More importantly, gets us out from the worst of D. Lee's contract, freeing up a lot of money for a free agent in the next couple years (hello, LeBron, KD). Plus, Varejao has a team option for next year in case we like him. Of course that assumes Cleveland is willing to take on Lee's salary, which is doubtful but not impossible.

Other possibilities that work salary-wise:

Lee + Barnes for Thompson + Jack + Waiters
Lee + Barnes for Thompson + Varejao + Waiters
Lee + Bazemore for Varejao + Waiters
Lee + Kuzmic for Varejao + Thompson
Lee + Bazemore for Jack + Thompson

And other variations on those.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a trade with Cleveland, it would almost assuredly include Luol Deng. Most of these rumors arose from a Kawakami article, centering around trading Lee and Barnes for Deng and Waiters or Lee and Barnes (+fillers) for Deng and Jack. Due to trade restrictions involving Deng, it would be a Deng for Lee straight up trade, followed by the smaller trade.

The premise of these trades would be to remain competitive, while dumping Lee's contract for Deng's which is expiring. The Warriors would then have some money to play with in Free Agency in acquiring other pieces.

For me this doesn't solve any issues for the Warriors.

The one HUGE issue it would solve is getting rid of Avi and his atrocious contract.

Which is exactly why the Cavs wouldn't do it.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was me

I brought up the Barnes Tristan Thompson trade. Also, Barnes v Faried.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one HUGE issue it would solve is getting rid of Avi and his atrocious contract.

Which is exactly why the Cavs wouldn't do it.

Dunno, many thought they shouldn't sign JJ for 4 years, they did.

Many thought they shouldn't take on Bynum, and they did.

Many thought they wouldn't trade for Deng, and they did.

If the plan is to bring Lebron back to OH, they need to bring in some pieces that would make he want to come. An Allstar PF in Lee would be a start.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, many thought they shouldn't sign JJ for 4 years, they did.

Many thought they shouldn't take on Bynum, and they did.

Many thought they wouldn't trade for Deng, and they did.

If the plan is to bring Lebron back to OH, they need to bring in some pieces that would make he want to come. An Allstar PF in Lee would be a start.

Deng is an allstar too, and Lee plays the same position as LeBron more or less