• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catcher Tommy Joseph Calls it Quits

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. I was shocked to read he is only 23 years old. I thought for sure he's be 25 or 26 by now. Hope this works out for him. The guy has had some tough luck since that trade.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. I was shocked to read he is only 23 years old. I thought for sure he's be 25 or 26 by now. Hope this works out for him. The guy has had some tough luck since that trade.
We drafted him out of high school.

I am not sure his bat is good enough to play at 1B, but we will see. He has (had?) a crazy quick swing and "light-tower power", but 1B is a different game all together.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things hit me about this. One, the Phillies are desperately trying to get something out of that Pence trade. Two, the Phillies are desperately trying to find a suitable bat to play 1st base.
In a not really the same but kinda sort of way, it reminds me of the Twins' decision to move Joe Mauer to 1st base. His bat was more important to them than his glove behind the plate, with the idea that he would stay more healthy and thus be in the line up more.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things hit me about this. One, the Phillies are desperately trying to get something out of that Pence trade. Two, the Phillies are desperately trying to find a suitable bat to play 1st base.
In a not really the same but kinda sort of way, it reminds me of the Twins' decision to move Joe Mauer to 1st base. His bat was more important to them than his glove behind the plate, with the idea that he would stay more healthy and thus be in the line up more.
Sure.

But Mauer was Posey.

ToJo is just a kid who has not done anything yet.

Sure, he may develope into a Sid Bream type 1B. Not horrible. But not a franchise-changer.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But Mauer was Posey.

ToJo is just a kid who has not done anything yet.

Sure, he may develope into a Sid Bream type 1B. Not horrible. But not a franchise-changer.
As I said, "not really the same but kinda sort of way". If he even makes the big league club for a cup of coffee at this point, I would count his career a success (considering the last few years).