• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cashman tells A-rod to shut the eff up, Sox crush rox, Yankees win too

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock.

KG to the Nets is a hot rumor in the NY papers

heard that too

KG wants to play here or follow doc, from what hes said

i doubt ainge trades him to a team in the atlantic

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morn'in Sunshine

The Bucs hit five dingers last night, routing the Mariners 9-4

Thats five in a row baby ..... and the Reds lost, again :yahoo:

will we see dickshot?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins fan gets tickets for life

Updated: June 26, 2013, 7:41 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

A 77-year-old Boston Bruins fan has revealed the team gave her tickets for life when she said she couldn't afford them anymore.
According to The Boston Globe, Marge Bishop of Gloucester, Mass., has had front-row seats for the Bruins since the late 1960s. Bishop, who worked in customer service for Tupperware for years, and her husband, who works construction, decided they couldn't afford their tickets when prices of their

Since Bishop was known around the rink -- Zamboni drivers knew her by name because she gave them chocolates between periods -- the Bruins asked if she would be willing to move to cheaper seats, but she declined.
Then she received a call from the son of owner Jeremy Jacobs, Charlie Jacobs.
According to The Globe, he invited her to a Jimmy Fund event at Fenway Park and then asked her to join the Season Ticket Advisory Board. Even though the renewal window had closed, he also made sure her tickets weren't released to the public. So the Bishops stuck with them.
When the 2006-07 season came around and the tickets went from $90 to $150, however, that was it. Bishop said they were done. Again Jacobs stepped in, inviting her to a behind-the-scenes tour of TD Garden. He showed her his plastic card that allowed him access to all games and areas of the arena.
"He could go to any game he wanted at any time," Bishop said, according to the Globe. "At first I didn't know why he was showing me it."
Then Jacobs gave her her own card.
"It was the most unbelievable gesture," Bishop said, according to the newspaper. "People just don't do things like that."
She kept the gesture to herself for years but finally decided she wanted the world to know about Jacob's generosity.
"I'm just a regular person," Bishop said, according to The Globe. "And I've been given this remarkable once-in-a-lifetime gift. It's incredible. It's the most remarkable story."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for draft picks?

They didn't specify

The article states KG wants to play with Deron Williams and let it be known that he would waive the NT to play in Brooklyn

Apparently Ainge told Billy King they are still sorting stuff out there and will be in touch

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cant follow doc......the clips/celtics cant trade players until after next year is what i heard

lmao

i just said that

i also said maybe they can swing a multi team deal...not sure if thats prohibited or not

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"interesting deal on the doc to LA thing

deal went thru, both teams are prohibited from trading together before the end of next season

means KG and pierce are stuck here unless the C's can find a willing 3rd party (my guess to circumvent that) and get a multi team deal going.

never heard of a league doing that before to 2 teams"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Pineda 6 shutout last night, hit 95

Could be a key piece in the AL east

interdasting.jpg

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Nets reach out to Celtics about Kevin Garnett

06.26.13 at 7:59 am ET By Jerry Spar

According to a report in the New York Daily News, Nets general manager Billy King called the Celtics about the availability of Kevin Garnett but has not heard back from Boston.
Garnett, 37, has a no-trade clause in his contract and said last season he would not waive it. However, that was before coach Doc Rivers left. The 15-time NBA All-Star has two years and $24.4 million remaining on his deal. He averaged 14.8 points and 7.8 rebounds last season.
The Nets have the 22nd overall pick in Thursday’s draft. They also reportedly are trying to trade guard MarShon Brooks.
Garnett played alongside new Nets coach Jason Kidd on the 2000 U.S. Olympic team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins Should Be Proud They Made Hawks Work For Cup

By Matt Kalman, CBS Boston

June 25, 2013 10:56 PM

Share on email
View Comments
bruins7.jpg
Zdeno Chara #33 of the Boston Bruins skates by his teammates moments after losing the Stanley Cup to the Chicago Blackhawks. (Photo by Gail Oskin/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) – Here’s how you can sum up the Bruins’ run through the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
It took a major miracle to extend the drive for the Cup past the first round, and it took a minor miracle for the Chicago Blackhawks to end the Bruins championship dreams.
In between, the Bruins proved they were the class of the Eastern Conference. And then when it came to the title of the most dominant team in the NHL, they were second best. There’s no reason for them to hang their heads.
There were far more positives during the Bruins’ run, starting with the 3-1 lead they grabbed on Toronto in the first round, and then the comeback for the ages against the Maple Leafs in the third period of Game 7. That they needed just nine games to eliminate the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins showed that the consecutive losses to Toronto leading up to that Game 7 were just a bump in the road.

After sweeping the “world’s best players” and the rest of the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins maintained mostly the same level of play, even as their injuries (publicized and behind the scenes) piled up. The only things that changed were the caliber of the opponent, and the bounces.
Those two aspects of the game are linked. The Blackhawks were by far the best team the Bruins faced and the best team in the NHL this season. They proved that with their record-breaking start to the regular season and their .750 winning percentage in the regular season and playoffs. Teams with that much talent, when they play as well as they can, typically earn the breaks and the bounces. Thus, Dave Bolland was in the right place at the right time for the game-winning goal in Game 6 Monday.
There are two ways to look at what happened to the Maple Leafs in the first round and the Bruins against Chicago in the Cup finals. Truly, you shouldn’t look at either as a collapse but as the product of talent and determination rising to the occasion. The Bruins took the victory from the Maple Leafs just as the Blackhawks took the Cup from the Bruins.
Maybe a team can feel more pride when it pushes a series to seven games before losing. Considering all the overtimes in the Bruins-Blackhawks series, and the closeness of the total score (17-15 Chicago), the Bruins can puff their chests, once they’re healthy and awake enough, knowing they didn’t let any ounce of energy go to waste.

There were certainly alarming issues that arose during the Cup finals for the Bruins, like the continued inability of Tyler Seguin to score, the slow play of Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg, and the disappearing act of Brad Marchand. But there’ll be plenty of time to tackle those issues, and analyze and solve them.
As the Blackhawks plan for their parade, their appearances on David Letterman and other celebratory events, and the Bruins get ready to clean out their lockers, it’s worth remembering that a team that was 10 minutes away from a first-round exit forced the best team in the league to play nearly perfect hockey to win the Cup.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After sweeping the “world’s best players” and the rest of the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins maintained mostly the same level of play, even as their injuries (publicized and behind the scenes) piled up. The only things that changed were the caliber of the opponent, and the bounces."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That lead everyone to label the Bruins the favors. Sweeping the Pens made up for the Leafs escape and the article is right that the Hawks would had to work for the win.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From now on, I will no longer tell people to "shut the fuck up", instead...I will just kindly ask you to Arod yourself.

Can't wait for the 3 ring affair to really get some traction when he comes back...should be just the major distraction that team needs down the stretch.

Nice GM yah got over there...way to put out fires Cashman...:laugh3:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Nets reach out to Celtics about Kevin Garnett

06.26.13 at 7:59 am ET By Jerry Spar

According to a report in the New York Daily News, Nets general manager Billy King called the Celtics about the availability of Kevin Garnett but has not heard back from Boston.
Garnett, 37, has a no-trade clause in his contract and said last season he would not waive it. However, that was before coach Doc Rivers left. The 15-time NBA All-Star has two years and $24.4 million remaining on his deal. He averaged 14.8 points and 7.8 rebounds last season.
The Nets have the 22nd overall pick in Thursday’s draft. They also reportedly are trying to trade guard MarShon Brooks.
Garnett played alongside new Nets coach Jason Kidd on the 2000 U.S. Olympic team.

Uggg...Marashon Brooks fucking sucks....they want a late 1st rounder for him? Can the C's get a late 1st rounder for Sheldon Williams too?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After sweeping the “world’s best players” and the rest of the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins maintained mostly the same level of play, even as their injuries (publicized and behind the scenes) piled up. The only things that changed were the caliber of the opponent, and the bounces."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That lead everyone to label the Bruins the favors. Sweeping the Pens made up for the Leafs escape and the article is right that the Hawks would had to work for the win.

such a great series

bruins were just the 2nd best team in hockey in a short season...i can live with that

PS why do you people TP coaches houses?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From now on, I will no longer tell people to "shut the fuck up", instead...I will just kindly ask you to Arod yourself.

Can't wait for the 3 ring affair to really get some traction when he comes back...should be just the major distraction that team needs down the stretch.

Nice GM yah got over there...way to put out fires Cashman...:laugh3:

cant recall another GM telling a player to shut the fuck up, publicly

as in "shut the fuck up"

:laugh3:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggg...Marashon Brooks fucking sucks....they want a late 1st rounder for him? Can the C's get a late 1st rounder for Sheldon Williams too?

well hes played in france the last year or so

:noidea: