• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

carter possible for game 2

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why would you put him on the wing? you would want him at center because as good as we have been without him, we absolutely need someone to win faceoffs for us, because we are getting killed in faceoffs

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with Scott. Not only are they not going to rush him back as long as they keep winning, but when he does come back, chances are they'll ease him into the lineup, keep his minutes down a bit and let him play on the Power Play.

Carter being a wing with Giroux and JVR would be perfect. I wouldn't even TOUCH those first two lines...unless you move Carcillo down to the 4th line and put Carter with Richards and Gags. But again, ease him into it.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I was first excited to hear about carter, but with how we are playing right now we do not even absolutely need him yet. I have been impressed with Nodl's play lately so I think the only subtraction we can make is Asham. Leino has been dominant with the puck so he isnt going anywhere

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand where you guys are coming from, but faceoffs in the Boston series (especially on the penalty kill) really hurt us and caused the Bruins to get some extended oppurtunities in the zone. Don't downplay how important it is, we can get away with it against a team like Montreal but not against a team like Chicago, if we make it that far.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we won that series by scoring goals. giroux was like 7 of 12 on faceoffs tonight.

i also say powe goes. he took some bad penalties last series. i like the jvr giroux and asham line so keep that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you gotta put him in the lineup if he's good to go and cant hurt himself more just by playing (obviously if he takes another puck to the feet he's not gunna be pleased).. but just from skating..

and i like moving him to wing.. he plays like a wing in the offensive zone anyway.. as far as where to put him.. thats where the trouble comes in.. i've editted this post 3 times now cause i dont know where to put him.. at this current moment i say on richards line for carcillo.. carcillo to the 4th and powe to the press box

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news for the Flyers and bad news for the Habs. But they shouldn't rush him back, as they say "if it aint broke don't fix it" no question they could use him but if things are going well give him time to be 100%

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize you could put Carter on the wing, but still let him take all the draws, right? :D

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with the powe comment. From what I have seen he has been somewhat of a non-factor. Earlier it was his grit and his hustle that kept him in the lineup. Now that our entire team is actually playing like that (finally), it is making him look bad. I'd say Powe or Asham need to go and ease Carter (slowlyyyy) back into the lineup .

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you get him in a game as soon as he physically can do it. He will need 2-4 games to make sure he can stay out there, and to get his legs. Get that going ASAP.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was our best faceoff guy. As someone said above he can play wing and take some important draws. Not such a bad thing to have 2 centers for key draws.

He is going to need a few days to get back into shape. If cleared look for game 4.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do any Flyer fans think that the roster shouldn't be messed with until something goes awry? Not trying to be a doosh. I just kinda figured it had to have crossed somebodies mind.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i thought of it. that is why i basically just put carter and laperierre into spots. i did not change the entire team for them. my guess is (and writers have been saying this also) that they will not be put into the lineup until they are healthy unless the flyers really need them. the briere and giroux line have been good and i did not even touch those lines.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carts can honestly take the rigors of a full game at full speed...then I'm all for him coming back like -- yesterday and I don't care where Lavy puts him either. If he can't hack it completely, then I think he should cool his heels in the press box until that day comes.

I mean, we all know the guy is dying to get in there and contribute, but if he ain't right....it ain't time. That's just my .02.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goddamn Leino! Everytime he touched the puck in Detroit, he was blasted like a rag doll. Seriously, I saw his helmet fly off i don't know how many times!! AND now all of the sudden he's got a set of balls and hands! He dug a quick hole and tried too hard to get out of it in Detroit, imo. Fresh start did wonders.