• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina game

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle of 4-1 teams! Winner becomes the NFC leader I would think, though the Packers could also have a 5-1 record.

I think this will be our toughest test so far this season, because of the short week and the fact we are still missing some guys due to injuries. But if we can somehow win... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Looks like Lane Johnson will likely be out, but Fletcher Cox may be able to return.

Eagles are a three-point underdog on the road. That sounds about right. This one could come down to the rookie kicker.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug: Run the ball, and go heavy with Blount. Ball control can stifle Newton. Yes, it can come down to Elliott winning the game at the end.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles absolutely need to win this game. they have a favorable schedule the rest of the way, as do the packers. but the packers will also have to play the panthers (who have to play the falcons twice.)

so i'd expect to see the packers at possibly 12-13 wins while the rest battle to peak out at 9-11. the eagles can steal that #2 spot if they beat carolina and hold their consistent play down the stretch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am less worried about keeping up with the Joneses in the NFC and more focused on just methodically winning as many games as possible and winning the division in Wentz's second season. If we can even go 10-6 and win the NFC East and host a playoff game, that would be huge. That's starting to look possible. I don't think this team is quite ready yet to compete for a Super Bowl, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised. No doubt Wentz has exceeded expectations.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home teams win Thursday Night games around 64% of the time ... and when the home team has a winning record, that percentage grows even more. Cam's been scorching hot the past 2 weeks and with our weakness being our 2ndary ... we have our work cut out for us. That being said, Wentz is coming off a career game himself and the confidence is high. This will be his prime time opportunity to shine! Should be a good one.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stat I came across on the ESPN Power Rankings (which list us 4th overall btw). The Panthers are listed 6th on their Power Rankings ... so 4 vs 6 on Thursday.

The Eagles have converted a league-best 53 percent of third downs, and they've averaged a league-best 35 minutes, 32 seconds of possession this season.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stat I came across on the ESPN Power Rankings (which list us 4th overall btw). The Panthers are listed 6th on their Power Rankings ... so 4 vs 6 on Thursday.

The Eagles have converted a league-best 53 percent of third downs, and they've averaged a league-best 35 minutes, 32 seconds of possession this season.

Big change from Chip "who cares if I wear out my defense" Kelly

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am less worried about keeping up with the Joneses in the NFC and more focused on just methodically winning as many games as possible and winning the division in Wentz's second season. If we can even go 10-6 and win the NFC East and host a playoff game, that would be huge. That's starting to look possible. I don't think this team is quite ready yet to compete for a Super Bowl, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised. No doubt Wentz has exceeded expectations.

homefield and the bye is everything. and you never take anything for granted. most people were just happy the phils were on the rise in 2008.. but it turned out to be their only championship in that mini run. then we all know what the flyers did right after that. if not for a ridiculous hawks team, they could have pulled the cup out of nowhere.

with a somewhat healthy defense, the eagles have the capability to knock off anyone at home. a couple of wins and you're in the big game, where anything can happen. the falcons pulled it off last year (except for the obvious superbowl choke.) if the eagles have to win 3 games instead of 2 to get to the superbowl, especially on the road, the odds are just so much lower.

if they can beat carolina, they have a very good shot at going 7-1 with an upcoming bye week for rest.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are apparently pretty banged up, especially in the secondary. Safety Kurt Coleman (remember him?) reportedly isn't going to play.

I always liked Coleman. He was a good 7th round pick who seemed like a decent backup type, but I never envisioned him developing into a solid starter like he has.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That combination is winning football.

So nice to have a QB that can sling it on 3rd down.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a Thursday Night game worth caring about.

It'll probably still suck since the teams don't get to practice much.

Expecting some sloppy football and lots of zebra time so the ref can get on TV for his family.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night games are must miss TV for me. Unfortunately I'll have to tune in as an Eagles fan this week. I expect a loss. There just a lot working against a win this week. If they do win, it signifies to me they are a Super Bowl contender ahead of schedule.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to split over the next two games which make Thursdays game huge. If we beat Carolina then I think we make the playoffs with a win over the Skins. We would go into the bye 7-1 with 3 straight home games.
This is our playoff stretch right now. Lose both and I see 9-7, 8-8. Win both and it's on. Could you imagine going into the bye 7-1? Honestly 6-2 would really work

Big freaking game Thursday. 2 weeks from now we will know if we are a playoff team or not

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, at the bye week, we will have played 9 games, so we could be 8-1, 7-2, 6-3, 5-4, etc.
Good thinking though.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night games are must miss TV for me. Unfortunately I'll have to tune in as an Eagles fan this week. I expect a loss. There just a lot working against a win this week. If they do win, it signifies to me they are a Super Bowl contender ahead of schedule.

This has been my thoughts as well. I detest Thursday night games, even more so that the Iggs have one this week against a really good team. I know it cuts both ways for each team. That said...it's on the road too. Obviously this could be won by which team prepares best on the short week to play another really good team.

For me the measuring stick is competing...being in the game. I will take all the wins, but I won't regret this being a loss if the competition is there. Winning is always the goal. Short of that...show me you deserve to be in this competition, stupidly played on short rest as it is.

Then take the long break to prepare for the Skins. While competing for conference playoff seeding is a fun idea I care more about the Skins game coming, as winning the division was as far as my expectation could stretch just a few weeks back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my thoughts as well. I detest Thursday night games, even more so that the Iggs have one this week against a really good team. I know it cuts both ways for each team. That said...it's on the road too. Obviously this could be won by which team prepares best on the short week to play another really good team.

For me the measuring stick is competing...being in the game. I will take all the wins, but I won't regret this being a loss if the competition is there. Winning is always the goal. Short of that...show me you deserve to be in this competition, stupidly played on short rest as it is.

Then take the long break to prepare for the Skins. While competing for conference playoff seeding is a fun idea I care more about the Skins game coming, as winning the division was as far as my expectation could stretch just a few weeks back.

I hate Thursday games too. But this game is for home field, no matter where and when it's played. The Packers play the Panthers later in the year. The Panthers and Falcons will play twice. You don't get many chances in this league, this could be the year.

As someone else said the Phillies were supposed to win many and they only won their first.

These are two of the top teams in football, two of the top QBs in football. It's ready, go, and play like it's for all the marbles.

If we lose it can be excused and the division, or more, can still be won, but it's better to let the record do the talking.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 23
Panthers 21