• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Rogers...

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd wait till at least mid-way through the season and then judge. Paying him now won't make him play any harder and a drop-off is possible.

I would at least begin discussing it with him so he knows the niners appreciate his effort. I do agree though on waiting to ink it until later. He is a veteran, I wouldn't think he would stop trying because he got paid.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would at least begin discussing it with him so he knows the niners appreciate his effort. I do agree though on waiting to ink it until later. He is a veteran, I wouldn't think he would stop trying because he got paid.

It's a good idea to open discussions, but it's a two way process. We can definitely let him know he's an integral part of the family, and that he can be the centerpiece of our defensive backfield for this up and coming team.

There's a lot of variables. He might want to lock in to avoid injury risk. He might buy into his chances of winning here and want sign early. But he's probably more inclined to wait it out for a big contract to finish his career. Even if he wants to re-sign with us, you have to figure he waits and negotiates in the upcoming favorable FA market with how well he's been playing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
has Rogers been to a SB yet? Braylon Edwards?

ok, i know this isn't a big factor BUT, if they see an potential SB team in these 9ers.......

yes, it won't be this year and not likely next, but its something these guys will consider. if they 'fit in' well with this team, a little more money might not sway them enough?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills me to see you guys talk about 'Los in such a good way. Not that you aren't correct, but that he didn't play like this for us. I always liked the guy, and he usually seemed to be in the right play; he just could not catch the ball to save his life. it was like QB's just knew that there was no downside to throwing at him, even if he was in good coverage. So frustrating.

Like I said, though, I like the guy and I'm glad he is doing well for you guys. I guess he just needed a change of scenery.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills me to see you guys talk about 'Los in such a good way. Not that you aren't correct, but that he didn't play like this for us. I always liked the guy, and he usually seemed to be in the right play; he just could not catch the ball to save his life. it was like QB's just knew that there was no downside to throwing at him, even if he was in good coverage. So frustrating.

Like I said, though, I like the guy and I'm glad he is doing well for you guys. I guess he just needed a change of scenery.

The time he's put in on the Juggs machine thanks to our coaches is paying off.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting tidbit on that WR screen that Rogers blew up... He said that he remembered that play because it's the same play the Bucs used against the Redskins when Rogers was there...

The quote was - "Rogers said he remembered that play from two years ago when he faced the Bucs as member of the Washington Redskins."

Either the Bucs ran the play multiple times (or Rogers got burned multiple times) or he has one heck of a memory! That is crazy that he remembers a play from a game two years back!

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With our coaching staff in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised if they never thought of that. :L (pre-Shanny, I mean).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good point, they did mention in the game something along the lines that the safeties work on that Wednesday? and then the CBs work on the jugs on Thursday? And Carlos Rogers is there both days.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Bringing Ed Donatell to the coaching staff was one of Harbaughs best moves.

I said it at the time and still feel like he may have been his best hire. I realize thats debatable but when he was with the Packers as their DC, they led the NFL in takeaways. A lot of that has to do with coaching IMO.
Rogers has done a great job so far but props to these coaches. They only had what a month to work with these guys as well?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The quote was - "Rogers said he remembered that play from two years ago when he faced the Bucs as member of the Washington Redskins."

Either the Bucs ran the play multiple times (or Rogers got burned multiple times) or he has one heck of a memory! That is crazy that he remembers a play from a game two years back!

i dunno, when watching the replay it appeared he knew the play before the snap? wouldn't teams run multiple plays out of the same formation? if so, how could he know it would be THAT play?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, when watching the replay it appeared he knew the play before the snap? wouldn't teams run multiple plays out of the same formation? if so, how could he know it would be THAT play?

Formation, personnel, down, distance, field position, luck. ;)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly, i feel it was some luck. if he had guessed wrong, maybe given up a BIG play?

Depends on the coverage, really. What if it was a cover 2 look and he had safety help up top? He might have been doing exactly what the coaches told him to. May forever remain a mystery...besides. Ever heard the saying, "better to be lucky than good" ? ;)

Disclaimer : The above post had nothing to do with the next draft or a alleged future phenom QB of said draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depends on the coverage, really. What if it was a cover 2 look and he had safety help up top? He might have been doing exactly what the coaches told him to. May forever remain a mystery...besides. Ever heard the saying, "better to be lucky than good" ? ;)

Disclaimer : The above post had nothing to do with the next draft or a alleged future phenom QB of said draft.

haaa.

yep, can't argue with 'better to be lucky than good". so far this season luck has bounced our way.