• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals pitching phenom Michael Wacha

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's the night. Would sure be nice to see the Royals rough him up.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back home from the game. Wound up being a 14 hour trip and I only live 2 hours away. Kid had a great start today and I met his aunt at about 2am, she seemed nice. It was a long night and I'm ready for bed but it was great to see him pitch well!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back home from the game. Wound up being a 14 hour trip and I only live 2 hours away. Kid had a great start today and I met his aunt at about 2am, she seemed nice. It was a long night and I'm ready for bed but it was great to see him pitch well!

No kidding! How many stayed? :omg:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough Royals fans to fill 1 row behind their dugout and about twice that number of Cards fans. There were some people who came in around 2:30 who had closed down the bars downtown and walked over and got in. Pretty much all the event staff had left, even the PA announcer was a new guy when it resumed.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used over a pallet of diamond dry on the field and had to use ushers as the ball boys down the lines because they had left.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's the night. Would sure be nice to see the Royals rough him up.

Haha! No such luck. The Royals had one shot at winning- and his name was Mitchell Boggs. More on that later.

Enough Royals fans to fill 1 row behind their dugout and about twice that number of Cards fans. There were some people who came in around 2:30 who had closed down the bars downtown and walked over and got in. Pretty much all the event staff had left, even the PA announcer was a new guy when it resumed.

I fell asleep on the couch watching a documentary on Frank Robinson. And I woke up around 2:45 a.m. and heard that the Cardinals and Royals would resume play around 2:50 or 3:00. I thought I was having a really strange dream. And I didn't even drink any beer before I went to bed. :laugh3:

So I stayed with it and watched it until the bitter end. And yes, I was bitter, all because Michael Wacha's brilliant debut was wasted by shitty management and an even shittier pitcher. I can't be too hard on Mike Matheny when he manages the team with the best record in baseball. But what in the hell was he smoking...I mean thinking when he inserted Boggs into a one-run game? Even if Mujica and Rosenthal needed the rest, Matheny could've left Seth Maness in the game, or he could've gone to Joe Kelly instead. I would've given the ball to Jose Oquendo before I'd even think about giving it to Boggs in a situation like that. I think Matheny has done a great job with this team overall, but this was hands down the worst managing decision he's ever made.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha had his hands full with Arizona's offense tonight. But thanks to the Cardinals' offense, and the third base umpire, at least he didn't get tagged with the loss.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching Heath Bell lock it down for the D'backs. The Cardinals looked miserable leaving the dugout. Those must be draining losses!

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Cardinals made it an interesting game, but they wasted a lot of late opportunities. The rubber game of the series is going to be tough because Joe Kelly is starting (he's been in the bullpen so far this season; how long will he last?) and since every active pitcher in the bullpen except for Randy Choate was on the mound tonight.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3