• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals at Bears

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't possibly give any less fucks.

I see zero reason to rush an injured Fields back onto the field to play for a dead man-walking coach, in a spent season. Nor do I feel he's even earned it, to warrant discussion.

No no no....don't deflect like a dipshit. You're smarter than that.

My criticism was directly aimed at you saying Dalton should start because he was a Pro Bowler in the past. You know that.

A simple look at the stats will easily show that Dalton's played better. I don't even know what the discussion is?

Yes, Dalton's stats are certainly mind blowing.
Fields is a long way from being a successful NFL QB, IMO. Lotsa talent, but can't read a D for shit, and doesn't trust his receivers(and this was when we had a couple worth their weight in shit).
Yes....he's a very long way. But he isn't gonna get there sitting on the bench. Reps is what he needs.

He can read a defense. He needs receivers that separate. Bears receivers rank dead last in the league in separation. That's why Dalton doesn't throw down the field. That's why Fields holds the ball too long.

Fields has to learn to check down. He has to learn to give up on a play. He has to learn when to run and when to stay. He won't learn any of that on film or the bench.
If I had my druthers, Nagy wouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of Fields, like a sex offender to an elementary school.
I get it but I go back to my ask from another thread where I've asked someone to name a QB that was ruined by a coach. Everyone says it "happens all the time" but no one has named a specific QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no....don't deflect like a dipshit. You're smarter than that.

My criticism was directly aimed at you saying Dalton should start because he was a Pro Bowler in the past. You know that.

Yes, Dalton's stats are certainly mind blowing.

Yes....he's a very long way. But he isn't gonna get there sitting on the bench. Reps is what he needs.

He can read a defense. He needs receivers that separate. Bears receivers rank dead last in the league in separation. That's why Dalton doesn't throw down the field. That's why Fields holds the ball too long.

Fields has to learn to check down. He has to learn to give up on a play. He has to learn when to run and when to stay. He won't learn any of that on film or the bench.

I get it but I go back to my ask from another thread where I've asked someone to name a QB that was ruined by a coach. Everyone says it "happens all the time" but no one has named a specific QB.
To say a QB can't be ruined is the same as saying they can't be coached up, and your question is unanswerable. We'll never know which QBs have been ruined. You could argue, all of them that didn't make it. I mean they certainly were good enough to make the NFL. What goes wrong? Are we just gonna use cliches, like..."They just didn't have IT."

Nobody said Dalton's stats were mind blowing, but even at that mediocrity, it is still waaay better than Fields, and as I said, reps are great, except when your team sucks a bag of dicks.

I think we're lucky that he's escaped this season relatively unscathed. I STILL see no reason to rush him back.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say a QB can't be ruined is the same as saying they can't be coached up, and your question is unanswerable. We'll never know which QBs have been ruined. You could argue, all of them that didn't make it. I mean they certainly were good enough to make the NFL. What goes wrong? Are we just gonna use cliches, like..."They just didn't have IT."
So every QB that didn't become a success at the NFL level was ruined by a coach?

I'm not saying a QB can't be ruined. I'm asking.....if it truly "happens all time" why can't anyone here name 1 guy? Seems odd to me.
Nobody said Dalton's stats were mind blowing, but even at that mediocrity, it is still waaay better than Fields, and as I said, reps are great, except when your team sucks a bag of dicks.
Reps seemed to help guys like Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and others.

Matthew Stafford played on some really bad teams....were all his reps for nothing?

I think we're lucky that he's escaped this season relatively unscathed. I STILL see no reason to rush him back.

If he's the future and if he's medically cleared....he should play. Nothing else makes sense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every QB that didn't become a success at the NFL level was ruined by a coach?

I'm not saying a QB can't be ruined. I'm asking.....if it truly "happens all time" why can't anyone here name 1 guy? Seems odd to me.

Reps seemed to help guys like Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and others.

Matthew Stafford played on some really bad teams....were all his reps for nothing?

If he's the future and if he's medically cleared....he should play. Nothing else makes sense.
You ever had a cracked rib?

Regarding all those QBs...did those teams have better options? Cuz we do.

They were 3-2, before a 5 game skid. Only one those 5 did Fields even remotely look like an NFL QB, and we still lost.(Mind you, the refs had more to do with that one than Fields)

I'm inclined to believe the Bears would've been able to pull off a couple two/three wins out of those, with Dalton at QB. Cleveland, SF, Balt., Pitt, maybe?

I'm all for developing young talent, but not at the expense of the team. I think the Bears should've went back to Dalton when he was healthy. It's my opinion, and I don't really care if you agree or not.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever had a cracked rib?

More than once.
Regarding all those QBs...did those teams have better options? Cuz we do.

The guy that threw 4 picks yesterday? That generally averages less than 7 yards per attempt?

They were 3-2, before a 5 game skid. Only one those 5 did Fields even remotely look like an NFL QB, and we still lost.(Mind you, the refs had more to do with that one than Fields)

Well yeah....he's a rookie. Rookie QBs generally look sorta crappy. And then they grow. You know how they grow? By playing football. What a novel concept.
I'm inclined to believe the Bears would've been able to pull off a couple two/three wins out of those, with Dalton at QB. Cleveland, SF, Balt., Pitt, maybe?

And what long term good comes from winning a few more games with Dalton (You're attempting to prove a negative here but I'll go with it) and maybe being in the hunt or even squeaking into the playoffs and then getting blasted by a contender?

We did that last season. We had a very mediocre QB...barely made the playoffs....got creamed on Nickelodeon. Is that what you want to do again?

Now weight that against playing the rookie that can be the answer this franchise has searched for for over 100 years now. Letting him play and learn and grown and preparing him to be better later.

Which one of those scenarios bring more value to this franchise in the long term?
I'm all for developing young talent, but not at the expense of the team. I think the Bears should've went back to Dalton when he was healthy. It's my opinion, and I don't really care if you agree or not.

Expense of what? What was this team going to win this season?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton played the first game of the season with a mostly healthy roster around him against a legit NFL team and got embarrassed.

Averaged 5.42 yards per attempt I believe and the team scored a grand total of 14 points with 7 of that coming on a Fields run in.

2 victories...1 being the Bengals game he was forced to exit and the other against the formidable Detroit Lions where the Bears again scored a grant total of 16 points.

Anyone that says Dalton gives this team the best chance to win with a serious face needs therapy. This team is bad. Really bad. It was always going to be bad this season. They don't have a #2 corner. They don't have a nickelback. Safety play continues to regress. The receivers can't separate consistently. Offensive line play has been average to brutal at times. This isn't a good football team. Playing a veteran QB that doesn't move the needle for this franchise in any direction is simple a waste of time for everybody.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton played the first game of the season with a mostly healthy roster around him against a legit NFL team and got embarrassed.

Averaged 5.42 yards per attempt I believe and the team scored a grand total of 14 points with 7 of that coming on a Fields run in.

2 victories...1 being the Bengals game he was forced to exit and the other against the formidable Detroit Lions where the Bears again scored a grant total of 16 points.

Anyone that says Dalton gives this team the best chance to win with a serious face needs therapy. This team is bad. Really bad. It was always going to be bad this season. They don't have a #2 corner. They don't have a nickelback. Safety play continues to regress. The receivers can't separate consistently. Offensive line play has been average to brutal at times. This isn't a good football team. Playing a veteran QB that doesn't move the needle for this franchise in any direction is simple a waste of time for everybody.
Nah dude...the team is not THAT bad. Hell, the difference between good and bad in the NFL in general is not that drastic. We have some good young pieces on offense, and a couple of stud young players on D. I think we're quietly building a good team. I want the kid to get reps too, but if there is next to zero progress over 7 weeks, and it feels as if he is gonna get himself killed every week, it tends to lose it's luster a bit, as a fan. If and when he's healthy, sure, throw him in there now that the season is actually over.

I'm never for throwing the towel in, in week 5. That's in line with tanking for draft picks. It's lame.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah dude...the team is not THAT bad. Hell, the difference between good and bad in the NFL in general is not that drastic. We have some good young pieces on offense, and a couple of stud young players on D.

Okay. So how's our #2 corner doing? And the NB? Because metrics say they are near the bottom of the league. And clearly depth on defense was poor because with injuries the defense looks really bad right now.
I think we're quietly building a good team
You also think Dalton is good.
I want the kid to get reps too, but if there is next to zero progress over 7 weeks, and it feels as if he is gonna get himself killed every week, it tends to lose it's luster a bit, as a fan.
Who gives a shit about luster and fans? Your enjoyment watching the game means absolutely nothing.
I'm never for throwing the towel in, in week 5. That's in line with tanking for draft picks. It's lame.
I never said anything about tanking. This team was never going to win a lot of games. That's simply reality. Thinking otherwise is delusional.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. So how's our #2 corner doing? And the NB? Because metrics say they are near the bottom of the league. And clearly depth on defense was poor because with injuries the defense looks really bad right now.

You also think Dalton is good.

Who gives a shit about luster and fans? Your enjoyment watching the game means absolutely nothing.

I never said anything about tanking. This team was never going to win a lot of games. That's simply reality. Thinking otherwise is delusional.
I bet you are tons of fun at a party.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More deflection because you can't argue the points being made.

I'm a fucking riot.
There is really no argument. It's mostly just you acting a like a rabid retard. I have my opinions, and you yours. The rest is just you not being able to handle someone a having a differing view.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not, dumbass.

Run around in circles of stupid all you want. Your words are your words. You either meant them or you didn't. In the end it doesn't matter because you got pecker slapped in this argument.

Have a great day.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run around in circles of stupid all you want. Your words are your words. You either meant them or you didn't. In the end it doesn't matter because you got pecker slapped in this argument.

Have a great day.
Oh boy, another internet battle won for you. I'm sure Mom will be proud of her little smoochkin.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd prolly feel bad about that, except yer kind of a kunt, so...

Unlike you...words from an anonymous person on my computer screen don't really alter my day much at all. So we're good here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike you...words from an anonymous person on my computer screen don't really alter my day much at all. So we're good here.
Meme Reaction GIF