• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardale Jones.......

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be right there with me if the kid was from LSU or Florida State.... Or anywhere but Columbus.

No, I wouldn't. He's a freak. Not sure what you were watching.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wouldn't. He's a freak. Not sure what you were watching.

He was a freak that happened to be surrounded by a dominant run game and an exceptional offensive line. Doesn't hurt to have OSUs receivers either. The kid might make it at the next level.... Or he might be a knucklehead and flame out after 2 years. I'm not willing to let three games make me declare him to be Cam Newton - That's just ridiculous.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got 3 games of film. That's it. Is Meyer dumb for having him 3rd string? If he's a sure-fire first rounder, what the hell are Miller and Barret? Immediate HOF'ers?

Get a grip. The kid came out, and showed a lot of balls, and talent...but please don't gloss over the impact the OL and running game had on this offense. The past 4 games, or whatever, this OL and RB dominated with over 200 yards per game. Jones made some throws, but teams were gearing up to stop the run....not Jones.

I completely agree with Grad on this...if he were from any other school, a few people on this board would be shouting "Jamarcus Russell all over again".

No hate because he's an OSU guy...I just love how he comes from nowhere, and after just 3 games, everyone is ready to call him a 1st round talent. Just stop. The insanity on this board at times is just amazing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a freak that happened to be surrounded by a dominant run game and an exceptional offensive line. Doesn't hurt to have OSUs receivers either. The kid might make it at the next level.... Or he might be a knucklehead and flame out after 2 years. I'm not willing to let three games make me declare him to be Cam Newton - That's just ridiculous.

A voice of reason amongs the insanity!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could it be that he was simply just playing for a really good team that he didn't need to rescue?

how many talented QBs do we never hear about because they are on their ass the entire game?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is arguing that he could be good. He's got a great arm, and is able to move around in the pocket nicely.

However, declaring that he is a 1st round pick after jsut 3 games in which the RB ran for nearly 8 yards in his 3 games at QB, and the defense was lights out.

I think it would be nice to see more before making some rash judgement, especially after only 3 games.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a QB that can manage a 2 minute drill without throwing an interception. We need a QB that's going to play smart and give us a chance to come back if we're down by 3 scores.

I think Dalton just gets pissed and starts aiming for the other team half the time. maybe he's drunk.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might the most ridiculous thread in the history of SportsHoopla. Lmao! This coming from an Ohio State fan from an entire family of Buckeyes fanatics.

1) Cardale Jones is not coming out
2) In no way is he NFL ready after 3 college starts. Yes, he was impressive and clearly has skills. But let's come back to reality here
3) The Bengals aren't drafting him. Nor any other QB.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton Miller will transfer. Which would be in his best interests for his immediate future. He could go to a program who is a QB away and possibly win the Heisman/compete for a championship. I wish he would stay and convert to an OW. A Swiss army knife player that could move all over the formation. It would be beneficial to his NFL future. I love Miller, but he is not an NFL QB. He's just not.

That leaves Cardale and Barrett to compete for the starting job. Honestly, I think that Cardale should be the starter next season. Continue to build off the momentum from this season. Gives Barrett a full year to recover from his broken leg. Barrett would be a red shirt sophomore with two years of eligibility left. Let Cardale start next season, then declare for the draft in 2016. Barrett then starts in 2016.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might the most ridiculous thread in the history of SportsHoopla. Lmao! This coming from an Ohio State fan from an entire family of Buckeyes fanatics.

1) Cardale Jones is not coming out
2) In no way is he NFL ready after 3 college starts. Yes, he was impressive and clearly has skills. But let's come back to reality here
3) The Bengals aren't drafting him. Nor any other QB.

Stop making so much sense!

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he comes out and some one grabs him in the mid to late rounds, after a year or two on the bench he switches to TE.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight.... This guy is a once in a lifetime physical talent that absolutely can't miss and yet he was content to sit on the bench as the third stringer? What's that mean for the guys that were ahead of him on the depth chart? Will they be joining him in Canton? Maybe he wasn't getting a fair shake from Urban and the crew.... If so, don't you think every other college coach in the country would have been at his door suggesting/begging him to transfer? None of you guys even knew who this kid was when you sat down to dinner on Thanksgiving and now he's a can't miss qb in the draft? Ridiculous.

I am not sure where you are getting this Canton and HOF talk from. My interests lie more with the fact that he doesn't buckle and fold under pressure. He is big, he can see over an NFL offensive line and wouldn't have so many balls batted right back in his face. I also like the fact that he has pocket awareness and can move around, and 310 pound DT's are like children to him that he can run over if need be. He doesn't go down easy and his arm is strong enough that he could probably over throw AJ Green rather than under throwing him every time.

Cardale Jones is raw, he needs some reps and he needs to hone his skills, but the intangibles are there. I think the reason he was 3rd string was his attitude. He was 2nd string in spring camps before he got lazy and Barrett passed him up in fall camps. I also think that Barrett has a lot of natural ability too, but Barrett is made more for Urban Meyers style of offense, which is not NFL capable. Cardale is more of a drop back type of passer, not a option, run first type of QB. He rather stand tall in the pocket and deliver a ball to someone else. However, he is not afraid to run if need be, and he is an absolute beast to take down.

Can you imagine a QB on the Bengals with the arm to throw the ball nearly 70 yards on the fly, while being able to help the offensive line out a little by being able to make defenders miss and buy his WR's an extra second or two to get open? If not, now a LB has to tackle a guy as big if not bigger than they are, with decent speed coming out of the backfield.

I love Cardale Jones specifically for the reasons we hate Andy Dalton, because he is Dalton's yang.

I am not anointing him anything, just that after a couple years, he could be a quality NFL QB if his mental skills catch up a little with his physical skills.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I'm the Bengals I take him round 2. That's right. You think Dandy Andy outplays him? You don't have to be a genius to play QB. Big Ben is a bag of hammers. and who gives a crap if he doesn't pan out. Picks don't work all the time. You have to take a chance on occasion. He has skills. arm, size, poise

We are the bengals, we have to do something

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Ohio State couldn't trade one of their QB's for a 5 star recruit!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure where you are getting this Canton and HOF talk from. My interests lie more with the fact that he doesn't buckle and fold under pressure. He is big, he can see over an NFL offensive line and wouldn't have so many balls batted right back in his face. I also like the fact that he has pocket awareness and can move around, and 310 pound DT's are like children to him that he can run over if need be. He doesn't go down easy and his arm is strong enough that he could probably over throw AJ Green rather than under throwing him every time.

Cardale Jones is raw, he needs some reps and he needs to hone his skills, but the intangibles are there. I think the reason he was 3rd string was his attitude. He was 2nd string in spring camps before he got lazy and Barrett passed him up in fall camps. I also think that Barrett has a lot of natural ability too, but Barrett is made more for Urban Meyers style of offense, which is not NFL capable. Cardale is more of a drop back type of passer, not a option, run first type of QB. He rather stand tall in the pocket and deliver a ball to someone else. However, he is not afraid to run if need be, and he is an absolute beast to take down.

Can you imagine a QB on the Bengals with the arm to throw the ball nearly 70 yards on the fly, while being able to help the offensive line out a little by being able to make defenders miss and buy his WR's an extra second or two to get open? If not, now a LB has to tackle a guy as big if not bigger than they are, with decent speed coming out of the backfield.

I love Cardale Jones specifically for the reasons we hate Andy Dalton, because he is Dalton's yang.

I am not anointing him anything, just that after a couple years, he could be a quality NFL QB if his mental skills catch up a little with his physical skills.

Please refrain from using this phrase ever again. Thank you.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Bengals I take him round 2. That's right. You think Dandy Andy outplays him? You don't have to be a genius to play QB. Big Ben is a bag of hammers. and who gives a crap if he doesn't pan out. Picks don't work all the time. You have to take a chance on occasion. He has skills. arm, size, poise

We are the bengals, we have to do something

First: He's not leaving.

Second: No. Not only no, but hell no.

Actually...let me do this again:

First: Dalton is the Bengals' QB. Period. It's not changing.

Second: He's not leaving

Third: No. Not only no, but hell no.

The guy has THREE FUCKING GAMES under his belt and people are now talking about him being in the 1st round, and yada yada yada...

My head hurts. Make it fucking stop.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Ohio State couldn't trade one of their QB's for a 5 star recruit!

Who cares?

Braxton will transfer.
Jones goes pro.
Barrett stays the starter.
OSU already has commitment from a top recruited QB to back Barrett.

Plus, after only one half of football in the NC game, the top RB in the country committed to OSU as well.

They don't need to trade for a 5 star recruit, they just keep getting them because they keep winning and Meyer is the head coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Braxton will transfer.
Jones goes pro.
Barrett stays the starter.
OSU already has commitment from a top recruited QB to back Barrett.

Plus, after only one half of football in the NC game, the top RB in the country committed to OSU as well.

They don't need to trade for a 5 star recruit, they just keep getting them because they keep winning and Meyer is the head coach.

Geez, I was kidding around. Although didn't hear the top RB has picked Ohio State, great news.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I was kidding around. Although didn't hear the top RB has picked Ohio State, great news.

I was saying it more in jest, not to start a fight. It was more like...who cares (in a fun voice), as we roll around in the embarrassment of riches that is OSU football.

*makes money angels* Cha-Ching!