• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CAR PROBLEMS - Accidents

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been t-boned by a pickup, killed a cow and drove into a garage at 40mph...for starters

how about you?

Freshlikeproduce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hit a stopped car while listening to a podcast and checking out girls who might of been 18

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hit a stopped car while listening to a podcast and checking out girls who might of been 18

hope you learned your lesson: Don't listen to podcasts while driving.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran through the back of my dads garage in his pickup when I was 14, driving a stick was trickier than I was expecting. Knocked his bigass tool box/drawers off the wall and it missed his boat by inches.

Slid through a intersection in the rain and got t-boned by a Ford Ranger about 8 yrs ago. Knocked me out and totaled my car. It also destroyed my Oakley Titaniums. :tsk:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran through the back of my dads garage in his pickup when I was 14, driving a stick was trickier than I was expecting. Knocked his bigass tool box/drawers off the wall and it missed his boat by inches.

Slid through a intersection in the rain and got t-boned by a Ford Ranger about 8 yrs ago. Knocked me out and totaled my car. It also destroyed my Oakley Titaniums. :tsk:

hope you learned your lesson: Cop your sunglasses at the Dollar Store.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
near miss

1970...was driving into Aspen on icebound old state-82 alongside the Roaring Fork River...my 1967 6-cylinder Firebird crammed with drunken stoned oblivious us...

came to the un-fenced cliffside S-curves just past Snowmass Rd...the Firebird kept going straight...car caught some traction at the last second (we could see the river 100' below), slipped back onto the road and continued without stopping...talk about an adrenaline rush...

about a half mile down the road, I said "that was the shits"...everybody caught their breath and started howling.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1970...was driving into Aspen on icebound old state-82 alongside the Roaring Fork River...my 1967 6-cylinder Firebird crammed with drunken stoned oblivious us...

came to the un-fenced cliffside S-curves just past Snowmass Rd...the Firebird kept going straight...car caught some traction at the last second (we could see the river 100' below), slipped back onto the road and continued without stopping...talk about an adrenaline rush...

about a half mile down the road, I said "that was the shits"...everybody caught their breath and started howling.

Holy shit, I bet that was scary as hell.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many years ago, I was sitting behind a Hearse at a red light, nodding off while heading home after the night shift. My attention was drawn to a very well endowed female jogging on the sidewalk. Out of my perriferal, I saw a car move. I hit the gas and rear ended the Hearse. Yes, they had a "passenger" :L

Not the stupidest thing I've ever done but it's on my top ten list.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I bet that was scary as hell.

yah...it was...but
probably wasn't near as scary as dealing with your dad after driving through his garage.

:laugh3:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many years ago, I was sitting behind a Hearse at a red light, nodding off while heading home after the night shift. My attention was drawn to a very well endowed female jogging on the sidewalk. Out of my perriferal, I saw a car move. I hit the gas and rear ended the Hearse. Yes, they had a "passenger" :L

Not the stupidest thing I've ever done but it's on my top ten list.

I guess #8.

:becky:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...it was...but
probably wasn't near as scary as dealing with your dad after driving through his garage.

:laugh3:

Oh I was scared shitless but, to my surprise, he wasn't mad at all. He told me I could try to pull the truck from the backyard to the front yard, and I would have had somebody not put that pesky garage there, so he looked at it as it being his fault, not mine since I had never drove a stick before. :yahoo:

Everything happened so fast lol.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had two good ones on ice....

In high school, I fishtailed my dad's small S-10 pickup, overcorrected, the front ended up in a ditch, and I flipped it. Rolled it right onto a stone wall. Engine was still running, but no peice of the body was not dented. I got a bloody nose and a lot of sand in my ears...

A while later, I did a 360 in my Integra. Crossed the road (avoided oncoming traffic) and smashed into a stone wall just off the other side of the road.

Something about stone walls....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for me...the 1st was in NJ, left turn @ light...I was nearly clear of the 2 lane intersection...guy tried to beat a yellow light going about 55 in a 45, clipped my rear end spun me into a 360...fortunate to have witnesses stay...turns out the light was red for him per witness...his insurance paid thankfully because I didn't have the deductible.

the second was just a couple of years ago...snowing...big deal in GA...there was a patch of black ice on a low area of a 4 lane road with a dividing median...car 1 goes thru and hits brakes just as she hit the patch (why Idk)...swerved and clipped the front end of a car in median, car 2 behind her also hits the car in the median, car 3 drives through doesn't hit brakes and makes it through, then decides to hit brakes looking at the cars that had crashed...while me, car 4 is ON the black ice...I have to brake...slide into the back of car 3, car 5 slides into the back of me.

5 car accident...no damage to the car I hit, very minor damage to my car, very minor damage tot he car that hit me...cops get there, questions me, other drivers...then comes back to me and said, do you want to be a party to this accident? I said yes...he said then I have to issue you a citation for following to closely as you ran into the back of X car, or you can not be a party to the accident and you are free to go.

Enough said...I was gone and car #5 was gone...it had to be funny to see it happening....if speed had really been a factor is would have been much worse..none of us were going much faster than 30mph.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for me...the 1st was in NJ, left turn @ light...I was nearly clear of the 2 lane intersection...guy tried to beat a yellow light going about 55 in a 45, clipped my rear end spun me into a 360...fortunate to have witnesses stay...turns out the light was red for him per witness...his insurance paid thankfully because I didn't have the deductible.

the second was just a couple of years ago...snowing...big deal in GA...there was a patch of black ice on a low area of a 4 lane road with a dividing median...car 1 goes thru and hits brakes just as she hit the patch (why Idk)...swerved and clipped the front end of a car in median, car 2 behind her also hits the car in the median, car 3 drives through doesn't hit brakes and makes it through, then decides to hit brakes looking at the cars that had crashed...while me, car 4 is ON the black ice...I have to brake...slide into the back of car 3, car 5 slides into the back of me.

5 car accident...no damage to the car I hit, very minor damage to my car, very minor damage tot he car that hit me...cops get there, questions me, other drivers...then comes back to me and said, do you want to be a party to this accident? I said yes...he said then I have to issue you a citation for following to closely as you ran into the back of X car, or you can not be a party to the accident and you are free to go.

Enough said...I was gone and car #5 was gone...it had to be funny to see it happening....if speed had really been a factor is would have been much worse..none of us were going much faster than 30mph.

Yep. You are always fucked if you rear-end someone. You're lucky to have had an nice patrolman.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You are always fucked if you rear-end someone. You're lucky to have had an nice patrolman.

I was lucky...probably did want all that extra paperwork if there was no damage, no injury.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky...probably did want all that extra paperwork if there was no damage, no injury.

were you around for Atlanta's 'SNOWJAM82?'
Storm hit town around noon Tuesday with a couple of hours' worth of freezing rain/snow mix...
by 4pm, a couple of inches covered the ice, and everybody scrammed for home...
few had any notion of driving in that shit...
mass hysteria, unbelievable chaos ensued...
100,000 cars were wrecked, stranded and abandoned that afternoon...
pictures/stories of thousands of commuter refugees trudging through the snowy streets reminded me of Germans retreating Russia...
was an amazing experience...I had a ball!

Southerners are not winter-wise drivers...not then...not now. Wifey's a teacher...gets 'snow days' off if winter weather (any accumulation of snow...any temp below freezing) is predicted. Atlanta still empties out minutes after rumors of 'flurries sighted in Birmingham' hit the circuit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were you around for Atlanta's 'SNOWJAM82?'

Southerners are not winter-wise drivers...not then...not now. Wifey's a teacher...gets 'snow days' off if winter weather (any accumulation of snow...any temp below freezing) is predicted. Atlanta still empties out minutes after rumors of 'flurries sighted in Birmingham' hit the circuit.

No...moved here Olympic Yr from NJ.

There's been 2 ice storms since we've been here but nothing like that...You have about 50% transplants here so some people do handle bad weather well, but those who don't can take down the best of bad weather drivers...if the southerners would stay home, it would be safer for all...lol.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheel flew off in into a Corn or Sugar Cane field as sun was setting outside of Bunkey La. August 26th 1997 (I was driving cross country to attend the Bucs opening game on Aug 31st 1997 13-6!!!!!)

Blew Water Pump 51 Miles from Ely, Nv and 50 Miles to Pioche, Nv. Hung out in the desert for about 5 hours in July...

Only major problems with my cars.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
My first accident in 27 years of driving was last March. Slid through a stop light pulling my skidloader and T-boned a woman. Took out 3 more cars before I finally came to rest, totaled 2 cars plus my truck...damn ice.