• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't speak inaccurately about my opinions when you choose to ignore them.
I asked a question because I didn't feel like sorting through your rambling

from what I can tell you hate "girl power"

did you hate Spice World too?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a big hubbub about the Black Panther movie being an "SJW" movie. I bet Marvel/Disney are ecstatic if people like Toadman are seeing it this way, because Black Panther kicked ass in revenue earnings. I'm still blown away that it outperformed Infinity War on a global scale. How is that even possible? I mean, Black Panther was a good movie, but I'm amazed that that sole character's movie (which I see as a B character in the Marvel Universe compared to the likes of Iron Man/Hulk/Thor/Captain America) outperformed the aggregate of all of them in one movie.

Either way, if you really hate "SJW" Toadman...Your best bet is to stop feeding the hype into it. Or the movies are going to continue to do so if they succeed on a Black Panther level.

FTR, after seeing Black Panther, I'm still not even sure what the big deal was. It was a good movie. People acted like it was a Michael Moore flick.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a question because I didn't feel like sorting through your rambling

from what I can tell you hate "girl power"
And, you're wrong.

If you'd read what I wrote, you'd know that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, you're wrong.

If you'd read what I wrote, you'd know that.
tenor.gif

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a big hubbub about the Black Panther movie being an "SJW" movie. I bet Marvel/Disney are ecstatic if people like Toadman are seeing it this way, because Black Panther kicked ass in revenue earnings. I'm still blown away that it outperformed Infinity War on a global scale. How is that even possible? I mean, Black Panther was a good movie, but I'm amazed that that sole character's movie (which I see as a B character in the Marvel Universe compared to the likes of Iron Man/Hulk/Thor/Captain America) outperformed the aggregate of all of them in one movie.

Either way, if you really hate "SJW" Toadman...Your best bet is to stop feeding the hype into it. Or the movies are going to continue to do so if they succeed on a Black Panther level.

FTR, after seeing Black Panther, I'm still not even sure what the big deal was. It was a good movie. People acted like it was a Michael Moore flick.
Does no one here read what I write? Jesus Christ, y'all argue against things I haven't said, or say things I contend or agree with in argument against me. I said Black Panther wasn't marketed as a SJW movie. SOME butt hurt people were making a stink before the movie because it was celebrated it was an all black cast and crew (which wasn't even true, Bilbo was in the movie, as was Gollum), but, Marvel/Disney didn't market it as one. Movies that advertise as SJW generally fail (ex: 2016 Ghostbusters).

FWIW I think this movie will make mad bank because it's a marvel movie. I also think people will come away disliking it. And again I HOPE I AM WRONG. It's just absurd that people here are trying to paint any criticism of this movie as misogyny. Especially given how big a fan I am of Wonder Woman. No one is actually counter arguing my valid points, they're just saying, "Toad hates female heroes", which is nonsense.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does no one here read what I write? Jesus Christ, y'all argue against things I haven't said, or say things I contend or agree with in argument against me. I said Black Panther wasn't marketed as a SJW movie. SOME butt hurt people were making a stink before the movie because it was celebrated it was an all black cast and crew (which wasn't even true, Bilbo was in the movie, as was Gollum), but, Marvel/Disney didn't market it as one. Movies that advertise as SJW generally fail (ex: 2016 Ghostbusters).

FWIW I think this movie will make mad bank because it's a marvel movie. I also think people will come away disliking it. And again I HOPE I AM WRONG. It's just absurd that people here are trying to paint any criticism of this movie as misogyny. Especially given how big a fan I am of Wonder Woman. No one is actually counter arguing my valid points, they're just saying, "Toad hates female heroes", which is nonsense.

I tend to throw all the right wing-oriented teeth-gnashing into a bucket. I guess we could argue those semantics all day...God knows people love to. The point is that everyone was all up in a tizzy about Black Panther and it was all smoke and mirrors. The movie wasn't some type of political brainwashing attempt. I highly doubt Captain Marvel will be either.

Nobody is going to be interested in counter-arguing any of your "valid" points when you haven't actually seen the movie. It would just be a pile of ignorance adding to itself.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

Discussing political issues about a movie is fine, but only to a point. I bring it up on occasion myself, but try to keep it quick (I am not perfect in that, but I TRY).

This line of discussion is OVER in this thread. Any extension of it will result in a week-long ban from the forum.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

Discussing political issues about a movie is fine, but only to a point. I bring it up on occasion myself, but try to keep it quick (I am not perfect in that, but I TRY).

This line of discussion is OVER in this thread. Any extension of it will result in a week-long ban from the forum.
I certainly don't want to catch a ban, but may I reply to Jiddy, or is the topic straight up done?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

This is Solomon Thomas' fault.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I am going to watch this movie is that I looked into the character and from what I have seen Captain Marvel isn't supposed to be a girly girl in the comics she would go to the bars and talk shit and get drunk with wolverine and talk about the military days.

But if they do make this into a SJW movie and she is a female version of captain America representing woman power im out son.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I am going to watch this movie is that I looked into the character and from what I have seen Captain Marvel isn't supposed to be a girly girl in the comics she would go to the bars and talk shit and get drunk with wolverine and talk about the military days.

But if they do make this into a SJW movie and she is a female version of captain America representing woman power im out son.
sealed-lips.jpg