• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. ALL stories have some element of 'justice' to them. The good guy wins or loses. It's totally inherent to storytelling.

What you're saying is that it's 'justice' you don't agree with.

I'm mean for crissakes Clint movies were all about 'justice.'

You just don't like that the protagonist in this, has tits and a vag.

At any rate, if you're bored, search Q's posts on the Spiderverse movie. Same criticism. But he was totally wrong. The movie was not just okay, it was EXCELLENT.

A good story is a good story, whether the protagonist is 'woke' or not.

And on Marvel marketing the movie as a 'social issue' film... wtf are you watching? Link a trailer and then show us something specific. I call bullshit.
Wrong. You're absolutely, infuriatingly wrong.

For starters social justice isn't JUSTICE. Justice doesn't need a modifier. Maybe you're ignorant of what social justice is, or what social justice warriors expound, or how bad Marvel has gotten at catering to nonexistent progressive fans, but don't seek to lecture me from a place of ignorance.

You also make assumptions about me despite not even knowing me. I don't dislike this protagonist because she has tits and a vag. I hate her character because she's (become) a shitty, disgusting character. Yknow what a top 5 comic book movie is for me? Wonder Woman. I love that movie, and her character. She's, well, a woman. So I don't dislike Carol Danvers because she's a chick. For fucks sake, Rogue was my favorite X-Man. I hate Danvers because she's a shrill third wave femenist Mary Sue SJW.

Agreed a good story is a good story. We've yet to see if this is a good story. I've formed my educated opinion on what I've seen. I could be wrong and it might be good. I hope I am and it is. But nothing I've thus seen makes me think I am.

Okay. In the first trailer, you can't even tell wtf the plot is. It's just a Larson and versions of her as a girl continually standing (symbolic reiteration), her character lecturing Fury she's a hero damnit (heroes don't have to seek validation as heroes, in fact, the best don't), the HER on screen (before it becoming Hero), etc. the more recent one? Starts with her and a female co-pilot talking about outperforming the boys, going higher, further, faster, etc. purely coincidence I'm sure, then there's Feige coming out and saying she's by far the stongest Marvel character. There's Larson making up things about the character hyping the flick, and of course she's on record saying we need woke movie critics and blames patriarchy for female movie failures. You don't see that as marketing this movie along a gender line rather than just a hero line, that's your...in my opinion...stubbornly defiant opinion. Yknow what movie didn't have to market itself as a FEMALE hero movie? Wonder Woman. Another movie that didn't market itself as a minority film? Black Panther. Oh. Also Into the Spideyverse. This movie? Marketed as "Girl Power", like it or you're a pig.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed a good story is a good story. We've yet to see if this is a good story.

That's my only gripe. All the rest is just noise. Your last paragraph totally invalidates that first part btw. You're hugely triggered, for whatever reason.

All justice is SOCIAL justice, because, mankind is a SOCIAL animal.

And stop the world I wanna' get off, Marvel markets to females now. Oh fuck!!!! Wimmenz watch movies too? Who knew?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth before Wonder Woman came out too.

Somehow as you admit, that turned out to be a solid movie.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my only gripe. All the rest is just noise. Your last paragraph totally invalidates that first part btw. You're hugely triggered, for whatever reason.

All justice is SOCIAL justice, because, mankind is a SOCIAL animal.

And stop the world I wanna' get off, Marvel markets to females now. Oh fuck!!!! Wimmenz watch movies too? Who knew?
Horse shit. For starters I will see it, but I CAN form, and have an opinion about the very cringy character (do you even read comics?), and how it's been marketed up to this point. I HOPE it's awesome. I have extreme doubts, and fears.

I am not in any way triggered. Clearly you, like most who use the term, don't know how to accurately use it. Valid complaints is not being triggered. Being triggered is behind an unhinged, soothing, emotional beast incapable of discernible thought. But, I'm sure it felt good to type?

You clearly are blind to the difference between marketing to women and virtue signaling on the basis the character is a woman. Got fucks sake, Aquaman was marketed to women with Momoa as a beefcake. I literally gave a year old example of a highly popular and successful big budget female superhero film, and the marketing for it (Wonder Woman) and this are night and day. Your stubborn refusal to see it speaks more about you than me.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New poster:

oiq47j9d8qe21.jpg
She looks constipated in that photo.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's be honest....Captain Marvel (as she's been written by SJW marvel for years now) is a SJW character, Larson is an outspoken woke feminist, and they've branded and marketed it as a social issue film, rather than a comic book movie. I am absolutely confident I'll hate it, and it'll be trash.

be more gay...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman superhero being strong hurts my feels... I'm going to hate this trash movie before I even see it because of my preconceived feelings of how these characters should act... again after not having watched the movie yet.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman superhero being strong hurts my feels... I'm going to hate this trash movie before I even see it because of my preconceived feelings of how these characters should act... again after not having watched the movie yet.
You done, shit head?

Why is it faggots ...even after amble argument and evidence.... hold to basic, brainless, bullshit rhetoric?

Oh. Right.

It's because they're hyper-shrill virtue signaling us er ultra woke cunts.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You done, shit head?

Why is it faggots ...even after amble argument and evidence.... hold to basic, brainless, bullshit rhetoric?

Oh. Right.

It's because they're hyper-shrill virtue signaling us er ultra woke cunts.

pointing out your idiocy == virtue signaling?

There's a man without a sandwich while Captain Marvel is saving the fictional world she lives in. Nobody is going to tell that story behind the story. Its going to take a low-T dude like you from Alabama to make it happen.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pointing out your idiocy == virtue signaling?

There's a man without a sandwich while Captain Marvel is saving the fictional world she lives in. Nobody is going to tell that story behind the story. Its going to take a low-T dude like you from Alabama to make it happen.
I guess when you can't win your argument, double down on baseless claims of misogyny. It's hilarious the lengths your beta cuck kind will go to to white knight and make excuses.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on Marvel marketing the movie as a 'social issue' film... wtf are you watching? Link a trailer and then show us something specific. I call bullshit.
they they do that fade from "her" to "a hero"

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is Toadman's issue "girl power"?

that's dumb

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when you can't win your argument, double down on baseless claims of misogyny. It's hilarious the lengths your beta cuck kind will go to to white knight and make excuses.

BINGO!

on my card I have across... White Knight, beta cuck, virtue signal, woke, and SJW. Didn't even need the free space.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!

on my card I have across... White Knight, beta cuck, virtue signal, woke, and SJW. Didn't even need the free space.
I'm glad you admit it. Must suck to be wrong and forced to act snarky knowing it.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth before Wonder Woman came out too.

Somehow as you admit, that turned out to be a solid movie.
I was notone of them. I was mad hyped for it, and it was outstanding. My only fear was with Gadot (thought her too skinny and d poor actress) but she knocked it out if the park.