• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it yesterday...

my biggest complaint was that the skrolls were the good guys... did not like that at all...

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it yesterday...

my biggest complaint was that the skrolls were the good guys... did not like that at all...

Only some. Remember, they are spread out across the universe.

I read an article where Feige said a secret invasion storyline is still possible. I don't know if he was blowing smoke or not though.

In the movie it seemed like they were near extinction but I'm sure they found a way to neuter Vision so I'm sure the producers could figure it out

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it yesterday...

Well it should have been somewhat less of a shock if we remember the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The kree were pretty awful from what was shown... not to mention Ronan being Kree and the villian in that movie.

I was sitting here watching it thinking... wasn't the Kree bad guys in the GotG movie, but I couldn't remember. Low and behold, they are. I also don't understand the Krees motivations. But personally, I thought the movie was barely mediocre. I gave it a 5/10. The writing was piss poor in my opinion. It honestly felt like whoever wrote it hadn't seen any of the previous MCU movies... and quite possibly hadn't written many movies in general (but to be fair, it could have been editting, directing, etc. as to why the movie was as bad as it was).

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Word is starting to come out that it appears there was large batches of seats, but had still been purchased online, across the US during the opening weekend, that were noticeably empty during showings.

Theater owners are claiming they've never seen anything like this before for an opening weekend, leading to speculation that Disney in a panic move, with all the bad press and Rotten Tomatoes fiasco, bought tons of tickets themselves to massively inflate box office numbers to make it appear as if the movie was still knocking it out of the park domestically, when the true numbers would of been very mediocre.

Makes sense considering what a shit for brains Brie Larson is and how much they rolled the dice on her being the new face of the Marvel universe.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Word is starting to come out that it appears there was large batches of seats, but had still been purchased online, across the US during the opening weekend, that were noticeably empty during showings.

Theater owners are claiming they've never seen anything like this before for an opening weekend, leading to speculation that Disney in a panic move, with all the bad press and Rotten Tomatoes fiasco, bought tons of tickets themselves to massively inflate box office numbers to make it appear as if the movie was still knocking it out of the park domestically, when the true numbers would of been very mediocre.

Makes sense considering what a shit for brains Brie Larson is and how much they rolled the dice on her being the new face of the Marvel universe.
Interesting, but not surprising. I went to see the movie in a county that is somewhat small, but still has 2 theatres. At the 700pm opening night showing, there was no line at the ticket window st no point, and there was maybe 30 people in the theatre during the movie. Compare that to when I went to the same theater to see Black Panther also on opening night and there was only a few empty seats.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

link?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

From the article, can you tell me whether the sources mentioned in the article, Just Pele or Jack Posobiec, are left- or right-leaning in their politics?

Asking for a friend....

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Word is starting to come out that haters of Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, in a panic move that their predictions of box office failure were so wrong, are spreading fake news and desperately making up nonsensical conspiracy theories. They want us to believe that the movie studio, afraid of losing money at the box office, decides to spend millions buying tickets for empty seats, even though that loses the studio even more money.

The source is this post on BoundingIntoComics based on tweets by Twitter account Just_Pele.

Surprise, surprise, both BoundingIntoComics and Just_Pele are among the Brie Larson and Captain Marvel haters who have been bashing the film since before its release. It's fake news.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theater was packed and everyone I know has seen the movie. I seriously doubt that the sales are padded

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, but not surprising. I went to see the movie in a county that is somewhat small, but still has 2 theatres. At the 700pm opening night showing, there was no line at the ticket window st no point, and there was maybe 30 people in the theatre during the movie. Compare that to when I went to the same theater to see Black Panther also on opening night and there was only a few empty seats.

7PM Thursday showing at the Marcus Renaissance in Sturtevant, WI was PACKED. Not a single empty seat. And that place is middle of nowhere.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

People also believe the earth is flat...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes when I buy tickets online for my local theater, they don't have anybody checking tickets at the top of the ramp, so the only way I'd have to "check in" would be to wait in line with the people purchasing. Fuck that noise... I just proceed to my seat. Does the theater care or think I'm a "no-show"?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes when I buy tickets online for my local theater, they don't have anybody checking tickets at the top of the ramp, so the only way I'd have to "check in" would be to wait in line with the people purchasing. Fuck that noise... I just proceed to my seat. Does the theater care or think I'm a "no-show"?

It's pretty clear that a majority of these people were buying tickets online for Captain Marvel, then sneaking into the latest Madea flick, but didn't want to get caught with the ticket stub.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theater was sold out, and me and my family had to buy the tickets several days in advance, and we still weren't able to be seated together.

(Assigned seating)