• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand by it dude... The Last Jedi was an abomination. Worst Star Wars experience of all time. I can forgive a producer/director for a terrible film where he/she tried to develop a story. I can't forgive a produce/director for pushing a PC agenda on us, while also making a shit movie.

"But the light speed explosion was so cool!"

Yah, fuck off. Anyone that thought the light speed explosion was cool should be shot. No trial, shot.
Keep in mind, I am not defending The Last Jedi here. No way in hell am I dying on that hill.

I just REALLY hate The Phantom Menace

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phantom menace wasn't that bad. it's just that a lot of the people that grew up with star wars were disappointed when they finally made the first prequel. Fans that were all grown up having to watch a movie that was still directed towards kids. Some people don't know how to properly analyze a prequel. I do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Marvel isn't The Last Jedi. ......Captain Marvel also maintains its current universe without hurting any of its lore.
Actually, now that I'm thinking about my own statement I think it does hurt the first Avengers movie and maybe Infinity Wars.
There is no way Thanos attacks earth with Captain Marvel around. Carol single-handedly deals with the nuclear attack and destroys multiple space ships and sends Ronin away with a warning. The entire invasion of earth would be based around dealing with Captain Marvel. Nick Fury definitely would've used his pager to get Captain Marvel at an earlier time.

There was already a really strong woman in the MCU - Scarlet Witch. Captain Marvel seems to be on the same level as something like the Infinity Gauntlet or Thors Ax. Captain Marvel in the MCU is kinda problematic. I guess its a good thing its wrapping up because a character at that power level kills it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
153 Million opening weekend.

455 Million worldwide.

6th largest worldwide opening ever.

I was there last night. I enjoyed the movie.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with it. Not great but not horribad
Captain marvel is too powerful
Having Maria rambeau be the kid is an issue as well. She was also a captain marvel in the comics for a while.
Marvel wants more strong women, but Superman movies suck because the hero is invincible.
Having invincible women will not help the movies. I am not saying make them weak, but make them work to win.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie wasn't half bad I think it could have done without the minor SJW making men feel look like assholes

especially for the fight scene at the end or lack there of. I think they really made her too strong especially how she just flew into space and started crushing Ronins space ships like nothing. I think they will scale back her powers once she joins up with the avengers

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real knock I had on it was that they picked the most average looking girl to play a powerful character

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please.. critics raved about how Last Jedi was awesome and that was the worst Star Wars film of all time. I could even stomach kid Anakin more than I could that POS movie.

I don't remember the critic reviews about TLJ but fans panned it (and rightfully so-it was just a really directionless movie). I think on this one you are in the minority.

And that's fair. I think everyone has different expectations for what they think a movie should be and if it didn't meet your expectations then so be it. I think that's probably a common thing with certain forms of media that are popular. I was the same way with TWD-I had expectations for the quality of that show, and when they didn't meet those expectations I tuned out.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real knock I had on it was that they picked the most average looking girl to play a powerful character
that's the dumbest "knock" I have ever heard.

you have to be hot to be a superhero?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the dumbest "knock" I have ever heard.

you have to be hot to be a superhero?

Well like 85% of all movies are played by attractive people as the main roles for the most part all the people playing a hero in the avengers is fit and good looking. Not average looking like the girl who played captain marvel in which you can mistake with a girl behind a star bucks counter somewhere in Scottsdale Arizona

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like 85% of all movies are played by attractive people as the main roles for the most part all the people playing a hero in the avengers is fit and good looking. Not average looking like the girl who played captain marvel in which you can mistake with a girl behind a star bucks counter somewhere in Scottsdale Arizona
I honestly don't think Larson is unattractive. She might not be a 10 out of 10 but she is certainly a pretty girl.

Comic books are fiction. They are drawn by horny artists who give them ridiculous tits and bodies to go with them.

When you try to be realistic about it, you aren't going to get those attributes in the real world.

What if they got some schlub like Fat Amy to play a super powerful superhero? Why can't Fat Amy be a superhero?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Larson is unattractive. She might not be a 10 out of 10 but she is certainly a pretty girl.

Comic books are fiction. They are drawn by horny artists who give them ridiculous tits and bodies to go with them.

When you try to be realistic about it, you aren't going to get those attributes in the real world.

What if they got some schlub like Fat Amy to play a super powerful superhero? Why can't Fat Amy be a superhero?
I mean, I'd do her too.

But Scarlett Johansson...

Nobody would see fat Amy add superhero... Ghostbusters type fail would happen.

Not all superheros are hot. She's probably the female equivalent to Chris Pratt. They're not all Scarletts and Thors

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'd do her too.

But Scarlett Johansson...

Nobody would see fat Amy add superhero... Ghostbusters type fail would happen.

Not all superheros are hot. She's probably the female equivalent to Chris Pratt. They're not all Scarletts and Thors
you don't think Pratt is a stud?

if he was still in his Parks and Rec body, I would agree, but I'd say he's a hunk these days.

but really I don't think every superhero should be a looker.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think Pratt is a stud?

if he was still in his Parks and Rec body, I would agree, but I'd say he's a hunk these days.

but really I don't think every superhero should be a looker.
I don't get the draw of him, no. Not that he's unattractive. He's easily above average, and on the attractive side, but is he a Hemsworth? Nah, brah.

No homo

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, now that I'm thinking about my own statement I think it does hurt the first Avengers movie and maybe Infinity Wars.
There is no way Thanos attacks earth with Captain Marvel around. Carol single-handedly deals with the nuclear attack and destroys multiple space ships and sends Ronin away with a warning. The entire invasion of earth would be based around dealing with Captain Marvel. Nick Fury definitely would've used his pager to get Captain Marvel at an earlier time.

There was already a really strong woman in the MCU - Scarlet Witch. Captain Marvel seems to be on the same level as something like the Infinity Gauntlet or Thors Ax. Captain Marvel in the MCU is kinda problematic. I guess its a good thing its wrapping up because a character at that power level kills it.

they could explain it away that what she did at the end of that movie is the result of absorbing "x" amount of energy. Maybe its not something she can just "turn on" and go nuts like that all the time. Otherwise yeah i agree, that kinda cheapens it going forward. They never really had a chance to dive into the extent of her abilities other than she was just seemingly getting stronger as the movie went on. I trust in Russos to be able to handle it. We saw how they pretty much neutered Vision in Infinity War and it fit the story pretty decently

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not talking attractiveness I am talking about her physique if you are going to fly around, destroy space ships, beat the living hell out of bad guys atleast look intimidating. I think lily james would have been a good pick especially from the fast girls movie

lily james.jpg

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie is Marvel average, which means that it's still a pretty good popcorn movie. I enjoyed, but it's far from their best.

Larson is a pretty girl, I have nothing against her, but you can't find anything of whatever she did to earn an Oscar in this movie.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking attractiveness I am talking about her physique if you are going to fly around, destroy space ships, beat the living hell out of bad guys atleast look intimidating. I think lily james would have been a good pick especially from the fast girls movie

View attachment 200074

you literally call her out for not being attractive.

and maybe they want that. Maybe they are going for the "you don't have to be Scarlett Johanson to be a superhero

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the draw of him, no. Not that he's unattractive. He's easily above average, and on the attractive side, but is he a Hemsworth? Nah, brah.

No homo
so you are comparing Pratt to probably the most attractive men in the world right now? (no homo)