• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Kmart (AB)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His kids are smarter than him. They know this is wrong.

'You traded Roethlisberger for Carr? Daddy, you're stupid.'

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you got me reading this shit; it's all on you!

Chef,

How ya doing buddy????

Welcome to the official bullshit thread of the king of assholes, "Captain Kmart"

:lol:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef,

How ya doing buddy????

Welcome to the official bullshit thread of the king of assholes, "Captain Kmart"

:lol:

Jeezus, I NEVER wanna see a pic of Antonio Brown's feet again.

giphy.gif
:nono::nono::nono:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spilled milk, but I laughed...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...update.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy—which was heard during a two-hour phone call on Friday—with a resolution likely coming next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh shit, I just came so hard.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...update.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy—which was heard during a two-hour phone call on Friday—with a resolution likely coming next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now.

Report: Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown ‘Freaking Out’ About New Helmet, Says He Won’t Play In NFL With It – CBS Pittsburgh

This shit is comedy gold...... @FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao... this is going better than I could have ever imagined!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the arbitrator or whatever told him no & he must comply with the rest of the league? I'm confused. Thought there was 1 type of helmet that could be used and thats it?
No, they are kinda giving him a compromise.

If he can find a helmet less than 10 years old in his size, he can wear it.

Since it was discontinued in 2011, he's looking for anything built between 2009-2010, that would last him through this season.

If I were Ben, I'd be buying every Schutt Air in his size that I can.

There is more than 1 type of helmet that is allowed. There is a series of helmets that are allowed AFAIK. They had to pass their impact tests, and be less than 10 years old.

Brown's specific helmet that he wants to wear is just way too old.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are kinda giving him a compromise.

If he can find a helmet less than 10 years old in his size, he can wear it.

Since it was discontinued in 2011, he's looking for anything built between 2009-2010, that would last him through this season.

If I were Ben, I'd be buying every Schutt Air in his size that I can.

There is more than 1 type of helmet that is allowed. There is a series of helmets that are allowed AFAIK. They had to pass their impact tests, and be less than 10 years old.

Brown's specific helmet that he wants to wear is just way too old.
Interesting... Wonder if this will lead the way for other players like Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers to change helmets. They appealed in the past and didn't get any compromise. What makes AB's case so special?

You know what would be hilarious is if the Steelers suddenly had a free autographed helmet (Schutt Air) giveaway this week...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... Wonder if this will lead the way for other players like Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers to change helmets. They appealed in the past and didn't get any compromise. What makes AB's case so special?

You know what would be hilarious is if the Steelers suddenly had a free autographed helmet (Schutt Air) giveaway this week...

I'm just so amused at the people that said PIT got robbed in this trade...and the fact that this is OAK's problem now. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just so amused at the people that said PIT got robbed in this trade...and the fact that this is OAK's problem now. :D
Well I'm still thinkin the Steelers got robbed... But only "slightly" now. :D

Because without those picks they probably don't land Devin Bush.

But I do find it hilarious how everyone thought Ben was the drama-queen in that situation with AB. It becomes more & more apparent every week that AB was the problem.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm still thinkin the Steelers got robbed... But only "slightly" now. :D

Because without those picks they probably don't land Devin Bush.

But I do find it hilarious how everyone thought Ben was the drama-queen in that situation with AB. It becomes more & more apparent every week that AB was the problem.

It wasn't a great haul by any stretch, but it was enough to give Colbert the draft assets he needed to get Bush. Had Colbert sat on his hands instead of making a move for an impact player, the picks wouldn't look nearly as good.

Hearing a little bit from the inside...The Bell drama was mostly between Bell and a couple of the OL that he told he would be in on such and such date and he reneged on it. That set off that fire storm. The AB/Ben thing was born out of pettiness by AB. Little stuff apparently would irk AB...such as Ben getting Wednesdays off, the stuff the Ben had to say on his radio show just put things at a boiling point. Juju winning team mvp...a team vote...he wasn't happy about that.

Bottom line...AB has issues.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this is like, the greatest preseason story line EVER. :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a great haul by any stretch, but it was enough to give Colbert the draft assets he needed to get Bush. Had Colbert sat on his hands instead of making a move for an impact player, the picks wouldn't look nearly as good.

Hearing a little bit from the inside...The Bell drama was mostly between Bell and a couple of the OL that he told he would be in on such and such date and he reneged on it. That set off that fire storm. The AB/Ben thing was born out of pettiness by AB. Little stuff apparently would irk AB...such as Ben getting Wednesdays off, the stuff the Ben had to say on his radio show just put things at a boiling point. Juju winning team mvp...a team vote...he wasn't happy about that.

Bottom line...AB has issues.
AB's conflict with the team felt more internal than Bell's. Especially when he called out the face of the franchise (Bell did the same, but more of an afterthought & to a lesser degree). Bell's drama with the team was brief, but the external conflict went to new levels when the contract disputes grew tiresome & Bell was plorsting himself across media outlets partying & saying the dumbest shit. Basically drove his own trade value down. It was primarily the fans that felt the most scorned by him, not that the FO didn't, just not nearly to the same degree IMO. Yea his teammates felt betrayed, but they got over it quickly wheras the fans still draw ire in wake of anyone mentioning his name.

But for what its worth, I have more respect for Bell than I ever will for AB on how they handled things with the Steelers... Albeit only a minute amount of respect... And I think a lot of fans would say the same.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB's conflict with the team felt more internal than Bell's. Especially when he called out the face of the franchise (Bell did the same, but more of an afterthought & to a lesser degree). Bell's drama with the team was brief, but the external conflict went to new levels when the contract disputes grew tiresome & Bell was plorsting himself across media outlets partying & saying the dumbest shit. Basically drove his own trade value down. It was primarily the fans that felt the most scorned by him, not that the FO didn't, just not nearly to the same degree IMO. Yea his teammates felt betrayed, but they got over it quickly wheras the fans still draw ire in wake of anyone mentioning his name.

But for what its worth, I have more respect for Bell than I ever will for AB on how they handled things with the Steelers... Albeit only a minute amount of respect... And I think a lot of fans would say the same.

I would struggle giving either one much respect in a face to face meeting, but I agree...Bell's was more about a contract...he and his agent just over shot their market. Both Bell and the OL guys should've kept whatever he told them in house.

AB is a calculated fool imo.