• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capitals again

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have won 3 of their last 6, Lightning have won 2 of their last 6. Both teams could really use a win on Monday. I pick the Lightning to win, for some reason I think they have more heart than we do.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss given the fact we had a goal waved off in the 1st that should of stood, i'm sick and tired of refs having no consistency over when contact is made with the goalie, what is interference what is not?

I'm not one to criticise Cooper a lot, I think he's a good coach but I thought he made a rather dumb mistake leading to the Caps first goal. We just failed on a 5 on 3, the Caps had the tails up straight after the kill, the fans were in to it and we get stuck in our zone with Drouin, Paquette, Brown, Sustr and Garrison and we ice the puck, they were gassed. I said at the time call timeout it's a tired, inexperienced group out there and you knew Ovi's line was going to come over the boards. Rather than calling timeout, giving those guys a break, killing a bit of the momentum and most importantly getting them organised Cooper didn't elect to use his timeout and the Caps go ahead and score. Poor decision by Cooper!! I'm also frustrated by the fact he doesn't change his lines especially when the team isn't playing good hockey, sometimes that sparks the team. Perhaps put Drouin with Stammer for a bit, just change things around a bit and try and get something going and spark the team when they are struggling rather than rotating the same line for 60 minutes.