• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap Bumped to $130

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyce? He only had 9 receptions last year. Taking a lot on faith, aren't you? Wouldn't a player like Decker make the rest more effective?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at what he will cost.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyce? He only had 9 receptions last year. Taking a lot on faith, aren't you? Wouldn't a player like Decker make the rest more effective?

He was a rookie with an injury. And we have also have Mark Harrison 6'3" 230 with him and Dobson that gives us some big receivers that move well and are both capable of getting the ball at it's highest point. Kenbrell Thompkins also showed some signs. Again a lot of rookies last year and we still have Amendola

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bronco fan I wouldn't take Decker either or at least at the price I am hearing he is to go for. Right now estimations are anywhere from $9-12 million. That is #1 money and Decker just isn't that guy. For being a bigger strong receiver he really isn't that physical. He doesn't win a lot of jump balls. He doesn't have the top end speed to keep a defense honest. His hands are at times questionable. He just isn't the dependable guy you would want for that kind of money. Don't get me wrong whatever team gets him they will like him but will always want more from him as the money won't justify what stats he will put up. Denver honestly is the best situation for him right now as he isn't asked to be the top guy. Heck he is probably the 4th guy on the team at this point in receiver ranking.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Decker getting 9 million. He has a lot to prove still. I just think the Pats need a vet at WR, doesn't have to be Decker, could be someone like Golden Tate.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Decker getting 9 million. He has a lot to prove still. I just think the Pats need a vet at WR, doesn't have to be Decker, could be someone like Golden Tate.

Well estimations are that is what his market value will be. Now whether he gets it or not we shall see but when you have as much cap money floating around as we do this year in the NFL some team is going to overpay for his services. It just depends if he decides to take it or not or go to the situation that he knows is best for him. He goes to one of those bottom feeder teams his talents are just going to rot for a few years until he is a cap casualty. Hate to see players do that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Unless we have the chance at a legit elite guy, I don't want to pay big money for anyone. Decker s very good but he's not elite and he will get paid like he's close to it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well estimations are that is what his market value will be. Now whether he gets it or not we shall see but when you have as much cap money floating around as we do this year in the NFL some team is going to overpay for his services. It just depends if he decides to take it or not or go to the situation that he knows is best for him. He goes to one of those bottom feeder teams his talents are just going to rot for a few years until he is a cap casualty. Hate to see players do that.

You never know, I guess, but Brandon Marshall is making $9,100,000 in 2014 and he's way better. I see Decker more as a Antonio Brown $6,000,000 or Miles Austin $5,500,000 kind of signing.
I agree about going to a bottom feeder, he'll just end up a cap casualty. Which is why going to a team like the Pats makes more sense.
Lots of free agents WRs in 2014.

» Over the Cap- 2014 NFL Free Agent Wide Receivers

I think Decker stays as a Bronco or signs with a team like the Pats.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Marshall's significantly better than decker.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Marshall's significantly better than decker.

Marshall pretty good and if you think Decker is as good, I would think you want on the team. The thing is that the Pats don't need an Elite WR, they need a work horse that can stay healthy, because the Pats have some of the worse luck keeping WRs healthy. Could be they go over the middle to often perhaps?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a rookie with an injury. And we have also have Mark Harrison 6'3" 230 with him and Dobson that gives us some big receivers that move well and are both capable of getting the ball at it's highest point. Kenbrell Thompkins also showed some signs. Again a lot of rookies last year and we still have Amendola

Amendola is made of glass, you need a workhorse that can stay healthy for a full season. Some thing nobody on the roster at WR has been able to do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have any WRs we have guys that are listed as WRs but they are not. I am interested in two FA signings for the Pats. From what I saw WR stands for Wicked Raunchy

Talib and Mack. A nice bonus would be Allen

Here's an article listing Pats priorties, He agrees with Talib being at the top of the list.

From the Hart: Prioritizing the Patriots free agents

1 - Aqib Talib - New England's No. 1 cornerback proved his value once again in 2013. He also proved that he has trouble staying on the field with a recurring hip injury and then a knee injury that knocked him out of the AFC title game for the second straight winter. Talib has been a perfect fit for the team in the last year and a half, impressing teammates and coaches alike with everything he's done on and off the field. His ability to eliminate the likes of Vincent Jackson, Jimmy Graham and others early last fall had people mentioning Talib as a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He's that good and that important to the New England defense. In a league where coverage and rush are the two keys on defense, the Patriots just can't let Talib walk away. The franchise tag is an option, but the $11-plus million salary that comes with it isn't all that palatable. More likely New England will … must .. work out a longer term deal with Talib with a more appetizing cap number. He loves life in Foxborough, so that might earn some good will and maybe even a slight discount in negotiations. But the Patriots must pay Talib - clearly more than the one-year, $5 million deal he returned on last spring -- and keep him in the mix. Must. There isn't another option or even a close second in terms of New England's free agent priorities.

What do you think of the rest of the list?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall pretty good and if you think Decker is as good, I would think you want on the team. The thing is that the Pats don't need an Elite WR, they need a work horse that can stay healthy, because the Pats have some of the worse luck keeping WRs healthy. Could be they go over the middle to often perhaps?

I don't want a "work horse". Either we get an elite guy or we leave our receiving corp alone and let the young guys play. Nothing else is worth the investment IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Decker has an injury history. He came out of college with a horrendous leg injury. While in the pros he has been nicked up quite a bit and they are talking about possibly needing shoulder surgery this off season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Decker has an injury history. He came out of college with a horrendous leg injury. While in the pros he has been nicked up quite a bit and they are talking about possibly needing shoulder surgery this off season.

Folks are projecting him to sign at 9+ million, with a possible shoulder problem? You talked me out of ever wanting to sign him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a "work horse". Either we get an elite guy or we leave our receiving corp alone and let the young guys play. Nothing else is worth the investment IMO.

Tell you what JDM, I bet the Pats sign a vet after teams have to cut the roster down to regular season size. Pats need some one that can stay healthy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At vet minimum I wouldn't be surprised. But I fully expect them to be low on the depth chart. Thompson, Dobson, Amendola, Boyce, and slater are all virtually locks for the final roster. Assuming Edelman comes back that leaves maybe someone on a roster bubble every week as an injury replacement. There's only so many spots and without an elite guy no one goes anywhere.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At vet minimum I wouldn't be surprised. But I fully expect them to be low on the depth chart. Thompson, Dobson, Amendola, Boyce, and slater are all virtually locks for the final roster. Assuming Edelman comes back that leaves maybe someone on a roster bubble every week as an injury replacement. There's only so many spots and without an elite guy no one goes anywhere.

Oh please....your trying to tell me someone has to be elite to beat out one of these players for a spot?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Pats Football Weekly and Hart can be a little hard to take but aside from Mulligan being on the list, I guess he's not far off.

Talib's injuries worry me.

I'd put Edleman at the top of my list. There's NOTHING more frustrating than dropped balls and the offense needs at least one rock to count on while the others come along. The kid doesn't drop much.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To kick off any of the second year players, absolutely. Amendola would cost more money to cut this year than keep, so he's likely safe. Slater is a lock for special teams. That leaves Edelman, and anything short of an elite guy is paying a lot more for not much more production. The receiving corps is pretty much locked into place.