• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks Season Summed up thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

gillis_reels_doan_in.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must spread rep that is great

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
@willesonsports
Sorry, Jason Garrison doesn't cut it. Ownership wanted Weber badly. This is a major story in the Canucks' world. Believe it.

this was more than just a pipe-dream?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
#Wolves gm Wendel Young says tough to top our coaching staff after adding Mike Foligno to staff.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@willesonsports
Sorry, Jason Garrison doesn't cut it. Ownership wanted Weber badly. This is a major story in the Canucks' world. Believe it.

I posted before but I am VERY worried about our future after these next 2 years. I dont know what the $$ was for the sheet but if it was close and he turned it down Id have to think he sees WAY more success in Philly than in Vancouver, as I think many Free Agents now see, quite a turn from 2 or 3 years ago. Our time is come and seems to be going VERY quickly. I dont like this.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@willesonsports

Weber's agent Jarret Bouquet tells CKWX that Gillis's presentation was execllent but right now Philly made more sense.

im sick to my stomach on this. fuck

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber's agent Jarret Bouquet tells CKWX that Gillis's presentation was execllent but right now Philly made more sense.

im sick to my stomach on this. fuck

pretty sure thats code for Gillis didnt offer enough coin ... especially up front signing bonus coin ... and not a damning opinion of where the franchise is going

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure thats code for Gillis didnt offer enough coin ... especially up front signing bonus coin ... and not a damning opinion of where the franchise is going

well the Aquilinis are building (just approved) the condo project around Rogers Arena, they can't afford that up front cash..... holy fuck dark days are coming

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I posted before but I am VERY worried about our future after these next 2 years. I dont know what the $$ was for the sheet but if it was close and he turned it down Id have to think he sees WAY more success in Philly than in Vancouver, as I think many Free Agents now see, quite a turn from 2 or 3 years ago. Our time is come and seems to be going VERY quickly. I dont like this.

you need to drink a beer or three in an awful hurry and chill a bit.

- our goaltending is good.
- our other goaltender should bring back assets
- our defense is better than last year
- so many of our players underperformed last year, there HAS to be a bounce-back
(Kesler, Boother, Higgins, Edler, Lapierre, Hansen, Raymond ALL need to be better. Malhotra too, if he can)

and we still somehow won the Presidents trophy. No we don't have a superstar in the waiting, but our core still has good productive years left until the "Legion of Doom 2.0" is ready.

I find it hard to believe that we are ever going to be top bidder on free agent, by the nature of how we've built the team. nashville is going to match any offer, unless it is thoroughly ridiculous (this is long, long term, but workable cap hit). I don't see any importance on us being the one to write the terms instead of Philly doing that.

the only shitty thing is with the way the payout structure is (coupled with the one year trading embargo), that Weber is going to play out his career in Nashville. So our chance to get him in the next few years is basically gone ... unless he bitches out on the Preds.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- so many of our players underperformed last year, there HAS to be a bounce-back
(Kesler, Boother, Higgins, Edler, Lapierre, Hansen, Raymond ALL need to be better. Malhotra too, if he can)

and we still somehow won the Presidents trophy. No we don't have a superstar in the waiting, but our core still has good productive years left until the "Legion of Doom 2.0" is ready.

I find it hard to believe that we are ever going to be top bidder on free agent, by the nature of how we've built the team. nashville is going to match any offer, unless it is thoroughly ridiculous (this is long, long term, but workable cap hit). I don't see any importance on us being the one to write the terms instead of Philly doing that.

the only shitty thing is with the way the payout structure is (coupled with the one year trading embargo), that Weber is going to play out his career in Nashville. So our chance to get him in the next few years is basically gone ... unless he bitches out on the Preds.

Yes, although the rest of the NW division was craptacular last year. The Canucks have feasted on this fact the past few seasons, but the business landscape had definitely changed this off-season (Minnesota will be better for one and Calgary will likely be a little better as well).

I still see the Canucks as the class of the division, but other teams in the division are closing the gap.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, he already has. A captain trying to jump ship is pretty ridiculous.

As far as the 'Nucks are concerned, they're good. Kesler has a long career ahead of him. The stormtroopers are very consistent in the regular season, so you'll have your post-season chances. The defense could be better, but they aren't bad. Your netminder is young!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon puck when have you ever known me to overreact on canuck happenings

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw a tweet recently responding about the canucks window ... that the window was closing ... that we need to make moves while the window is still open (it didnt talk about the sweat drip off my balls) ... and more pointedly about the Sedins getting older

something sarcastic to the effect of "yah ... because the Sedins game is built totally around speed and thats going going gone with their advanced age"

I think they have time ... they definitely need to add ... if they go into next season without adding more theyll be spinning their wheels if not regressing

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw a tweet recently responding about the canucks window ... that the window was closing ... that we need to make moves while the window is still open (it didnt talk about the sweat drip off my balls) ... and more pointedly about the Sedins getting older

something sarcastic to the effect of "yah ... because the Sedins game is built totally around speed and thats going going gone with their advanced age"

I think they have time ... they definitely need to add ... if they go into next season without adding more theyll be spinning their wheels if not regressing

Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Ebbett, Tanev? That core's just dirty.