• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks Ducks GNT - redux

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice powerplay by the Swedish 4 + Burrows, but they can't cash in...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
CoHo gets his chance on the powerplay (for 20 seconds), and sends a beautiful cross ice pass to Ebbet who couldn't pull the trigger.
that's a shame.

5 on 3 coming up with 90 seconds left.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Hiller made some amazing saves to preserve that W.
Nucks outshoot Ducks 18-5 in the 3rd.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Taylor with a great line -

"The criticism of Luongo is already in mid-season form"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if any other fanbase will analyze the goals allowed by their teams starting goalie to death like we will

/entire game was on snet vancouver if u had bell ... They even ran a crawl along the bottom of snet pacific during the baseball game to tell everyone the game was on the snet vancouver channel

Shaw shits the bed again

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched my first 2 periods of pre season hockey last night after baseball. I cant say Im impressed by Luongo but I can say it would be totally unfair of me to judge him after 1 pre season game since game 7. if its a bad goal a game again its going to be VERY long for him and for the fans. I am taking a very different approach to this regular season and will most likely be too judgemental over the season due to the sensitivity of the loss in the finals and the window closing for this elite team. I DONT think Gillis made teh team better this off season but with Lapierre and Higgins on a full season I think we are just as good as last year I just wish we had some more 4th line strength but we will see the roster on oct 6th so I cant judge it yet.

Byron Bitz is gone for a while now with a surgery

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
watched my first 2 periods of pre season hockey last night after baseball. I cant say Im impressed by Luongo but I can say it would be totally unfair of me to judge him after 1 pre season game since game 7. if its a bad goal a game again its going to be VERY long for him and for the fans. I am taking a very different approach to this regular season and will most likely be too judgemental over the season due to the sensitivity of the loss in the finals and the window closing for this elite team. I DONT think Gillis made teh team better this off season but with Lapierre and Higgins on a full season I think we are just as good as last year I just wish we had some more 4th line strength but we will see the roster on oct 6th so I cant judge it yet.

Byron Bitz is gone for a while now with a surgery

I've mentioned this in another thread - but I think the key is if Manny can be the core of a dominating defensive 3rd line, then Kesler can run wild offensively on the 2nd line. That team was pretty dominant in the regular season, and the fact is we didn't have 'that team' in the finals. Manny was ineffective, and Kesler was on one leg. The zone starts statistics that some of the sabermetrics guys put out told this story pretty clearly.
Lappierre is a heck of a start to a solid 4th line, but asking him to be 3rd line is stretching him a bit thin.

also: congrats on missing the first few games (we were dressing literally an AHL roster). it was not pretty hockey.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with that puck. I also think having hodgson for a full season will be a question mark finally answered. good or bad