• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can't post today, nobody started thread, Brock chagrined

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't discuss!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will help us all feel the love.........

Reds radio announcer Marty Brennaman likes to say, "Ain't love grand?"; but the fact remains planning a wedding can be a difficult and nerve-racking task.
Well, the Reds are ready to take that burden off the hands of some happy couples looking to tie the knot or renew their vows this summer.
Yes, a day after Amazon.com named Cincinnati the eighth-most romantic city in the United States, the city's baseball club announced it is hosting a second "I Do's On The Diamond" event — this one Aug. 22 when the Reds host the Atlanta Braves at Great American Ball Park.

The ceremony will take place on the field prior to the first pitch, and couples are able to invite 12 members of the family or close friends to a reception.
Per the Reds, "The wedding parties will enjoy an upscale buffet and open bar while partying the night away like a Reds VIP. The package also includes a congratulatory scoreboard message, Reds favors and decor, special photo opportunities with mascots along with unparalleled views of the postgame fireworks show."
If this sounds like something up your alley, contact the Reds Special Events Dept. at 513-765-7065 or at [email protected]. More information is also available online at reds.com/events.
Those who book a package prior to Valentine's Day will not only lock in a unique way to get married but also receive a special gift from the Reds.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals don't ever seem to do much right anymore. However, they can put out a creative billboard.

PI-MLB-Royals-billboard-020414.vadapt.955.medium.66.jpg

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L

Poor dear Hammer........

San Diego Padres left-hander Cory Luebke needs a second reconstructive surgery on his pitching elbow, forcing him to miss the 2014 season.

An MRI taken on Luebke's elbow Friday revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament, MLB.com reported. The 28-year-old also missed the 2013 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in May 2012.
"I guess the general consensus was the graft never took and that there were some problems from the get-go," Luebke told MLB.com on Tuesday night. "Kind of the way the process has gone ... the stops and starts, and every time we turned up the volume and intensity, it was never too long before we had a setback. That sort of let me know there's something going on.
"My gut feeling through the rehab process was this didn't seem right. And when we did the MRI, it was pretty clear what was going on."
Luebke, a first-round pick of the Padres in 2007 out of Ohio State, broke into the major leagues in 2010. His first full season for San Diego came a year later, when he appeared in 46 games (17 starts), going 6-10 with a 3.29 ERA while striking out 154 batters in 139.2 innings.
The following season, Luebke made five starts for the Padres, going 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA before being shut down due to the first elbow injury.
"I feel bad for him ... from 2011 through the first part of 2012, he was certainly on his way," Padres general manager Josh Byrnes told MLB.com. "This is a real setback. There's been a lot of missed time. Hopefully in a year or so, he can get back to being Cory Luebke.
"This whole thing has been a mystery."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is for you Mike Oxlodge, whereever you may be posting now.........

Matt Diaz has announced — on his own blog — that he’s retiring:
I’m moving on in my life from playing baseball. Notice, I didn’t say, I was done with baseball! How could anyone who loves the game ever “be done.” And certainly I love the game! I love the way it taught me to fail and get over it. I love the way it helped me become the man I am today. I love the way it’s provided for me and my family. There’s so much to love about this game. I just don’t love playing it anymore, and that’s how I know it’s time to not pursue a job playing this year.
Diaz hit .290/.338/.429 in 11 years with the Devil Rays, Royals, Braves, Pirates and Marlins. He was mostly a bench/platoon guy, though he happened to have his best season as a major leaguer in the year he got the most playing time. That came in 2009 when he hit .313./.390/.488 with 13 homers and 58 RBI in 425 plate appearances for the Braves.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor dear Hammer........

San Diego Padres left-hander Cory Luebke needs a second reconstructive surgery on his pitching elbow, forcing him to miss the 2014 season.

An MRI taken on Luebke's elbow Friday revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament, MLB.com reported. The 28-year-old also missed the 2013 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in May 2012.
"I guess the general consensus was the graft never took and that there were some problems from the get-go," Luebke told MLB.com on Tuesday night. "Kind of the way the process has gone ... the stops and starts, and every time we turned up the volume and intensity, it was never too long before we had a setback. That sort of let me know there's something going on.
"My gut feeling through the rehab process was this didn't seem right. And when we did the MRI, it was pretty clear what was going on."
Luebke, a first-round pick of the Padres in 2007 out of Ohio State, broke into the major leagues in 2010. His first full season for San Diego came a year later, when he appeared in 46 games (17 starts), going 6-10 with a 3.29 ERA while striking out 154 batters in 139.2 innings.
The following season, Luebke made five starts for the Padres, going 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA before being shut down due to the first elbow injury.
"I feel bad for him ... from 2011 through the first part of 2012, he was certainly on his way," Padres general manager Josh Byrnes told MLB.com. "This is a real setback. There's been a lot of missed time. Hopefully in a year or so, he can get back to being Cory Luebke.

hammer is too busy bashing the Patriots in another thread

he doesn't care about the Padres yet

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor dear Hammer........

Wow, that suckssssssss.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOOO!!!! Probably not going to get that autograph opportunity after all.

Russell Wilson, the quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks, was selected by the Texas Rangers in December’s Rule 5 Draft and there’s been talk of him making an appearance this spring in camp. But if the Super Bowl XLVIII champion suits up in a Texas uniform it will only be for photo opportunities.
Wilson’s agent Mark Rodgers [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]430849292731817984[/MEDIA]"]told Jon Morosi of FOX Sports[/ame] on Tuesday that his client has “no plans to actively participate in Rangers spring training.”
Wilson might show up in Surprise, Arizona to sign autographs and chat with the club’s minor league players, but he’ll merely be an honored guest.
The 25-year-old played baseball in college at NC State and spent two summers in the Colorado Rockies’ farm system, but his gaze has always been on pro football and it’d be foolish to turn back now.
Wilson was a .229/.354/.356 hitter in 379 career minor league plate appearances.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing a very happy 80th birthday to one of my favorite players ever, Hank Aaron.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love baseball cards, even though I quit actively collecting them years ago.

topps_revised_kcq99kxf_ma5i697j.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the guy wasn't Beiber ^^

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really find that you feel the need to have a gun with you everywhere you go, maybe you need to consider or reconsider who you are and how you are living your life.

I know for some it is an actual necessity. However, that number would be in the single digits as far as percentage of the total population goes, so........:wtf2:

Very good point! They should just move to Alaska... Everyone is packing there!

(I watch too much Alaska State Troopers)

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the guy wasn't Beiber ^^

you see that story about the charter flight Bieber was on, said he and his father were unruly and out of control and the pilots had to wear oxygen masks because of all the pot smoke

that kid is fucked

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see that story about the charter flight Bieber was on, said he and his father were unruly and out of control and the pilots had to wear oxygen masks because of all the pot smoke

that kid is fucked

Downward spiral anyone?

I only hope it will continue, and in a way that he does not make it to the "27 club".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that kid is fucked

Is this the flight where it was boarded in New Jersey and sadly nothing was found? Or was this something different? But yes this kid is fucked and I really wish he would just go away!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor dear Hammer........

And yet we're still the best rotation in the division by far! :nod:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason? Excuse? Both? Bullshit?

Painkiller crackdown leads many to use heroin

Really?