• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano To Boston?

dwoychowski

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this is my first post on this site. Yes, I have lost my marbles. Yes, I really am about to propose what I am about to propose.

Why not move Pedroia to SS or 3b, which ever he feels most comfortabe with and sign Cano for 8 years $200 mil? Pedroia is the ultimate team player and has the defensive ability to play SS.

That would give the Sox, Xander at 3B, Pedroia at SS, and Cano at 2B. :omg:

Now let the hate begin!

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love your 1st post, just for so many reasons...good luck and welcome.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this is my first post on this site. Yes, I have lost my marbles. Yes, I really am about to propose what I am about to propose.

Why not move Pedroia to SS or 3b, which ever he feels most comfortabe with and sign Cano for 8 years $200 mil? Pedroia is the ultimate team player and has the defensive ability to play SS.

Now let the hate begin!

:suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now let the hate begin!

Very good 1st post.

Signing Cano away from the Sinstripes might seem petty to some people but I would have no objection to it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he's gonna have to land somewhere, the list of teams willing/able to pay him are decreasing.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now let the hate begin!

Hate? No, not at all.

However, that said, I am having trouble in stopping laughing.........:laugh3::doh::bullshit:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Pedroia play short? Does he have enough arm? Seems like he played there in the minors some, but I'm guessing there is a reason he has played second base for so long in Boston.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate? No, not at all.

However, that said, I am having trouble in stopping laughing.........:laugh3::doh::bullshit:

wait til anyone with the id name with "right" at the end of it gets ahold of him, lights out, party over.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Pedroia play short? Does he have enough arm? Seems like he played there in the minors some, but I'm guessing there is a reason he has played second base for so long in Boston.

He played 2nd largely because Boston has more depth at SS than at 2b.

The Red Sox need him playing everyday at some position, not sitting on the bench.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pedroia is/was a short stop. Boston converted him to 2nd.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate? No, not at all.

:agree:

Any posts are welcome here and there should be no hate...

Just be prepared for some good natured ribbing if you post something outlandish.... (Like proposing that Boston signs Robinson Cano. That just shows you are not paying attention.)

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday (18th), Brahmsian! Are you 21 yet?

Quite a bit older actually, though I don't look it. I'll turn 66 the 18th of this month but have the best physique
of my life. Long story behind that. I won't go into details but am definitely happy about it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia is/was a short stop. Boston converted him to 2nd.

He was both in the minors. Just find it strange that if he could have played short, thus making him much more valuable, that they would have put him at second for the past 8 years to make room for Julio Lugo, Jed Lowrie, and Marco Scutaro.

dwoychowski

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Any posts are welcome here and there should be no hate...

Just be prepared for some good natured ribbing if you post something outlandish.... (Like proposing that Boston signs Robinson Cano. That just shows you are not paying attention.)

Actually I have been payng attention. It really doesn't seem that outlandish or redundant to me.

Although the new trend is getting away from the multiple year huge money contracts when it comes to signing free agents for the Sox, after hearing that Pedroia used to play SS, to me this would actually make alot of sense. This is Robison Cano - possibly top 5, easy top 10 position player in all of MLB.

Not only would the sox would have Xander, Pedrioa, and Cano locked up for the forseeable future (AMAZING infield, no matter who plays 1B), this would allow them to turn around and package Middlebrooks in a trade, maybe along the line of Middlebrooks and Lackey/Peavy/Dempster for OF or P.

The Sox are one of a few teams that could actually afford Cano and I think we have a hole right now at 3B or SS, which ever Xander doesn't play. I like Middlebrooks, but do not feel he is the answer at 3B.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was both in the minors. Just find it strange that if he could have played short, thus making him much more valuable, that they would have put him at second for the past 8 years to make room for Julio Lugo, Jed Lowrie, and Marco Scutaro.

He was strictly a SS for AZ State. The Sox tried him at both. At the time, there were questions about a 5'7" kid playing a postion dominated by Arod & Jeter sized players.

They also had high hopes for Renteria at short - and had Hanley Ramirez waiting in the wings.

So, it turned out to be a great decision and under no circumstance will the even think about asking him to move - even though I suspect he would excel no matter where he played...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I have been payng attention. It really doesn't seem that outlandish or redundant to me.

Although the new trend is getting away from the multiple year huge money contracts when it comes to signing free agents for the Sox, after hearing that Pedroia used to play SS, to me this would actually make alot of sense. This is Robison Cano - possibly top 5, easy top 10 position player in all of MLB.

Not only would the sox would have Xander, Pedrioa, and Cano locked up for the forseeable future (AMAZING infield, no matter who plays 1B), this would allow them to turn around and package Middlebrooks in a trade, maybe along the line of Middlebrooks and Lackey/Peavy/Dempster for OF or P.

The Sox are one of a few teams that could actually afford Cano and I think we have a hole right now at 3B or SS, which ever Xander doesn't play. I like Middlebrooks, but do not feel he is the answer at 3B.

The only outlandish part would be the contract he demands. Cano would never accept anything under $20m/year, and Boston would probably never go over that. And, they certainly would never give a 31 year old a seven year contract, unless it was well under the market annual value.

And, if they somehow acquired Cano, it would be much easier to shift him to 3rd.