• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cano and cargo

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both on my team and both playing like garbage. i think cano eventually comes out of it but i am starting to worry about cargo.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to worry about cargo?? surprised it took you so long(assuming we are talking carlos gonzalez(Colorado)...

It is hard to drop players who have had history of being so good, but he is not that player anymore, and he plays OF... OF is always a deep position, so unless you play in a very deep league, you should be able to find decent alternatives...

As for Cano, he is playing terrible!!! but he still plays 2B, so he has a much longer leash... And unfortunately at this point he is untradeable... So he certainly SHOULD not be dropped... the only question is do you have a good alternative to start while cano is struggling... Cano will never be the 30 HR guy he was in NY, and will likely not be able to reach 20 as a mariner... the real disappointment is his BA, and there is no reason to believe that wont come back up to a respectable number...

Really, I hope you didn't pay much for either player, both players had major concerns during the preseason, and both have not made you feel anything different than that...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is not untradeable. I just shipped him out with Guerrero, Cespedes and Teheran for Miggy. Mind you, this is a real DH league, so Cespedes has more value than he would as an OF. But still...

I just couldn't take it anymore. Cano looks terrible. Grounding out and striking out way too much. Maybe he hits .400 for a month, but I doubt it. And he's definitely not hitting 20 HR...probably not even 15.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that, I'd hold him for another week, since I dealt him he's probably gonna go off!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think that Trumbo will have a positive, negative or no affect on Cano??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Harold Reynolds describe exactly what's wrong with Cano..it's a very easily fixable mechanical issue in his step towards the plate. Be shocked if it continues much longer. ..I'd hold out for awhile if you can afford to

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2B pool is so shallow that I'm getting by with Brandon Phillips. OF is so deep that I'm getting by with Aoki, Betts and Cain. You can also usually pick up a hot OF and ride them for a couple weeks till they cool off. I did that with Preston Tucker recently.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Harold Reynolds describe exactly what's wrong with Cano..it's a very easily fixable mechanical issue in his step towards the plate. Be shocked if it continues much longer. ..I'd hold out for awhile if you can afford to
Don't look now but Cargo has raised his BA from under .200 to .227 with some power over past two weeks. BA of .350 and OBP of .450 in last 7 days. This may be the wrong time to jump ship.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to worry about cargo?? surprised it took you so long(assuming we are talking carlos gonzalez(Colorado)...

It is hard to drop players who have had history of being so good, but he is not that player anymore, and he plays OF... OF is always a deep position, so unless you play in a very deep league, you should be able to find decent alternatives...

As for Cano, he is playing terrible!!! but he still plays 2B, so he has a much longer leash... And unfortunately at this point he is untradeable... So he certainly SHOULD not be dropped... the only question is do you have a good alternative to start while cano is struggling... Cano will never be the 30 HR guy he was in NY, and will likely not be able to reach 20 as a mariner... the real disappointment is his BA, and there is no reason to believe that wont come back up to a respectable number...

Really, I hope you didn't pay much for either player, both players had major concerns during the preseason, and both have not made you feel anything different than that...

i never worry about cano. he has been about as consistent of a player as u can find over the yrs. im shocked at his season. i figured cargo was a steal in the late 4th rd. i always been a huge fan and that may have been the problem

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never worry about cano. he has been about as consistent of a player as u can find over the yrs. im shocked at his season. i figured cargo was a steal in the late 4th rd. i always been a huge fan and that may have been the problem

It's way passed time to worry. Everyone forgets he hit 14 HR last year....what is everyone waiting for? Absolute ceiling is a .400 July. It won't last, he is not even close to Yankee Cano.

And the Mariners won't drop him to the bottom third (where he belongs) because they paid him for things he did in NY.

I'm so glad I pulled the plug...and I would suggest selling him the next HR he gets...if it ever comes.