• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we keep 5 Running Backs?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount looked good. Do we keep Tebow but let Blount go????

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll no if its even close you kick tebow to te curb

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we cut Tebow until end of preseason. Mallett needs a backup. I love what I'm seeing from Blount

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can keep Blount, yes. It'll be between Tebow, Bolden, Hoomanawanui and Fells for cuts, one of them won't make it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both Tebow and fells gone.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fells gone are you out of your gourd?

I see Ballard and Hoomanawanui as much better blockers, and Hoomanawanui can play a fullback role as well. Sudfeld has a lot more upside than fells, who has never impressed me.

I think we can keep two of draw's four and those are the two I don't think make the cut.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Ballard and Hoomanawanui as much better blockers, and Hoomanawanui can play a fullback role as well. Sudfeld has a lot more upside than fells, who has never impressed me.

I think we can keep two of draw's four and those are the two I don't think make the cut.

But Ballard hasn't done jack shit, is still gimpy and has proven nothing. Fells has been tearing it up at the practices, I think if anyone goes it's Ballard. Fells can catch and runs well after the catch, Ballard is living off the hype of one season, sorry but at this point I would get rid of Ballard.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fells is also due twice what Ballard is. Ballard did his job and didn't look like there were lingering issues to me. We ran all over them and the blocking had a significant part of that. Fells only played 3 snaps with the first team, while Ballard played 12 and Sudfeld played 9. I think, especially given his contract, that fells is the one to go.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fells is also due twice what Ballard is. Ballard did his job and didn't look like there were lingering issues to me. We ran all over them and the blocking had a significant part of that. Fells only played 3 snaps with the first team, while Ballard played 12 and Sudfeld played 9. I think, especially given his contract, that fells is the one to go.

I disagree but we will see.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I have a hard time getting too worked up over who gets to be our 4th/5th Tight End.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I have a hard time getting too worked up over who gets to be our 4th/5th Tight End.

Actually, I was extremely surprised about Sudfeld. I think he makes the team as a receiving tight end.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was extremely surprised about Sudfeld. I think he makes the team as a receiving tight end.
I think so too. He'll be good to have on the field for however long Gronk is out, though he may have a hard time getting on the field after that. But it's always good to have the insurance... if he's reliable they WILL use him at least some, even if it's not all that often... and he's a rookie, he should only get better from here. I would cut Fells or Hoomanawanui over him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too. He'll be good to have on the field for however long Gronk is out, though he may have a hard time getting on the field after that. But it's always good to have the insurance... if he's reliable they WILL use him at least some, even if it's not all that often... and he's a rookie, he should only get better from here. I would cut Fells or Hoomanawanui over him.

I think that the decision on tight ends we keep will be unrelated to Gronk. With Gronk and Sudfeld on the line, it would be hard to decide who the play was set up for. Sudfeld can be used as a receiver like AH was. He can also "whiff" on a block that turns into a screen to Vereen. 3 tight end sets where all 3 can catch or block....

I doubt we are looking for temporary replacements.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn't mean to say he was there solely as a Gronk replacement. I think he will be most important while Gronk is out, but certainly putting him on the field with Gronk (and, say, Amendola and Thompkins at WR, Ridley at RB) gives you a lot of playmakers.

When Gronk comes back, all of those TEs will be squeezed for playing time, that's all I meant. He'll get some plays in, but it won't be super consistent.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mehh I think if Fells makes the team as I suspect he will be the 2nd TE when it's all said and done. I

Sudefeld makes the team. Not sure how many TEs BB will keep but IMO.

Gronk
Fells
Sudfeld

Ballard
Ho-Man

Sudfeld plays with a lot of heart.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five could be a problem if they give Tebow a roster spot.

Five: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington and Blount.
Four: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount

If they go with four...Washington is a good back but a little redundant in the regular offense because of Vereen and Edelman most likely makes the team at WR and is a capable punt returner. The kick return game wasn't good last year but I'd rather keep three big backs and Vereen than two bigs and two smaller backs. Bolden has made some great tackles on STs so I think he has the edge over Blount if they keep just two big backs.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke? Cut Blount and keep Tebow? Did you watch the game vs Philly? Tebow can't preform against 2 and 3 stringers, think he can handle a starting NFL defense? Tebow will be cut at the end of the pre season unless he pulls a miracle out of his ass.