• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Can the Bolts get 5 straight win? Ottawa tonight!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tightly checked, hard hitting game. The superstars really showed up today. Good game guys, I feel for ya, tough way to lose a game like that on a line change in OT.

Good game Doobee, I am happy to see you online! Haven't seen you in a while bro

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel better, pretty much everyone in the Eastern Conference (except the Bruins) is in that boat.

Thanks Doobee but no. It don't make me feel better that our Village Idiot ignores D & keeps signing forwards :lame:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Doobee but no. It don't make me feel better that our Village Idiot ignores D & keeps signing forwards :lame:

Yeah, they still need help back there, Callahan has outperformed St. Louis since the trade tho. Gotta like that.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they still need help back there, Callahan has outperformed St. Louis since the trade tho. Gotta like that.

Indeed he is! But we need D badly or a better GM that will address this issue & take the Bolts to the next level. Otherwise we'll end up like Philly (Cup, yea we had one....40 years ago!)

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palat ties it up at 3!!!!!!! If the Bolts don't give it away before the end, they'll get at least 1 point. Shamefully they can't figure out how to preserve a win! I don't flip flop on whether or not this team needs D or not. The Bolts need D more than any position period! No ifs ands & buts about it! Absofrigginlutely shameful!

Not try to be harsh but what are you on about? Yes I agree this team needs more D but how on earth you can criticise that game on the D. Did they blow the lead? Yes but today the bolts gave up 13 of the Pens 29 shots in about 10 mins with the man advantage both 5 on 4 and 4 on 3, therefore they held the Pens with all their fire power to 16 shots in the span of 50 mins 5 on 5. If that's not good then I don't no what is? You make out is was open season on Lindy. Again I agree with to some extent, yes the bolts need more D, I think everyone on this board knows that. The bolts surrendered a lead today and Johnson did make a dumb turnover but the bolts D was not to blame one bit, the fact of that matter is the Pens PP went 3/6 and if you give a team like that with all their weapons 6 PP's then you are playing with fire my friend. A little more discipline today as well some better officiating then the bolts come away with 2 points because honestly I thought the Pens looked very average 5 on 5, i'm not saying they are all the time but today they were and I think our D was a big part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Crosby 1-timer, no one even addressed him! Bah hum bug, that's decent D? Not addressing the Guins most talented player? He had all day on that 1-timer.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm trying not to be harsh on you guys, my friends but my harshness with this team's lack of D, lack of preserving a win & our Village Idiot will remain. I always respect you guy's opinion even when I see you all state we need D and than you state we don't. It's all good but D is the only position that I see this team needing a positive change.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Crosby 1-timer, no one even addressed him! Bah hum bug, that's decent D? Not addressing the Guins most talented player? He had all day on that 1-timer.

I somewhat agree with that. I thought it was on Carle if anything he was back skating against Malkin who was flying. You ain't going to keep up with Malkin by back skating you have to turn your hips and go with him. Then cause Malkin blows past Carle, Brewer has to cover and take Malkin that results in Callahan dropping down and taking the guy crashing the net which left Crosby open. There were a couple of cases today of were the D could of been better but how good can you be? Even the case you gave me was on the PP, 16 shots on goal in 50 minutes of play 5 on 5 against the Pens Is impressive to me.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with that. I thought it was on Carle if anything he was back skating against Malkin who was flying. You ain't going to keep up with Malkin by back skating you have to turn your hips and go with him. Then cause Malkin blows past Carle, Brewer has to cover and take Malkin that results in Callahan dropping down and taking the guy crashing the net which left Crosby open. There were a couple of cases today of were the D could of been better but how good can you be? Even the case you gave me was on the PP, 16 shots on goal in 50 minutes of play 5 on 5 against the Pens Is impressive to me.

I agree, Geno was coming down with a lot of momentum, someone had to help converge or else he would've had a clear lane to the net. Someone was bound to get open and Sid has a knack for doing so, can't blame the Lightning too much for that play.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cooper makes some good decisions but I hated one he made yesterday. He put Killorn on the top line with Stammer and Teddy and took Johnny off it. Why would you do that? That line has been clicking as well Val's line and yet you split them up? Makes no sense to me.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not try to be harsh but what are you on about? Yes I agree this team needs more D but how on earth you can criticise that game on the D. Did they blow the lead? Yes but today the bolts gave up 13 of the Pens 29 shots in about 10 mins with the man advantage both 5 on 4 and 4 on 3, therefore they held the Pens with all their fire power to 16 shots in the span of 50 mins 5 on 5. If that's not good then I don't no what is? You make out is was open season on Lindy. Again I agree with to some extent, yes the bolts need more D, I think everyone on this board knows that. The bolts surrendered a lead today and Johnson did make a dumb turnover but the bolts D was not to blame one bit, the fact of that matter is the Pens PP went 3/6 and if you give a team like that with all their weapons 6 PP's then you are playing with fire my friend. A little more discipline today as well some better officiating then the bolts come away with 2 points because honestly I thought the Pens looked very average 5 on 5, i'm not saying they are all the time but today they were and I think our D was a big part of it.
got to agree here all the penguin goals were power play goals! you can't give neal crosby and malkin a 4 on 3 in overtime and expect to win! If they gave stamkos, Val, callahan and hedman a 4 on 3 in over time we put them away also. my goodness did you see that goal by palat what a goal the 4 penguins just watched him score.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again we know this team needs a defenseman! it will be addressed in the offseason via trade or FA!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm trying not to be harsh on you guys, my friends but my harshness with this team's lack of D, lack of preserving a win & our Village Idiot will remain. I always respect you guy's opinion even when I see you all state we need D and than you state we don't. It's all good but D is the only position that I see this team needing a positive change.
I have seen you say a lot we need defense ? ok we all agree now who do you go out and get this summer to improve the defense ?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones !

:lol::laugh3: I almost p'd my pants Bolt! Too funny! I was thinking what you typed! However, any D-man that's a defensive defenseman would be a warm welcome. Quite honestly, it's too bad we couldn't teach Cally to be a defenseman. He would stick up for our net-minders, he would keep the crease clear for them plus he would bring us a great transition game with his puck control! The Bolts really need a defensive D-man guys! Bishop/Lindy can't be the only defense that the Bolts have. C'mon man a gritty, hard hitting player like Cally would be great. If we could teach him to be more D & less O.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen you say a lot we need defense ? ok we all agree now who do you go out and get this summer to improve the defense ?

Todd let me think about this question & look at contracts online & I'll let you know who I'd honestly like to see on the Bolts. Very good question sir! Now if you can get this player, after I think about a defensive D-man, I'd get us some game tickets!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Todd, here's my thoughts: Orpik, Scuderi, Smid, Seidenberg, Girardi, Seabrook or Shea Weber. Can you get us one of them? :hope: Or maybe even 2!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Todd, here's my thoughts: Orpik, Scuderi, Smid, Seidenberg, Girardi, Seabrook or Shea Weber. Can you get us one of them? :hope: Or maybe even 2!

Orpik & Scuderi are washed up. By all means, please take them off our hands.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, maybe a new team do 1 of them some good. Look at Vinny!