• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can it be done?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's game (perfect microcosm of our non-clutchness in the 8th and 9th, with Huff the main culprit, wasting another fine outing by Tim) I have to say we really can't do it.

Heart = broken.

I'm already on to 2012 now for real.

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

:yield:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's game (perfect microcosm of our non-clutchness in the 8th and 9th, with Huff the main culprit, wasting another fine outing by Tim) I have to say we really can't do it.

Heart = broken.

I'm already on to 2012 now for real.

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

:yield:

Games like that also keep us knowing that minor additions to the line-up could make a world of difference (while at least a little part of us yearns for a big splash). Kershaw has pitched that exact same way against much better line-ups. Sorry. That's the only silver-lining that I could find at the moment. Go Niners, Sharks... and Warriors?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like that also keep us knowing that minor additions to the line-up could make a world of difference (while at least a little part of us yearns for a big splash). Kershaw has pitched that exact same way against much better line-ups. Sorry. That's the only silver-lining that I could find at the moment. Go Niners, Sharks... and Warriors?

Agreed. Posey will be a major addition, Sanchez a minor one (the delta between him and Keppinger with the bat isn't that huge), and you HAVE to think we will have at least competence with hitting at CF and SS. Maybe not Reyes level adds, but something >> than Torres and Crawford and OCrap.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tito has suffered enough considering his all-time favorite player plays for the team he is supposed to hate more than any other (even though he seems to hate the A's more, for some reason) and is on the verge of completing, historically, the worst season by an MLB-level player ever. Velez's ineptitude will be remembered at Uecker-esque proportions. Though, this could all be Secret Agent Ned's doing.

And Velez always had to play in games with strange start times! Shadows! Hitters can't see the pitches! He needed to be in the every day line-up! The team needed speed!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Posey will be a major addition, Sanchez a minor one (the delta between him and Keppinger with the bat isn't that huge), and you HAVE to think we will have at least competence with hitting at CF and SS. Maybe not Reyes level adds, but something >> than Torres and Crawford and OCrap.

Interesting....the average difference in WAR between Kepp and Freddy is about 1.0 ($4.5MM). Most of this has to do with Freddy not being able to stay on the field.