• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Dan Skuta play ILB?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Because we may have seen Bowman's last play in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine how someone could come back form that nasty of an injury.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...PLENTY of people have come back - and from WORSE looking injuries than that. Two of them are on our team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say, I know Bowman is hurt bad but nothing like career ending... if Peterson can play, Bowman can make it back...

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry do not agree, look at Manningham for example. He was never same after his injury and will be a 3rd string WR. Bowman will also be a backup when/if he is back. What about other injuries next year? Their team will regress next year, in my view. Too much competition in this division to see us winning it again. This injury was Manningham all over again, gruesome to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Even if he can play again I don't know if he'll ever be the same.

And won't he need at least a year to recover from that injury? He might miss 2014 anyway.

Is it smart to devote a large portion of the salary cap to a guy who might not even play all year?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry do not agree, look at Manningham for example. He was never same after his injury and will be a 3rd string WR. Bowman will also be a backup when/if he is back. What about other injuries next year. Their team will regress next year, in my view. Too much competition in this division to see us winning it again.

It's looking like an ACL tear. Why are we assuming that he's done? We have two guys on our roster (Lattimore/Gore) who've come back from WORSE injuries. Peterson came back and was better than ever. And there are plenty of other examples.

It's not a forgone conclusion that he's done. Not even close.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's looking like an ACL tear. Why are we assuming that he's done? We have two guys on our roster (Lattimore/Gore) who've come back from WORSE injuries. Peterson came back and was better than ever. And there are plenty of other examples.

It's not a forgone conclusion that he's done. Not even close.

I heard it's an ACL plus a fracture. At least.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read up on it, and the only thing confirmed right now is an ACL tear. Adrian Peterson two years ago suffered an ACL tear late in the season and made it back in the beginning of the season, same thing w/ Robert Griffin.

Relax.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, it looks like 49ers offensive lineman Mike Iupati suffered a fractured ankle and linebacker Navorro Bowman tore his ACL. Mike Iupati sustained fractured ankle, Jim Harbaugh said. — Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) January 20, 2014 Jim Harbaugh said preliminary exam shows ACL injury for NaVorro Bowman. — Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) January 20, 2014 Need NFL Tickets? Loading... ZergNet The post Mike Iupati fractured his ankle, Navorro Bowman tore his ACL appeared first on Pro Football Zone.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick question Sick.... Why not Brooks? .. He was an ILB before the Niners converted him to OLB... Lemoneire (sp) can play the other OLB side

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we may have seen Bowman's last play in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine how someone could come back form that nasty of an injury.

Bowman will work hard and he will come back. Look how tough he is. He kept a hold of that ball all the way to the ground even after his knee was torn up. I wish him well and I know he will make it back.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be back! He has great people around him and he is a determined and hard working guy.

Skuta has really surprised me with his play. He has blitzed the qb very well when he has had the chance.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question Sick.... Why not Brooks? .. He was an ILB before the Niners converted him to OLB... Lemoneire (sp) can play the other OLB side

this might actually be the best option unless we grab a mlb in the 2nd round +. we need depth especially if willis goes down before bowman is back completely.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, check out Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky and put him on your radar.
:suds:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm certainly not going to write of Bowman based on what we know. Guys bounce back from serious injuries all the time. However, as far as the initial question goes, Skuta played ILB in Cincy. Though he recently said on the radio that he much prefers playing OLB as the responsibilities are less.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wish Bowman a speedy recovery. I'm going to pray everyday that he has a full recovery. He is a great player, but even a better human being.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bowman will be back as good as ever. Guys these days are able to come back from ACL injuries. It bodes well that Bowman is young and is an All-Pro talent. He will be determined to return to form and play next to his great buddy Patrick Willis. However, I wouldn't expect much out of him in 2014.