• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Bo survive this?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamps D was ranked 55 his last year at Texas. I would rather bring frost in as oc and have Bo run the D

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo runs the D now, I don't think he can handle it all what with being HC and whatnot, I'd even be happy with big brother coming back however unlikely, at least he would tell Bo to mind his fucking manners

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like the D attacked more today then the stand, react, and chase crap we saw the last two weeks. What changed today? Did it really have to take back to back losses for something to change - of course it did. If that is what it takes for Bo to switch things up then we are stuck in Bogatory again next year with the same coordinators, strength (?), and offensive line coach.

Iowa sucks.

There was no change from the last two weeks. Nebraska has better athletes and Iowa couldn't consistently get to the edge.

Thankfully.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

We played more 1-gap today

It certainly appeared so. Lots of good pressure from the front.

Regardless of what, if anything, happens with the staff I am pretty stoked about those young kids on the D-Line. Hopefully Gregory falls down Kipers big board enough that he will seriously consider a return for his senior season.
now, if there were some linebackers on the roster......

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
It certainly appeared so. Lots of good pressure from the front.

Regardless of what, if anything, happens with the staff I am pretty stoked about those young kids on the D-Line. Hopefully Gregory falls down Kipers big board enough that he will seriously consider a return for his senior season.
now, if there were some linebackers on the roster......

Gregory has been struggling as of late. I'm not sure if it's because of his knee issue or if his motor jest isn't running on all cylinders. He appears to run out of gas, maybe it's just his demeanor between play's, but he wasn't as effective in November as he was earlier in the year.

I thought Gangwish did well and his motor kept running at a pretty high rate throughout the game today. I was impressed that the guise seemed to put the wheels back on the car, considering the amount of time they were out on the field during the 1st half. There was a couple times that I thought we were doomed for sure and open the flood gates, because here it comes, but they battled back.

I thought Z. Anderson played well today, but the linebacker positions as a whole need a lot of work/attention. Sometime's it just makes ya shake head and wonder, wtf are they doing, but thats here nor there, I have the advantage of watching from couch.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZA has had a few decent games in a row now. He will be missed.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the posts here.

Bo has to be told to replace his DC and OC in order to keep his job. If Bo does not like that, Bo can resign. Saving Nebraska the buyout. Of course, the buyout will happen the next year because it is just poison keeping a pissed off head coach around, but it is what it is. Maybe some luck will happen, and Bo actually hires the RIGHT guy. (1% chance?)

Zaire Anderson is no doubt playing the best football of any of the linebackers.

Gregory is just not big enough to handle the three hundred+ pound tackles play after play. But Gregory was still fast enough to run down running backs that got down the field, whereas the linebackers could not do it.

Gangwish has an emotional motor, but cannot do anything. He was always jumping up and down after any play like he did it. Which does make the players around him smile and play a little looser.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa sucks.

There was no change from the last two weeks. Nebraska has better athletes and Iowa couldn't consistently get to the edge.

Thankfully.

They let the tackles go after the quarterback in the second half instead of playing patty cake. I don't think I've ever seen Valentine get so many hurries.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we aren't firing Bo, then I agree with this:
Muschamps D was ranked 55 his last year at Texas. I would rather bring frost in as oc and have Bo run the D
except maybe the choice of OC, I think we need to get away from the spread. We need to huddle, get on the same freaking page before every snap, slow the game down and give our defense plenty of time to make adjustments. an offense with more rollouts, give TA more opportunities to run and pass, less drop back passing, imo.

Also if we are keeping Bo, we must drop Els and Cotton as assistants. Need to get someone better at LB coach and need to get a QB coach in place of a useless coach, seriously what do we need a TE coach for when we hardly use them and are completely neglecting the most important position on the field.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops forgot to mention Dobson. Did you see the push the Iowa offensive and Defensive lines were getting? I don't care how fast and strong our WRs/RBs/QB/DBs look, just take a look where it matters, in the trenches. the guy's got to go.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to acquire a couple of LaVonte type LBs that can run, cover, and disrupt.
Dobson, that is why I put strength(?).

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought az st was going To the holiday bowl

I don't know. I read somewhere that USC was a candidate for the Holiday Bowl. An ASU matchup for Nebraska could get really ugly in a hurry.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban hired kiffin. That dude only cares about winning

I really want to see muschamp here
-------
If Bo would let him do his thing then i think Muschamp would do well here. I just think Bo wants to run too many things to give up control to his aides.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I read somewhere that USC was a candidate for the Holiday Bowl. An ASU matchup for Nebraska could get really ugly in a hurry.
-------
Considering the league we are in (weak), despite our record, whether it's USC/ASU/UCLA, I think we'd get foot stomped if we end up in the HOliday Bowl.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why Nebraska won was because Iowa started passing and it wasn't working for them and gave Nebraska more time to come back and we did

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new OC. Someone that would pass to Ameer like he was DAT. just think if Nebraska was putting up 50+ points a game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned that this "vision" that we've heard Eichorst talk about once or twice........this vision for the future that Bo has and Eichorst says he really likes......

I'm just concerned that this vision is all about where he intends to take this team Offensively.

So that leads me to believe that Bo's vision for the future is keeping his Tim Beck "multiplicity" shit going. And if that's the case, it plum don't matter who your Offensive Coordinator is, we're gonna keep fumbling, running into each other, botching snaps, getting false starts and illegal formations......because there is too much shit going on for a bunch of student athletes to nail it.

I really doubt any "vision" that he could ever be talking about means anything Defensively.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the 2009 Defense could even have success with this Offensive scheme we roll with now.

At least in 2009 we managed the game and took care of the ball a bit. That allowed us to punt it away and flip the field position, ultimately allowing Suh and company to get after it when Offenses had their backs against the wall.

Now we turn it over too much. Too many errors. No Defense can withstand that much pressure over time. We put way too much pressure on our Defense by making mistakes Offensively.

I'd rather be "simple" than "multiple."

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O has to many 3rd and longs and 3 and outs. Ameer is great but can he get you 15-20 yards on 3rd down late in the forth quarter when we are down by 4? Or do you let tommy throw...

Nebraska's offense doesn't need big huge plays we just need to keep it in manageable yardage. Much like Minnesota does, they don't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and sacks.